Teamkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propkid

but most of the euro players do think so
1. Most euro players think HERPDERP and shoot mortars at their teammates.
2. Now really, those that have a problem with the constant TKing are mostly blaming the users not the weapon.
3. Since when is the 'majority' right about what's good for Legions anyway?
I'm tired of discussing about the mortar and what appears to skilled players problem to me sounds like their kryptonite...
The real 'kryptonite' to the skilled players is the idiocy of today's typical gamer and the reason why many of us are here playing Legios and not games like CoD is because CoD is full of weapons/tactics that enable this idiocy to shine. Unfortunately mortar is such a weapon, but at the same time it's a 'valuable addition' to the game so instead of changing the weapon we must somehow make the experience of TKing unpleasant.

Besides GLII works so good that no one uses it, just as useful as the new skybolt.
I use GLS constantly in CTF and I use skybolt in duels/TDM, I also know other people who use them. And I'm somewhat effective with them so don't you discard these weapons. Though I admit that BR is useless.

So many people on the forums are saying that they hardly play the game nowadays and that it's because of the mortar.
First of all I think that they are overreacting and that the case is really being overblown on these forums by the few of us that seem to not have developed the virtue of patience/ calmness. Mortar TKs are annoying, yes, but some people (especially rip) are overreacting. If you think that mortar is a good enough excuse to leave the game, go ahead.

Next up: although your whine/ proclaimed absence is noticed on the forums, you aren't missed in game at all, sorry. EU PUBs are better than ever, a while ago I've seen 2 games of CTF going on at once + a few people toying around on the duel server. You cannot be fully community-aware if all you do is post on the forums/attend the PUGs and only do the PUBs occasionally. If we were to say that the skilled-end of this community is the high end then I'd say that the low end is slowly getting bigger/funner (at least for me) than the high end.

You might have noticed that I don't do PUGs. The reason for this is stuck up skilled players who constantly think that they are the last ones of this community (hence the 2nd last line of MJ's post below) and that therefore their opinions are the only ones (hence Rip's quote above); who constantly play the game in the same way; who discard certain tactics as the right ones or the wrong ones (don't wanna dig this here); who never try to use the new guns seriously (hence PWA's quote above). PUBs > PUGs for me, they are just more fun.

Uh, so summarizing the mortar topic; the game isn't as broken as it seems on the forums (unless MightySheep joins the server), vets are overreacting and are not really fun anymore, devs can't see the issue clearly due to the amount of whine on the forums. Kthxbai.

EDIT: Wanna see some more overreacting? Go here

MJ1284

Uh, so summarizing the mortar topic; the game isn't as broken as it seems on the forums (unless MightySheep joins the server), vets are overreacting and are not really fun anymore, devs can't see the issue clearly due to the amount of whine on the forums. Kthxbai.
The game isn't broken only because of Mortar. It's broken because of:

1) Constant team stacking (What's that, RiP & pullute camping on our base killing defenders and Egrabbing constantly? We're so gonna win this round!)
2) Lack of focus on teamplay (heyy let's all stand on flag/let's all chase one llama/let's all ignore our flagcarrier HERPDERP!!)
3) Vets lack of interest on making teams balanced because "PUBs will always be the same"
4) Lack of content (base assets etc. anyone?)
5) Lack of players (some maps simply won't work on 3vs3 or less)
6) Idiotic physics that makes rabbiting & Senti capping waaaaaaay too easy (I'll just downjat downhill for two secs and I'm already travelling at 150+)
7) Auto-regen + high hills which makes rabbiting *dancing* retarded and takes out "Fast-paced" from "Fast-paced gameplay and combat".
8) Universal ammo stations, coupled with auto-regen & stacked O turns CTF into DM... funzies?
9) Community's general lack of intelligence.

And some people keep wondering why nobody wants to play Legions...
Kthxbai.

lil_maniac

@MJ1284
It doesnt help that you ALWAYS teamkill for the flag and get the flag and give it back to the enemy.. you may not like the game but dont ruin it for everyone else who wants to play -.-

Armageddon

Teapot
I use GLS constantly in CTF and I use skybolt in duels/TDM, I also know other people who use them. And I'm somewhat effective with them so don't you discard these weapons. Though I admit that BR is useless.

The Real Plasma Rifle a.k.a BR is sorta useless but i think if base assets and deployables had been released then it might have had a larger role in taking them out quicker and it probably would have been a counter to a shield core had we seen them as well, but we probably will never know it's real purpose. It is however a better interior weapon but legions doesn't have much of that type of combat :( i still love it over all the other additions to the arsenal.

So many people on the forums are saying that they hardly play the game nowadays and that it's because of the mortar.
First of all I think that they are overreacting and that the case is really being overblown on these forums by the few of us that seem to not have developed the virtue of patience/ calmness. Mortar TKs are annoying, yes, but some people (especially rip) are overreacting. If you think that mortar is a good enough excuse to leave the game, go ahead.

Agreed, the mortar is being talked about more then anything else on the forums anymore and everything is bad when it's brought up. I don't see removing it as a good idea much of legions development to this point has been two steps forward and three steps back, I'd rather see it tweaked to not be a one hit killer rather then be thrown away.

