Rabbit on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixious

Test Lead
Killing the rabbit currently doesn't give you any points, it did in older versions - but it's currently disabled.

I could easily force everyone to use the Raider/Gunner loadout with boost grenades without any modifications - but it would disable all other loadouts from being selected.

Is this not the point?

Go for it, though I'd prefer Outrider/chaser. While I didn't see any sent problems, snipers are an obvious issue.

Application-1

test bester
Outrider - chaser (boost)
Raider - Gunner (boost)

The only loadouts that are really usefull for rabbit. I would go for both of those loadouts in rabbit. But if that needs a bit more time then I would say Raider - Gunner (boost) only as hotfix?

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Haven't tried it yet, just want to give you guys a great pad on the back for bringing this back. Thanks a lot :)

Armageddon

Teapot
I played as sent for a bit just to see what the advantages might be and the only thing i really did was put on a sweet fireworks show.

Another thing i would suggest is making boost combos only effect the player using them, if possible. 10+ people in a somewhat tight group using boosts and there always seems to be a few unlucky players that get hyper shat out of the pack.

Disci

Old man
Sorry if I sound harsh, but harshness reciprocates harshness. I'll try to be calmer in my next reply; I'm sure you'd agree it's not really worth a flame war.

Ok, sorry I was so harsh on you. I've had terrible day due the fact that I was able to sleep only ~3 hours and my clients been cunts. Not a reason to be a *lovely lady* myself, tho. Appologizes.

About the not getting a score when killing the rabbit. I don't understand why you shouldn't get a point. I mean you are the one who stops the rabbit getting any points so why wouldn't you be rewarded for it? I remember there was a discussion about this on old IA forums and general opinion was that you should get rewarded from it. This is how I remember it that is.

About the loadouts, I'd say only Gunners so everyone would be playing with the same loadout with same pros and cons.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Just read the thread. What is this *chocolate cookies* about snipers being removed from rabbit??!?! Yes, it can make people 'camp' with it, but as far as I have read they get no points for it. Chase sniping is a real possibility, and I don't want to see it put down like this.

Also, anyone know if Sleepwalker is in rotation on the map?

Disci

Old man
Don't you think sniping would make it a bit too easy to chase down a rabbit when you have more health to do rjs and get close to him before taking your shot? It was fairly easy withRL and CG in previous build where you still got points from rabbit kills, so why would you intentionaly make it a lot easier now? What's the point?

Application-1

test bester
Just read the thread. What is this *chocolate cookies* about snipers being removed from rabbit??!?! Yes, it can make people 'camp' with it, but as far as I have read they get no points for it. Chase sniping is a real possibility, and I don't want to see it put down like this.
It is griefing and o so *dancing* easy to do. Sniping is not hard, it just isn't, especially on rabbit where you are not getting distracted by anyone.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Its so dancing easy to get close with chain and chain him out. Why are guy guys against something that is already a part of the game?

Disci

Old man
Part of the game? Listen to yourself. There is a big difference between chaining and sniping someone from close distance and you know that. Also your part of the game has been balanced keeping CTF in mind. Now last time I checked rabbit and CTF are totaly different game mods with totaly different goals.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
While I can understand that people might have a problem with LR, GLII and iOD in Rabbit, I'm not sure if class- and/or loadout limits (in form of restricting it to only Gunner and/or Chaser) should me more than an interim solution (I'm mostly thinking about the SB and soon-to-come Plasma here). In other words, I'd prefer this:
[...] The alternative is to pick and choose what players should be able to use, but might be more time consuming. [...]

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Part of the game? Listen to yourself. There is a big difference between chaining and sniping someone from close distance and you know that. Also your part of the game has been balanced keeping CTF in mind. Now last time I checked rabbit and CTF are totaly different game mods with totaly different goals.

They're different gametypes, but I just don't think that something should be forced out of a gametype, especially when this game is trying to focus on 'depth'. The sniper rifle has been changed for chasing, so should it not be used for that in rabbit?

Also, I'm not sure about getting a point for killing the flag carrier due to all the chain bullets that fly around. However, I can see an alternative system working where you get points for killing the flag carrier based on how long the flag carrier has been carrying the flag. I.e if you kill the flag carrier when he's been flying around for a minute, you get x amount of points.

I also think that doing certain things i.e. getting a midair on the flag carrier should give you a point or something.

Application-1

test bester
Forgot about the bolt really, and the grenade launcher can be usefull for when the flag is dropped and every is piling up. But the sniper on rabbit is just made to grief, just respawn and kill flag carrier, maybe get the flag, if so rabbit if not respawn and kill him again. This is of course the purpose of rabbit but the problem with the sniper is that it is too damn easy.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
To add to my earlier post, the chasing aspect of rabbit seems to yield absolutely no form of reward, you kill the flag carrier, great! Until, oh someone else picks up the flag from where you couldn't reach it. This means that although you did all the work chasing the flag carrier, you get absolutely no benefit from it, as someone else is there waiting to steal those points. It just doesn't make sense.

RiPTaCk

First of all, there is no random chain bullet.

In rabbit the sniper is just a lame excuse for:
  1. Your lazyness to ski.
  2. Your incapability to ski.
  3. Your lack of logical reasoning.
  4. Your overall trolling attitude.
  5. Your frustration.

Arch

Legions Developer
I would say have everyone be able to use Gunner/Huntsman with a choice of Boost or Frag, and Chaser/Raptor, again, with a choice of Boost or Frag. Being two classes for Outrider and Raider and that being all there is. Would make it more even due to some of those snipers being too good and hitting 90% of their shots fired.

anak

VIP
A sniper breaks rabbit the most when there's only one of them, for a simple reason: when anyone else has the flag, they have to strafe and dodge and worry about being sniped. but when the sniper has the flag, he doesn't have a care in the world, and can play rabbit like its supposed to be played. Once the sniper leaves or changes to gunner, etc, the game is ten times more fun and 1000 times more rabbit. this is coming from personal experience, for the record.
Killing the rabbit currently doesn't give you any points, it did in older versions - but it's currently disabled.

I could easily force everyone to use the Raider/Gunner loadout with boost grenades without any modifications - but it would disable all other loadouts from being selected. The alternative is to pick and choose what players should be able to use, but might be more time consuming.

Thoughts?

I feel like if you went with the second option, the only loadouts that might be banned in games are sniper and MAYBE sentinel. I use outrider in rabbit, and i'd prefer not to get stuck with gunner.

Disci

Old man
They're different gametypes, but I just don't think that something should be forced out of a gametype, especially when this game is trying to focus on 'depth'. The sniper rifle has been changed for chasing, so should it not be used for that in rabbit?

I leave this conversation now. No offense, but it's pretty clear to me that your opinion is biased and therefore we should not continue this debate anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.