Big Fat Weapon Update on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Created

Briefly played with the new weapons a bit. A few thoughts:

GL bouncyness: don't like :|

Plasma rifle: In my opinion the bullets are too large, they cloud up too much of my vision which makes it harder to aim properly. I also think the bullets move too slow. One thing that bugged me a bit: with the ctrl+f fps in-game, I have around 220 when standing still, 150-200 when moving. When getting shot by the Plasma it drops to 30.

Blaster: The blog pointed out the splash damage, where is it? As far as I've seen you're still better off with a RL. Increasing the splash radius could be a good thing here I think.

Skybolt: I know, it's not finished or whatsoever, but please, undo the sounds. They're hell atm! :p

Draconator

one last thing that i forgot to mention is that the blaster(it's *dancing* plasma gun, not a blaster) supposed to be stronger than RL, but it's not.

Application-1

test bester
Told you.
gary_spivey_psychic_medium.jpg

Anyways, Great update. I love the mortar alot of course. Brings back alot of T:V memories.
I agree with the point blank MA possibility, it should get removed. But be carefull with that, a 30 meter MA with it is still nice.
T:V had great sound effects for the mortar, would love to see a similiar sound effect being brought in for it. If you heard the mortar soun deffect getting close you always knew you were doomed. ;]

This video kinda let you hear the sounds, it is kinda like a whistle.

Astrum

Super Special R&D
Yar, agreeing with the removal of Mortar pointblank MA shots. Another thing that I noticed was that I could stand on top of the flag, then shoot the mortar down at myself. Since it explodes when the projectile hits my player model, it makes timing mortar shots against incoming cappers a bit too easy.

Don't want to see Mortar MA's entirely taken out, though, midrange-longrange mortar MAs are hella fun.

Mortars don't have arm time? That's a bit silly!

I'd also like to say that even though I haven't played with this yet, mortar seems a bit pointless in what is essentially LT. I'd personally hold off on that until base assets are around and better defensive measures are in place. It's sort of the equivalent of attacking a medieval castle defended by archers with a thermonuclear warhead.

Oh hell yes. Awesome job.

I've only really went in the server to shoot around with all the guns, so I won't comment on balance and all that. What I do want to say is that they felt really good and really fun. Was really pleasantly surprised with the revamped GL, it felt very nice. I also love the new effects. With... the distinct exception of the mortar explosion, which seemed to be more like a fancy puff of smoke. It was just a bit disappointing. It could use a big blast effect of sorts to make it very, very clear that this is a mean *mother lover*.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Skybolt seems a little weaker now, which is great, although I still don't think many people are going to be using it. As for the plasma, fix that bug asap! I can see it being used for little boosts on cap routes as well, so that will be interesting to play around with. I agree with Fixious about the blaster/burner using up energy rather than ammo (more variety within the game etc), but I must be failing to see the purpose of it. Mortar seems great though and the grenade changes could be interesting, after awhile when everyone gets used to them.

Hand Grenades now look pretty crappy now, and although I can understand the reasoning behind (two different colours, two different grenades) they still look cheap and legions now looks like a multicoloured rainbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.