Next up: although your whine/ proclaimed absence is noticed on the forums, you aren't missed in game at all, sorry. EU PUBs are better than ever, a while ago I've seen 2 games of CTF going on at once + a few people toying around on the duel server. You cannot be fully community-aware if all you do is post on the forums/attend the PUGs and only do the PUBs occasionally. If we were to say that the skilled-end of this community is the high end then I'd say that the low end is slowly getting bigger/funner (at least for me) than the high end.

US pubs have also had a bit of increase and the skill levels of the newer players is getting better and the pubs here are becoming very enjoyable most of the time now. Before in a night playing for a few hours i might say 1 or 2 games were fun now i'd only say 1 or 2 were bad, so pubs are finally starting to make the turn.

You might have noticed that I don't do PUGs. The reason for this is stuck up skilled players who constantly think that they are the last ones of this community (hence the 2nd last line of MJ's post below) and that therefore their opinions are the only ones (hence Rip's quote above); who constantly play the game in the same way; who discard certain tactics as the right ones or the wrong ones (don't wanna dig this here); who never try to use the new guns seriously (hence PWA's quote above). PUBs > PUGs for me, they are just more fun.

Agreed besides the "Skilled Players" part, in PUGs the captain tells you what to do 90% of the time and it just become repetition after awhile. I've seen these skilled players play in pubs and get destroyed because a pub is chaos no one is normally on TS together and still they pull off impressive flag pass and plays just by paying attention, pug players need their games to be scripted. Before legions i'd never heard of a pug, we had scrims and they carried a little weight being clan vs clan but PUGs in general are just away to seperate the player base more and boost that ego.

MJ's List

For the most part yes, 1 & 3 sometimes but for the most part i agree.

Propkid

Agreed besides the "Skilled Players" part, in PUGs the captain tells you what to do 90% of the time and it just become repetition after awhile.
Still, the captain is also a player and the others somewhat agree to do what he says.

Also,
just a way to (...) boost that ego.
+1 That.

'Because if we organize the game it will be fun'. PUGs should be solely a way for high skilled players to have high-end matches with each other, but currently they are considered as 'the only fun matches in Legions'.

lil_maniac

'Because if we organize the game it will be fun'. PUGs should be solely a way for high skilled players to have high-end matches with each other, but currently they are considered as 'the only fun matches in Legions'.

The only problem with that though is that when we start to organise PUG's, we only end up getting about 11/12 people, and most people dont really want a 6v6. Also they leave after waiting for ages and when that happens, you always get the last 1 person you needed or the last 2 people you need to start but by the time they come, about 6 people have left already.. :(

Immanent

The only problem with that though is that when we start to organise PUG's, we only end up getting about 11/12 people, and most people dont really want a 6v6. Also they leave after waiting for ages and when that happens, you always get the last 1 person you needed or the last 2 people you need to start but by the time they come, about 6 people have left already.. :(
I'm at my most happy pug mood with a 6 on 6, just a personal preference. Greater the numbers are of players, the longer it takes to get sorted and chances are that the pug will be much much more messier. Plus I lag like *chocolate cookies* due to dropping fps when I play SAH in a base crowded with 6 people shooting clusters and what not at random locations.

MJ1284

@MJ1284
It doesnt help that you ALWAYS teamkill for the flag and get the flag and give it back to the enemy.. you may not like the game but dont ruin it for everyone else who wants to play -.-
Do you mean..
HOW MANY TIMES DO I *dancing* HAVE TO SAY IT?!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU RIPTACK!!...
SO THAT YOU CAN PLAY 2v2 ON NIVO WITH PULLUTE AND WHOEVER THE *dance* WILL STILL BE AROUND IN TWO MONTHS FROM NOW??!!

trollface-gear.png

lil_maniac

No I dont mean that MJ, because everyone rages at you in-game when you do it when everyone else just wants to play, i dont mean just taking the side of Riptack or whoever, I mean everyone who you *tinkle* off in-game when you do it. Application-1 has kicked you a few times in the pub servers for doing it and ill be sure to report you to any other higher powered people next time..

Anyway, lets all play some legions! :D

RiPTaCk

The game isn't broken only because of Mortar. It's broken because of:
1) Constant team stacking (What's that, RiP & pullute camping on our base killing defenders and Egrabbing constantly? We're so gonna win this round!)
I'm sorry but aren't you the idiot who is ignoring the teamplay and sniping all day long. Formerly you actually tried to do sth against a bad match setup but now you just keep saying "We have no offence blablabla" and keep sniping or start doing nothing. Now you are just an ingame troll and you expect me to change teams because you can't snipe calmly? Comon be realistic, you shouldn't do that many drugs.
Also suddenly starting to sabotage your own team, is that a mature behaviour? I guess not.
So just keep your mouth shut and go troll in your pants.

Also I can't remember xtreme saying this. So either it was deleted/I can't find it or you just made that up.
Do you mean..

