Who made you play the way you play today??

Siantlark

Well back in IA it was Skypredator and H20 dragon. Now it has to be N30n, Epiclight, and everyone else on the Inf. team
Remember Sky pissing me off because he told me O sniping was wrong and then me getting repeatedly raped in a duel. (Or was it his friend?) Hm. Should add them because they pushed me away from O sniping people.

ThunderBolt

I have never been a good capper but a good aimer and mover. If anyone remember my name in good old days you probably know I was a Bsniper. Icrine helped me a lot on Bsniping. For now I'm only a cheap rocketer with poor capping skills, Thanks to those who love Osniping in Alpha version. I'm no longer able to Bsnipe in beta version(Overdrive). So, if you ask me who made me play the way I play "today", they are Osnipers.

MightySheep

learned capping from some zhou vids

other thanthat just from playing

kind of stopped playing now because only way to get better is to get better ping

Angel.

Private Tester
i may be the only one that thinks im getting better but most people just say im a noob with combos
i dont use gunner anymore im starting to use hornet which is really fun.

Buhlitz

Incorrect. Take a look at Skepsis (Darksent).

During peak Legions comp , whatever that was, I remember getting to play in pickups everyday on the east coast, then one day I got to scrim jenkins on a west coast host. I can't even begin to describe how much more accurate I was in being able to chain, snipe and mid air after playing with *chocolate cookies* ping for so long. I was a different player. You can certainly adapt to a high ping, but nothing beats zero ping chain. NOTHING.

I'll admit, I was hoping I'd get more credit I won't lie, But I did get Unknown and that is all that matters to me :). I sure do miss the days of skiing around in a pub with a trail of like 6 people behind me lol.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
lol I can already play good but could never be one of the best simply because my ping is like 80 and not 25 so aiming normally doesn't work

80? Jesus, that's perfectly playable! I had to suffer close to 400 when playing private games in IA days, and I still managed to cap about 5 times in team revolution practices.

Trundle

I sure do miss the days of people not stacking defense OR offense in a pub.

Man, you seem so vehemently against PUBS. As that's all I play I really feel bad about your experiences. I guess my standards are too low. :( It could be my ignorance of good play but you seem to get some bad players. I offer condolences.

Buhlitz

Mj is on another level Trundle, hence why it's less fun too him. Most people wouldn't even notice or care .

And Darksent, 80 ping seriously bro. get out of here with that garbage. I would have killed for an 80 ping some days.

IMO it goes like this :

0-40 : God Like, Chain, Snipe, MA's , Body Blocks, Capping is all significantly more responsive
40-80 : Playable at a Competitive Level (good enough to not be used as an excuse)
80-130 : The limit at which ping effects gameplay anything over 130 is a handicap
130 + : You can pretty much only cap, Unless you've adapted from day 1 to that ping even then things like OD start acting weird.