Rabbit on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzykittenhead

I think that the mobbing situation would be solved if 1. the flag's return timer gets set to 10 seconds or so and 2. the flag dones not move when it hits the ground, which I doubt will be the case.
The problem with a new mode like this is that there are multiple ways to solve the problems. However, the developers must choose those that create order and prevent most players from working their way around the implementations, which is of course the natural thing to do.

I dunno, throwing the flag could cause possible griefing, i.e. 2-3 players working as a team to hold the flag between them by throwing the flag. That sort of thing should be left for team rabbit. The rest of the post I completely agree with though.

Allowing the rabbit to throw the flag in a kamikaze effort to create massive chaos would be a great way to spice up this horrendously boring game mode :3

Jack

I think that the mobbing situation would be solved if 1. the flag's return timer gets set to 10 seconds or so and 2. the flag dones not move when it hits the ground, which I doubt will be the case.
The problem with a new mode like this is that there are multiple ways to solve the problems. However, the developers must choose those that create order and prevent most players from working their way around the implementations, which is of course the natural thing to do.

Allowing the rabbit to throw the flag in a kamikaze effort to create massive chaos would be a great way to spice up this horrendously boring game mode :3

It's only boring if one is not good at it. And people who wander around sniping are not going to get better at it.

Your solutions would cause more problems and solve none.
1. Flag return timer set to 10. Okay, queue lots of respawning around a stationary flag and a pileup waiting on the return (as it is now, I've seen 10 people dueling around a stand that has no flag on it).

2. Stationary flag. Right, so you want 1 person to grab with 13 others shooting at him, killing him instantly. How well does that work on a flagstand in CTF?

3. Throwing flag. As often as I've wanted to add this, it would break the game even further. Especially, people who know how to toss, grenade jump, and catch (who are already on average better than most) will have an even bigger advantage.

3. Throwing flag. As often as I've wanted to add this, it would break the game even further. Especially, people who know how to toss, grenade jump, and catch (who are already on average better than most) will have an even bigger advantage.

Ive heard this notion before when special classes were in legions, ppl complained that a class had to much power (because someone was really good at it) so they nerf it, then said good player plays another class, rinse and repeat. The result is no more class abilities which has really hurt legions as there was nothing to replace it.

skill is a 'fair advantage' one they probably spent many more hours than most aquiring, rewarding them with not being able to drop the flag and regen takes away the incentive.

it also is another part of the fun for the rabbit to see how close he can let ppl get, sometimes he leaves it to long and looses more health than he gained.

If 15 hunters cant organize themselves enough to trap 1 rabbit (or at the very least stop him regenerating) then maybe said hunters just suck and should stop complaining and go get better.

Abandoned

Usually the rabbit gets caught very quickly as the hunters have more health and they can just nade+rocket jump (maybe twice) to catch up to the rabbit.

fuzzykittenhead

It's only boring if one is not good at it. And people who wander around sniping are not going to get better at it.

The "horrendously boring" quip was sarcasm. Sorry if that didn't tanslate.

You could just not allow players to respawn by choice or by death until the flag is taken by someone. That would make it more important to stay alive and rabbit than it would be to duel.

Maybe the flag should be flung farther when hit by an explosion? It would certainly cause players to move, and those who are skilled at skiing and boosting would be able to catch up to it quicker than others. It would be a way of rewarding those with skill.

I've also heard a lot of support for team-based rabbit (one flag) but I think it's a kind of idealistic right now.

Disci

Old man
I've also heard a lot of support for team-based rabbit (one flag) but I think it's a kind of idealistic right now.
Why? There's been team rabbit game mods in different games already and many of us enjoyed playing them in the past. One big fan of team rabbit is also head developer of Legions if you didn't know that.

GReaper

Grumpy
Public testing for this rabbit season has ended, as we're busy getting some testing in for other updates which are taking priority.

Rabbit will return once we've had the opportunity to fix some of the bugs and tweak the gameplay a bit, and test the other things coming up!

Application-1

test bester
I heard that the next thing is kinda, green.
gary_spivey_psychic_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.