Rabbit on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon

Teapot
I'd like the see the person with the flag get switched to the opposite team if possible, it gets confusing at times.
I was thinking that but you'd drop the flag(I think) so it wouldn't work.

But something should be done to change the rabbits hud icon either to red or something bright, the white/redish dropped flag is also kind of a bitch to spot on snow maps/white skies. Besides that i think this is an awesome update, thank you Devs!

anak

VIP
doesn't sniping defeat the purpose of rabbit? it's supposed to be about chasing down the rabbit, not putzing around on a distant hill taking potshots.

Fixious

Test Lead
Rabbit icon:

hsUBf.png

57thRomance

Sigh, reminds me of the good ol' days of chasing down Dynamic_Derek and saying the secret words for free skins, helmets, and voice packs...

BugsPray

Legions Developer
The rabbit's IFF should be red and will be fixed ASAP. I think after playing a bit today the server size should be reduced (maybe by 2 just to start).

Kissyface_r0x

Private Tester
Yeah, less people would be nice and maybe slightly increased spawn times? Something to help with the spam..

I think it would be cool if the flag timer was shortened as well, to maybe 5-10ish secs. It's pretty exciting when the flag respawns at base and everyone has to scramble to relocate, but it never really happens unless the flag is thrown OOB

RedInk

The rabbit's IFF should be red and will be fixed ASAP. I think after playing a bit today the server size should be reduced (maybe by 2 just to start).
Less people. please.

slightly increased spawn times?
yes, and the flag timer needs to be shortened like you said, people scattering would give the rancid crowds a break!

Also...
Someone needs to make a FlagHUD for Rabbit now:)

Moaty

doesn't sniping defeat the purpose of rabbit? it's supposed to be about chasing down the rabbit, not putzing around on a distant hill taking potshots.

In a way, sure, but that's only assuming the sniper's being used for sitting and shooting.
I think the best question to ask with regards to the sniper in rabbit is can the sniper be used tactically to improve one's score? - and I think the answer to that is certainly. But attempting to improve your score while 'putzing around on a distant hill taking putshots' won't be very fruitful; it's difficult to carry the flag when it's on the opposite side of the map.
The more advantageous approach is to use chase-sniping, which has been employed fruitfully in rabbit (my best example is Unexistant, whom I've seen play using the sniper and place near the top). Furthermore, using the sniper in this manner is definitely more in the spirit of Legions, and attempts to use the sniper in rabbit the classical way will be meant with frustration and, consequently, abandonment.

While we're on the topic, I'd like to throw-out an old suggestion of mine for the sniper rifle that I think would be particularly appropriate for rabbit.
moaty said:
I think the best solution for the sniper rifle would be to revert to the old one, but with the inclusion of one significant difference: it would be impossible to charge the rifle while touching the ground. This would make o-sniping virtually impossible while forcing snipers to adapt to the move-and-shoot paradigm.
(http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/laser-rifle.14/page-2#post-4701)

Disci

Old man
it's difficult to carry the flag when it's on the opposite side of the map.

If you watched the vid's posted on the first page, you can make two observations: 1) you get a point when you kill a rabbit and 2) every 5 sec you hold the flag grants you a point(s). What do you think which will provide more points so you're able to win the map, kill the rabbit as many times as possible or holding the flag as long as possible?

I'd say remove the sniper and sents from the game due very obivious reasons. THIS IS MY HONEST OPINION, YOU SILLY FLOWER SNIFFERS!

Moaty

If you watched the vid's posted on the first page, you can make two observations: 1) you get a point when you kill a rabbit and 2) every 5 sec you hold the flag grants you a point(s).

Perhaps that's true in the video posted, but that video's also from last year, before Legions: Overdrive even existed. I don't think your first observation is true for the current version.

Disci

Old man
Perhaps that's true in the video posted, but that video's also from last year, before Legions: Overdrive even existed. I don't think your first observation is true for the current version.

Maybe provide a reason why my observation isn't true if you're going to argue my points? If you don't then I suggest, that you don't quote me ever again.

Moaty

Maybe provide a reason why my observation isn't true if you're going to argue my points?
Either you get a point when you kill the rabbit or you don't; this isn't some debatable matter of opinion - it's either one or the other and it's verifiable. Now, all I'm saying is that I can't recall getting any points for killing the rabbit. Of course, I might be mistaken (and I'd try checking for myself if more people were online), but I'm not inclined to take a very possibly outdated version of rabbit as a source.

If you don't then I suggest, that you don't quote me ever again.
Sorry if I sound harsh, but harshness reciprocates harshness. I'll try to be calmer in my next reply; I'm sure you'd agree it's not really worth a flame war.

Application-1

test bester
Either you get a point when you kill the rabbit or you don't; this isn't some debatable matter of opinion - it's either one or the other and it's verifiable. Now, all I'm saying is that I can't recall getting any points for killing the rabbit.
The reason why you should not get points for killing the flag carrier is: When everyone is chasing the flag holder and using chaingun, then every random bullet can be the finishing kill. And in the end it is about holding the flag as long as you can, not kill the flag carrier. That is how it is NOW, and that is how it should be.

GReaper

Grumpy
Killing the rabbit currently doesn't give you any points, it did in older versions - but it's currently disabled.

I could easily force everyone to use the Raider/Gunner loadout with boost grenades without any modifications - but it would disable all other loadouts from being selected. The alternative is to pick and choose what players should be able to use, but might be more time consuming.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.