Spawn Updates on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Application-1

test bester
We played a pug today witht he new changes and it was a great game, even though we had some crashes here and there.
Even at the bad state it is now it still works.

Also bolt, frag and boost nade should be pushed to live. Some use frag some use boost and I even saw a few bolt users on the pugs. A sign that everyone prefer different things, and it is all well balanced!

HellzHere

IT'S A PUBLIC TEST SERVER! ALL THE REST OF THE SERVERS ARE NORMAL LEGIONS SERVERS WITHOUT THESE CHANGES! DO YOU GET THE HINT OR DO I NEED TO SAY IT OUT LOUD?!

well only the euro public test server is populated, the rest of the euro servers are dead tbh. Always has been since the constant flow of updates recently. I would go to the other servers if there are people in them for a start...

Disci

Old man
well only the euro public test server is populated, the rest of the euro servers are dead tbh. Always has been since the constant flow of updates recently. I would go to the other servers if there are people in them for a start...

Maybe it tells you what people think about the update?

HellzHere

not really, probs some random guy who wanted to try out update, then people started joining, and even pros who already tried the update saw it was the only server so joined. So they probs just joined just to play...
I have played a lot of server based shooters, and people join the most popular always.

GReaper

Grumpy
Public testing has ended for these changes, we'll be reverting the settings so we can concentrate on the next set of updates.

We may look at this again in the future, but now isn't the right time.

Dacil

Public testing has ended for these changes, we'll be reverting the settings so we can concentrate on the next set of updates.

We may look at this again in the future, but now isn't the right time.
sorry can you explain why it's not the right time? are you planning on combining the changes that were just tested with more changes so they work together?

HellzHere

no guys, they still probs want the update, but the features they were planning that were gonna really use this change such as they said in the blog about ammo boxes, might take very long. Considering the euro public test is only euro server alive, i would not like this feature for no reason currently. Yea currently its useless, cos theres nothing to make this change worthwhile.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
sorry can you explain why it's not the right time? are you planning on combining the changes that were just tested with more changes so they work together?
We can't properly test inventories until there are other changes as well. Also, since a large chunk of users are crashing, it should go away until that is fixed as well. We have other things that are more immediate that we are focusing on now. Inventory stations though will remain out of the picture for now until we get some more development in other areas that support that kind of gameplay and we can do proper tests to see if it's feasible to have inventory stations in the first place.

Dacil

We can't properly test inventories until there are other changes as well. Also, since a large chunk of users are crashing, it should go away until that is fixed as well. We have other things that are more immediate that we are focusing on now. Inventory stations though will remain out of the picture for now until we get some more development in other areas that support that kind of gameplay and we can do proper tests to see if it's feasible to have inventory stations in the first place.
ok i see! thank you! i sure hope you implement it later!

Daharka

Is there any way that the new system/old system could co-exist as separate game modes?

It seems reasonable, especially when player run servers come in, that there could be an option to just play without assets and spawn rules etc.

Of course, by the time that happens, people will have forgotten to be angry at the changes. It's just like facebook.

Armageddon

Teapot
I'm going to try not being a dick but, You saw the ammoventory do you really think player run servers are even close to being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.