MJ1284

ou do that lil_maniac, I won't be missing Legions: Overdrive much as I did Fallen Empire: Legions. L:O can go to hell and wither away for all I care.
It's not like I'm the only one giving up on Legions, as Disci said "it's just not worth of it anymore". Legions started out fun game but as time went on charm started to wear off as elitism & assholism reared it's ugly head, more I played Legions more it felt like beating on a dead horse, had I not played Tribes 1 years ago I probably would have left Legions many months ago.

As for whole "ruining the fun", you really think I'm the only one doing it? What about all the mortar spammers & llama noobs & rabbits & O Snipers & team stackers, you don't think they've done harm to Legions? For two years I've tried to stop all that, but it's like fighting a windmill (ie. pointless). Remember all the times I spammed "teams" because teams were stacked? Yah, that didn't work out so well because nobody cared and "because PUBs will never change". Well okay, so teambalance doesn't matter in PUBs? That's great, I'm sure people will definitely want to get into a game where people intentionally stack teams!

"Throwing flag to enemies" -> yeah I do that intentionally just to show how little I care for what's going on ingame. If you want to stick with unbalanced teams then why not go all the way then? Atleast it'll shorten the game if enemy team hits 10 caps doesn't it? And if it makes atleast one person think "okay fine I'll switch to losing side" isn't that a good thing too? IMO it's a win-win situation, if someone keeps tossing flag to enemies then WHY NOT *dancing* DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RATHER THAN COMPLAIN!?? Or do you rather play on stacked teams where enemy caps to 9 - 0 and rabbits with flag for rest of 25 min round? Because that sounds fun too.

And doesn't the fact that some long time legionnaires are considering quitting the game altogether alarm you even one bit? Disci & Fireblasto have openly admitted they don't have much faith in Legions anymore (neither do I, if you haven't noticed) and some people are wavering between the two options, that's definitely not a good sign on a online game.

I'm sorry but aren't you the idiot who is ignoring the teamplay and sniping all day long. Formerly you actually tried to do sth against a bad match setup but now you just keep saying "We have no offence blablabla" and keep sniping or start doing nothing. Now you are just an ingame troll and you expect me to change teams because you can't snipe calmly?
Yes I'm the idiot who is ignoring "teamplay" (because no O & no chasing & no Defense = teamplay) and snipe all day (as Base Def). Formely I did indeed try to do something about it, but nowdays I don't see any point in it. But I don't see you doing much about team stacking either... hypocrite much? Or are you just pissed off by the fact I might have hit you couple times with LR?

Propkid

And doesn't the fact that some long time legionnaires are considering quitting the game altogether alarm you even one bit? Disci & Fireblasto have openly admitted they don't have much faith in Legions anymore (neither do I, if you haven't noticed) and some people are wavering between the two options, that's definitely not a good sign on a online game.
vets are overreacting and are not really fun anymore
Yawn. Keep on acting as if I haven't posted.

RiPTaCk

But I don't see you doing much about team stacking either... hypocrite much? Or are you just pissed off by the fact I might have hit you couple times with LR?
I'm sorry but I am switching teams more often than you want to admit. Often I am not switching to your team when its losing is the fact that you actually could do sth against it but you rather keep on sniping or raging or whatever. Why should I do that for you if you can do it aswell?
And yes I know that you have been playing "normally" at IA days for a long time and I did aswell. And yes I also did rage quite a lot and said "teams" as much as you did. But this doesn't justify the way you play this game nowadays. So get your ass back to normal mode.

skypredator

Eventually the sirens would be more of a problem than the mortar spammers. And we'd have everyone screeching to shut them off. xD

People these days don't give a single *chocolate cookies* about pubs these days. People who are expected to have some positive reputation and are overall respected just camp in their bases, mostly with more than half of their team, waiting on a guy who is stupid enough to even attempt to grab the flag. Why people would camp in their bases? Probably self-esteem, or getting the feeling that they are the bombs in this game.

It *dancing* frustrates me that every SINGLE game I am forced to go on offence just because the rest is mindless or don't give *dance*. I can't run any decent routes because the chance is too big the flag will get llama'd before my nose (even though I spam my quick chat the whole time), so that leaves me running only front OD routes, which mostly leads nowhere because the enemy base is probably full with defence who will all try to stop me from even getting near the flag.

As I said noone gives a *dance*, but once someone's teamkilling, everyone wakes up. The campers are put out of their comfort position, so they start raging, and go to IRC to report. To be honest I'm kind of satisfied if someone using the mortar kills one of his own teammates, preferribly an elitist who only chases and doesn't care about anything but his own score. I hope they will finally wake up and change their game into something that makes it fun for everyone.

People don't know what's frustrating in this game. Having to go on offence everyone single game, and dieing all the time due to D stacking, that's frustrating. To those who think get TK'd is frustrating: Don't make me laugh.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
MJ is sadly right, I too put my faith in legions like he once did and now I am regretting it. Even more so than ever now, seeing as I built my computer to play new games, and play them I shall. If anything this game has taught me two lessons:

1. You meet some good and bad people in life, but figuring out who is who is important.
2. Hell, I should have been getting more fresh air than worrying about this dump.

I like your sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.