Big Fat Weapon Update on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Society

Mortar -I like the green poisonous cloud look of the mortar, because it stands out. This weapon made Sents more enjoyable to play with imo.

Blaster - i believe this weapon should have an after affect since its lava/fire . Like your heath drain by 2 or 1% for about 3 or 5 seconds. Just so it can be more useful because i like it.

Plasma - useful weapon just make the tracers a little bit smaller

Bolts - i love the bolts their super fast good for chasing . Love the new color and ret.

Overall i love the update .

ExtremeKiwi

I feel that these weapons... some are way too powerful.
however my solution is not to dim it down... I think its great now because there is class variation- that reminds me (this is prob. not the place but whatever) it would be nice to see specific skins for each class... instead of them being randomized... that would make things a bit more organized but whatever. Anywho it would be nice to see some sort of melee option of some sort... not like throwing punches but like some sort of sword or weapon of that nature that people can interact with each other with (blocks, locks ect...) and can be used to block bullets (use up energy sorce [blue bar]?)
its just soo hard to predict adversaries moves with all these weapons lol

Fixious

Test Lead
The mortar should be enhanced in every aspect. Larger explosion, more damage, larger radius, more firing power. IT NEEDS TO BE SCARY.

If all that was added, a slower firing rate might be needed.

By-Tor

Private Tester
I am enjoying most of these updates alot! Good work. Can't wait for actual weapon models! The mortar I do think needs to be bigger (more splash) and have a longer range. However, with that it seems HO is going to be crazy effective and the need for turrets seems evident. And with the mortar at close range, it should bounce off walls, enemies, etc. This would eliminate the close up Mortar-MA-insta-kills as well. Oh, and can we get a new sound for the mortar 'launch'?

Thanks, and nice work

Fixious

Test Lead
I am enjoying most of these updates alot! Good work. Can't wait for actual weapon models! The mortar I do think needs to be bigger (more splash) and have a longer range. However, with that it seems HO is going to be crazy effective and the need for turrets seems evident. And with the mortar at close range, it should bounce off walls, enemies, etc. This would eliminate the close up Mortar-MA-insta-kills as well. Oh, and can we get a new sound for the mortar 'launch'?

Thanks, and nice work

Attachments

• mortar_fire.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
-not sure I see the point of the blaster yet, but I'll keep playing with it.

The blaster is concentrated primarily on splash damage, but the tough part is the lead, considering how slow it fires. 3xs a second.

I appreciate the additions you guys made to this game, but there is something I would like to ask the developers. Can we not change the traits of the vanilla weapons too much? I've tried out the new grenade launcher(the one without the cluster), and it didn't feel right. The explode distance has been tremendously increased, and now you have to use all your jets to actually get your grenade to explode rather than bounce. I've tried out it's bounce effect for a bit, and it seems interesting. There could be some creative ways to fight with it, but I don't want to be forced into using only that.

As a Grenadier, and because this is pretty much my most preferable weapon of all, all I ask is, that you guys restore the Grenade Launcher to its original bounce distance, while keeping the current bounce effect. There may be only a few like me who use the Grenade Launcher, as a primary weapon, but we do love the weapon for what it is. Hope you guys understand. Thanks.

To make things worse for us, the damage has been nerfed. x_x

glad to see anything new to Legions, especially a GL2 version return to the raider class, great for chasing and needed now RJ isnt and useable anymore!

Mortar- doesnt do as much damage as gl2 did, and cant be detonate = useless sent class again, I dont see what mortar brings that gl2 didnt/couldnt.
Plasma- the blue bullets should be much smaller as its just to visually spammy.
nades- have had damage reduced it seems and now rockets do more, that makes no sense being so much harder to use, Im assuming this was done so the new gl2 spec makes sense by doing more damage than it.

It is prob just me but currently the weapons just seem like subtle variations of all ready existing ones as far as their role in the game! I guess this makes balancing the classes easier for you guys but even after all this time I still think the specialty classes brought more unique and individual roles to the game play not to mention fun but I know Mabel's view on the balancing issues with them so I will shut up now.

I really don't want those things bouncing; I want them to explode right where they hit. Alternatively, make them burst if they've bounced and an enemy is within 5 meters

I 2nd this, having no control over detonation of a grenade has always seemed retarded to me, even the pull the ping and wait 3 seconds then throw before it explodes on you is more control than what we have now, id like to see it perform as it does (eg bounces) when u hold the mouse button down but always explode on impact if you dont hold the button, that way everyone get what they want with the weapon and no more bouncy bounce on your own head.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Actually i think he meant combos. Haven't you heard of Ike's shffl n-air ->d-tilit -> side-b -> d-smash ->CG killer?
Har de har. In which case, I'm confused. CG doesn't have any combos to begin with...
Shooting a grenade with bullets probably won't make it explode, if that's what he means.

