Spawn Updates on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Challenger

It is DAMN STUPID. This really suck... I'm HoF, usually I body block so I need Sentinel. What the hell should I do with Outrider...??? It takes to long for me to go to ammo stations and the flag is not defended... Please switch back to normal because it really SUCKS. I HATE IT!!! And the one who did this should hang himself...

Dimitryy

Challenger said:
It is DAMN STUPID. This really suck... I'm HoF, usually I body block so I need Sentinel. What the hell should I do with Outrider...??? It takes to long for me to go to ammo stations and the flag is not defended... Please switch back to normal because it really SUCKS. I HATE IT!!! And the one who did this should hang himself...

you can bodyblock with outrider too.
and maybe you could just get another HoF for the long time you run all the miles to the next ammo box and back?
the update is good to get some organisation into the defence. also, the offence isnt that underpowered anymore :)

at the moment the update is really annoying and seems to be useless. but its an important step for a multi-purpose and diversified game :)

besides, wouldnt it be good to give every sentinel a own moveable, destructible ammobox instead of frag or boost nades?

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Doesn't that just take the job from the defensive players?

Next thing you know there will be ground and air vehicles and destructible bases. This is not a Tribes game, please stop trying to make it Tribes game.
People have been wanting things that pulled attention from the flag so not only does offense get a little more to do besides duel the defenders, but the flag stand will become less of a cluster *dance*. I am not trying to clone Tribes, but I am trying to make a game a little more developed and interesting. If it's any consolation I have never ever considered putting in vehicles. :p

Do you understand, that you're talking to developer there? They can make RL shoot *dancing* flowers if they want or just stop developing the game if they suddenly like it that way better.
I am not about to force game changes that the majority dislike or that are not ready to be released. He is welcome to tell me about his opinion too; I want feedback. My only request is people consider possibilities that would add depth to the game. If he doesn't like it he can tell me here without an issue, but I want a discussion not a 3 word response. You don't have to tiptoe around the issues with me, just explain yourself a bit when you disagree with how we are doing things.

For what my opinion is worth, I like it. The fact you need to go to the ammo box to change your loadout every time is one of the elements of tribes i liked best. It makes the defenders, for instance a HoF, need to do something more than respawn and waddle back to the flag. They have to find an ammo box and waddle back from said ammo box. On the newer maps, that isn't so easy considering how far some of the ammo boxes are.

+1 from the peanut gallery.

wow, what a silly idea, what were u guys thinking?

The immediate nature of legions is its main saving grace, having to go and select a load out in tribes *chocolate cookies* me no end after about the 100 th time I had to do it just to select the exact same load out.

Surely there are more creative ways to to make legions more interesting!

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
i did make a long post against this, but then i suffered a DNS failure as i posted it and lost it.

instead of rewriting it i have decided to instead put this image of Morgan Freeman
funny-celebrity-pictures-morgan-freeman-disapproves.jpg

in all seriousness though, battelstar got what i wanted to suggest spot on (his quote is below), and i totally agree with him, it is much better because it allows the benefits of having inventory stations, while having a minimal impact on the speed of the game, something of which should be a FOCUS of legions in my opinion.

it will also lessen the confusion for newer players who will be confused as to why they are not spawning in the class they selected.

In my opinion it would be better if you could choose during the 20 secs before a game starts if you want to play as outrider, raider or heavy and then decide what weapons you want to use, so that you can build it like you want instead of taking one from the list (if i remember right then there was something about that in a legionsoverlive show)

If you want to change something ingame then you would have to go to the ammo box. When you're close enough to it then a window pops up which shows you on the left side what you're using atm and on the right side the other weapons/classes. Then you should be able to pick something from the right side and replace the class/weapon on the left site with it. Depending on the class you use it enables or disables weapons like sniper for outrider only or more/less weaponspots for raider/sent.

(dimitryy also said something similar to this as well)

Calimo

...........THHANKKK YOOOUU!!!

Don't get me wrong, Legions is a pretty good game as is... But, it does need a lot more depth. After a couple of hours (days) of obsessive playing, the flag stand tends to only give me the emotional responses of sadness and misery. (sad face)
I have always been a big fan of Tribes ..err.. I mean.. another game.. But what made that other game so good was the depth and speed that it tended to blend together so well.
Legions IS a faster game, give it more depth and all I can see are greater possibilities.

And I do get it... A good amount of the community does not want Legions to be a Tribes remake... However, games tend to take other good idea off of other rival/similar games... If another game's content is good and effective, why not incorporate them into your game? To make your game a fuller more hearty game that can appeal to a larger crowd?
I don't for one second believe that the Legions developers sole idea is to create a Tribes remake... But keep in mind that Tribes is a very, VERY good 'jump pad' to start from.

