Who made you play the way you play today??

BestCharmie

Probably, SoraBearBear...taught me sniping, etc. Icrine...when is Icrine coming back, or is Icrine back? :(

And random people I train with, oh and also vVA.

Royalty

The Aussie
57thSylph has definately been the major influence in my style of playing. Deathball taught me a few routes....
Shame no one can help me with ma's- everyone says "It's impossible to ma with 200+ ping"
Its seriously gay that I can't get under 200 ping in any server these days....

Oh I can recall the week the Jap server was around... the good old days
And don't tell me the Japan server will stay if I donate!!! I am only 14!!!

Wow, felt good to let that out...
I want mOaR TrAsh tAlK!!!

Buhlitz

Hmm, Buhlitz.

Also - the rivalry between .cm and zeta really motivated me to get better.

Thanks buddy. Warms my heart, really does. Glad to see your name listed a few times as well.

Basically, what shaped me as a player was constantly playing the best players as often as I could, and playing pickups as often as I could to test out what I had spent all day practicing alone in a server. of I'd sit in a server either alone, or with shanks or ice darklord and 1.0 crew and just try my damdest to go as fast as possible, as practically as possible. 1.0 testers had an edge on skiing/speed simply because we had to struggle so ridiculously hard for every individual unit of speed early on, and this instilled a sense hardcore trial and error practice that paved the way for many of us.

The individual players who'd I say shaped me the most would be :

Darklord : For his constant condescending attitude towards me, as if I'd never be good enough. So in a way, this provided an eternal fire beneath my ass, because no matter how good I became, I was still beneath him. Playing with him everyday didn't help. We have history, ask about Legacy.

Shanks & Ice : I can't even imagine the actual amount of hours the three of us spent going over every possible aspect of every cap route, every strategy, every hill, every map, it was *dancing* ridiculous. Shanks, known as one of the best LD in the game and imo the best utility LD (bb/s and flag play) was whom I'd practice my routes on him day in day out, and I had an opportunity to learn how to avoid body blocks against the person who did them best, before anyone else could even do them. without him I wouldn't have had the same opportunity.

On the other hand, I'd like to thank and give respect to every player who's ever played a pickup with me, and any player who's ever practiced as hard as I did to get in game and tear *chocolate cookies* up. Because players like that pushed me to try to come up with *chocolate cookies* nobody had seen or knew about, to practice as hard as I could to get an edge. As you know, at my peak, I probably played pickups like a part time job, and without those I would never have been as good.

Honorable Mentions go out to :

Early 1.0 testers and fervant 4 v 4 's on Nivosus.

ZhouYo for always helping me push the boundaries on capping styles. Everyday it was a new thing learned.

As a capper, I taught myself absolutely everything, but owe that drive to do so to people like APC, Twisted Demon, Phanakapan, StealthRG, Ice and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting.

Calimo

Envy really helped me adjust from the floaty Tribes feel to the quicker legions feel (this was before they tweaked the physics around on IA.)

But a lot of whatever I have came from continuous play with people like Dacil, Delph, scanman, Kcohol, Bigkill, ArcticWolf, Warker... the Awesomo Squad!.. <_<'

Homingun

The Antis got me into pick-ups way back when. It was Buhlitz and Mabeline(he was a capper back then) who initially showed me how to cap. I remember the training sessions where me, unknown, and snipedyoass would follow Buhlitz around on frostbyte. Brings back memories.

Dimitryy

Tomstoiler pullute Nvidia and me got all teached by eldermimmmi :)

but the first good players i fighted (or saw them how to cap) where PierceHardwood, Ajaxis, Oahra, Tukki-123 and TigerDukes (or somemthing like this, i dont rember hsi name very well cause its like 2.5 years ago .... )

Unknown

Private Tester
and just try my damdest to go as fast as possible, as practically as possible.

I feel like thats just something that really needed to be quoted because that is pretty much exactly how I play.

I remember the training sessions where me, unknown, and snipedyoass would follow Buhlitz around on frostbyte. Brings back memories.

Haha yeeeeeees.

Battelstar

MariQo and MariQo.

Although we started to play this game nearly at the same time he was the one who showed me all about this game, and I mean really all. He made me good enough that I could join In7 one day. From In7 I learnd other important things like how you have to lead a clan, some tactics and about teamplay.

Although I had to leave In7 because of the less competition especially in europe a part of me will always be In7, because I had a really good time there and I hope that they will still like me when we'll win the next scrim against them 20-5 (maybe 20-6).

loc

#1 Private Tester
When i first started in May of 08' I strictly played DM and did so for about a year and a half before ever stepping foot inside a ctf server.Russpopsicle trained me in dueling along with frequent duel pals like Piercehardwood,Bekweathers(what happened to this guy) and Nahrix,among a few others I'm forgetting.When I finally made it into trying Ctf I mainly watched vids and tried to duplicate the routes and what not and learned as I went.Dancing Kirby was the first one to actually help me out a bit with learning routes and to become more of an effective capper.Shout outs also to Prototype,Hadesrevenge,Bytor, and Homingun. oh,and to SeymourGore for making me believe,bald is beautiful.

Kryst

Private Tester
I remember when Envy and I 1st found Legions and got faced raped by a pack of Omni's over and over again. Then we got decimated by SoulHarvester in 1v1 duels, (oh the torture of hotswap ground and pound spam, and not knowing how to do it). After those battles over the course of the next few days gave us both the dedication to become better players in Legions. We already had a love for Tribes, we just had to find it for Legions.

moronval

Private Tester
I'd have to say phanny pansy was my inspiration way back when phroo first started organizing pugs.

HellzHere

Umm I just taught myself I guess...like most of the time i cap. The only person that I can remember teaching me routes/flag passes was dimtriry. But most of the time I just improvised the routes...

But you know, we all had them moments where we were like ":eek: how he do that" and then we went to try it ourselves :)