Mahidhar

Ok, so I've spent some more time with the Grenade Launcher variants, and I wasn't very impressed. The new normal Grenade Launcher not only does lesser damage compared to the original one, but as I've said in my previous post, the grenades require too much height, for them to explode. The bounce effect isn't doing any good either. Instead, because of it, grenade shots on towers and bridges and any high places, are impossible now, as the grenades simply bounce off of them. In fact, I felt better using the Mortar, compared to that.

As for the cluster variant, it might draw out some skill, among all the Grenadiers. The clusters, when spread, don't do any significant damage, but when they are released just at the ground, it's a lot different. I didn't play with it much, but I did notice the unneeded reduction of ammo on the weapon, probably done as you feared that it might become overpowered.

The only thing I really liked, and would like you guys to keep, is the grenade arc, on the normal one, although it could use some distance on it, as the grenades sometimes fall really short. Except that, I'm actually able to hit players, hiding behind hills, and that is one of the primary purposes of the weapon, I believe.

ExtremeKiwi

this is a little off topic but I feel that the sniper should go back to its formitive version... with the triangular cross hair and it gets more and more powerful

also it would be nice to have some weapons with specific and special atributes... like I dont know freezing people or an anti gravity gun or something like that... the sniper would be kinda cool if the beam was hard to get out of once you were in it... would make life a lot harder though

judging by the effects used by the mortar (the green flashy gun is really what I mean if I got the name wrong... mortar might be the red grenade thing but I mean the sentinal green flashy thing) would be very cool (i think) if it shot out one of those rings that go off in atomic explosions with multiple rings that orbit like the electrons on an atom or a magnetic spherical force field type look with the little green beams that shoot out from the explosion to go back and forth like those static plasma ball things and have it so anyone in the radius of that thing goes upward and is pulled into it... I think it would be cool perhaps if they float there for a second and are pulled in very quickly and there is a large green flash (like the grenade) and they are gone! hehehe I kinda like it :)

the-champ

No Plasma Gun on SG servers??

Ok, so I've spent some more time with the Grenade Launcher variants, and I wasn't very impressed. The new normal Grenade Launcher not only does lesser damage compared to the original one, but as I've said in my previous post, the grenades require too much height, for them to explode. The bounce effect isn't doing any good either. Instead, because of it, grenade shots on towers and bridges and any high places, are impossible now, as the grenades simply bounce off of them. In fact, I felt better using the Mortar, compared to that.

As for the cluster variant, it might draw out some skill, among all the Grenadiers. The clusters, when spread, don't do any significant damage, but when they are released just at the ground, it's a lot different. I didn't play with it much, but I did notice the unneeded reduction of ammo on the weapon, probably done as you feared that it might become overpowered.

The only thing I really liked, and would like you guys to keep, is the grenade arc, on the normal one, although it could use some distance on it, as the grenades sometimes fall really short. Except that, I'm actually able to hit players, hiding behind hills, and that is one of the primary purposes of the weapon, I believe.
All other weapon updates rock.
The normal Grenade launcher,I m not happy with that, lessened damage is okay but they just bounce too much,no real fun to play with:(
I hope GL update won't go live:mad:

Created

After playing around some more with the GL and GLII..

GL:Chasing with the GL is hardly possible now due to the steep arch. Maybe the range (I take it launch speed) is increased, but they fall down to the ground too quickly. At higher speeds those nades just can't close the gap between you and the chaser anymore.
Close-range duelling is also a pain now. The extra bouncyness makes it too hard to hit an opponent effectively at close-range. I get the idea behind "I can hit over a hill now!", but what's the point if you can't hit any other target properly anymore?

GLII: Deadguy, did you say mid-airing with the clusters? For one thing, doing that is very hard due to the aiming + the timer before you can actually let the clusters come out. For another, the clusters have been nerfed majorly. I have tried mid-airing with clusters before, but those were only effective when I released them nearly dead-on in their face. Else the clusters spread too much, and my target got none (if the clusters missed) to 10% damage max.
As for ground-pounding: not detonating the nades make them weaker as stated in the blog, so, why the nerf in damage there? The GL is harder to play well with than the RL, so it deserves more damage?

Basically: In my opinion no good was done by changing the GL into the state it is now. The extra bouncyness + steeper arch actually killed a bunch of game-play options with that weapon for me (and no, it didn't add other options). The GLII, I'm no expert at this at all, but I mostly see this one as a ground-pound weapon. Doing that with a cluster effectively can be tricky against quickly-moving opponents, nerfing the clusters and damage might make that even harder. Between the original GL and the new GLII, I'd pick the GL. Between the new GL and the GLII, I'd pick the GLII because its physics are still like the old GL. I hope I won't have to do that last bit though in the future.

Royalty

The Aussie
I would seriously like to see weapon models introduced for all the weapons before they are pushed to live. It's really confusing in 1st person...

Status
Not open for further replies.