Teamkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman

RAYTANG
not mortars fault, its the abuser
unledrxre.png

A2

YEAH GUYZ I (AND KARNAGE AND SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS) AM/ARE PURPOSELY SHOOTING MORTARS ON MY/OUR TEAM MATES SO I/WE CAN HAVE A LOT OF FUN AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT BY MISTAKE.

Thanks Prop and especially Rip. You guys are the *dancing* gods of legions.

Disci

Old man
Mistakes or not, atleast I'm getting tired of it. You heavy players and few others are giving out excuses, that you should be let to do your thang and it's those fault who get in the line of shots. Guess what, you're using the *dancing* weapon wrong and at the wrong situations. You're just a lousy teamkiller harming your own teams performance and nothing more. Justifying team killing with any *dancing* excuses I've heard so far is just compensating the lack of intelligence/skill you people have.

DOS4/GW

Would anyone care to explain why a votekick system has never been implemented? Is it really that hard to do? Seems like a far better solution than removing a weapon from the game and/or having to send in a steady stream of incriminating jpgs.

Propkid

Cool idea: after 3 TKs within say 2 or 3 minutes a player joins team Zeta for 90s and becomes red (enemy) to everyone on the map, spawns up ass. Do it.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Would anyone care to explain why a votekick system has never been implemented? Is it really that hard to do? Seems like a far better solution than removing a weapon from the game and/or having to send in a steady stream of incriminating jpgs.
No weapon will be removed, that's just people bitching and whining. And yes, a votekick system is not as easy to implement as you might think. It also requires a working admin system to be implemented beforehand. And as you can read elsewhere, it's on its way.

Armageddon

Teapot
This is what i'm not understanding, there is an admin system already/or was one.

Code:
  case "kick":
      // kick player
      %playerClient = "";
      %playerName = getNextParameter(%parameters);
      %parameters = trimFirstWord(%parameters);

if(%playerName !$= "")
      {
        %targetID = getPlayerIDByName(%playerName);
        if(%targetID != -1)
        {
            %playerClient = Players.GetPlayerConnection(%targetID);
            %playerName = Players.GetPlayerName(%targetID);
        }
      }

if(isObject(%playerClient))
      {
        %playerClient.player.onDeath("", $DamageType::NonDeath);
        schedule(5000, 0, commandToClient, %playerClient, 'KickPlayer');
        %playerClient.schedule(10000, delete);
        chatMessageAll("", "[\c2KICK PLAYER: " @ %playerName @"\cr] " @ %parameters);
      }
  }
}
It doesn't kick/ban by ip but thats not hard to fix, the basics are there so im going to assume more controls are being made for maps/votes etc and thats causing the delay and problems?

RiPTaCk

We don't need vote kick option,admin system or whatever. We need player hosted servers, so we can fix this game by ourselves.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] the basics are there so im going to assume more controls are being made for maps/votes etc and thats causing the delay and problems?
The basics are there, that's true. They're relatively new though, and as you can see, some basic functionality is still missing. Additionaly, changes to the account system and the like require changes to the admin system (as you will already know and can read about in the according blog post).

RiPTaCk

Just for your information, mortar is broken. Not just because I think so, but most of the euro players do think so. So you won't fix the problem so apparently we(->the ones who actually play this game) have to fix it.

I just played the game where ennemy was arguing that they lost because of their mortar spammers. I can collect screenshots of tks all day long. There are plenty of arguments against the mortar. Isn't that enough to rework the mortar? Apparently not. So yeah keep on with this great "bad feedback = no reaction" or "Live with it" attitude because we hate it.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
sorry but mortar has its usesess... against all odds of a highly defensive team the mortar can break through and splinter the defense. Your information still applies to the fact that the mortar is misused, more often just newbs not knowing how to fire correctly. Even then the mortar will still create tks, 90 percent of defense control k anyhow to get full health.. so whats the big deal? If there is 1-2 heavies on each team the game should be some what balanced. If its more then that then it becomes a problem.

I already introduced a fix but at this point its just hear say.. you can complain and moan all you want but until they release for hosting your just going have to wait and even then the server host has to make that commitment to remove the mortar or render it useless. I'm tired of discussing about the mortar and what appears to skilled players problem to me sounds like their kryptonite...

Abandoned

The GLII did perfectly fine breaking through and splintering their defenses, and it required skill, not some half-assed shot at the flag then a llama grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.