I endorse these changes!

Disci

Old man
Just want to say that having more objectives than just capping the flag and prevent enemy cap yours is always better and sacrificing speed is not a bad thing when moving the game at this direction. Also I'm quite sure devs has a plan, a vision, what this game will look likr when they think it's finished. This is all part of it. No matter what, inventories, cores, different weapons, new positions and much more(taken from Tribes or not, it doesn't matter) will eventually happen. Your input, how ever, doesn't mean *chocolate cookies* if it only contains, "it sucks" or "it's too much Tribes, don't do it".

Instead of thinking this is a final version of what they have planned, and they will push it to live, people should start reading comments from devs and the blog(s).

When you give an opinion about it, just think of the idea, not of what it is right now.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Hohohoho, lots of emotion in this thread! Still, remember to be respectful to one another, whether you're 14, 30, or even older than 40 (so old!).

My personal thoughts on the new system? I'm not sure yet, I haven't had much time to play the past while due to work ramping up, so I'll reserve final judgement when I've had more opportunity to play it.

One idea that I did like, and Contingency hinted at, was a similar loadout system to what we have now but with reduced munitions, OD-capability, etc.

Basically it would play out like this: You'd spawn in your chosen armour with your chosen weapons, but you'd have a lower ammunition count, no 'equipped' items (think handnades at this point) and a gimped version of the standard OD. Basically, the 'stream' overdrive would have a limited duration and a less powerful knockback effect. The 'burst' overdrive would have less duration and a less powerful knockback effect as well.

Once the player visits an ammo station, then the player will receive their full loadout: full ammunition, Overdrive type (whether it's the standard OD boosted to full strength, or 'other'), and equipped items (handnades, etc).

This should help keep Legions faster pace (and an easier 'pick up and play' aspect), with players still being able to function in their chosen role (be it an offensive or defensive position) at spawn, just not as effectively. The ammo/inventory stations are still important to gameplay as they would boost the player's effectiveness, but also allow more exotic (and powerful) items to be introduced that probably would not be a good idea to allow players to spawn with (a deployable turret comes to mind).

Reading through this thread, I did like the idea of a 'loadout screen' on startup. An added bonus to such a screen is that there could be tooltips for the weapons and armour that would allow new players to somewhat familiarize themselves with the weapon or armour type and understand what weapons/gear would best serve the role they want to play. Of course, I would like to see such a screen be toggleable, since veteran players would already know which loadout they want to use (with hotkeys available to choose other loadouts), and being able to jump right into the game without even seeing the loadout screen.

FireBlitz

I really don't mind the new updates (since I'm a hybrid with classes), but I would love to see what Seymour said be tested out. It will give Legions a more "realistic" feeling and depth. I look forward to these cool updates. ;D

Noober

Personally, I find it a great update. The only problem I can see with it is that people are being forced into playing a class that they don't want to and possibly the respawn time decrease perhaps actually boosting defence as it will mean that they can suicide then in two seconds at full health be ready to receive a pass. Perhaps the class to spawn in should be Raider - Gunner as its a very general class and can be used for most things. However, it should have no grenades and possibly reduced ammo. As for not being able to respawn into heavy, that's good! I'm tired of distract taking out a heavy on flag then him respawn 3.5 seconds later only to resume his role. Defence has always had the edge over offence and I'm glad to see this change stop that.

The negative feedback in this thread is by people who don't want the main legions gameplay to change at all and the pace of the game. Well guys, the game IS going to be changed into something like this - probably not into what it is at the moment, but a system like it involving inventory stations etc. Talking to GReaper last night really made me see the potential of the system as they still have errors doing the custom loadouts.

However, I do have an idea to get round this error problem, which I'll write up later in the suggestion forums.

I agree with fireblasto, raider it's a better respawn class... with no grenades, and gunner set.
the main legions gameplay may be change in something better in future. something that's not "quake with jetpack and skying" like now.. i'm satisfied on this game but it can be mooore better!

huubz

just a thought:

- spawn with the selected class but with limited gear (no hand grenades, no od and you only have rl & cg)
- at the default map inventories (ammo stations) you can change your class etc and buy remote invs (destroyable)
- at remote invs you can buy hand grenades, od and weapons but can't change class

pretty much like t1, but you can select which class to spawn with.

HellzHere

LOOOL dacil.

Anyway everything that I wanted to say has been said. Yea i understand that this could benefit it in the future, but right now it is annnoying and whatever thing is coming that this system will benefit shud hurry up please lol.

However D i know was to overpowered, but you have decreased it so much. Once i spwaned to a lama grabbing the flag but couldent chase him because i couldent nade boost, again i spwaned to a OD grabber, but couldent nade boost.

So please add nades to the outrider class please thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.