Sleepwalker, Stygian, Team Deathmatch, OMG!

Stygian works nicely on CTF, brought back loads of memories from Dangerous Crossing... thank god you can't do "Rocket Jump from enemy base to own base" route on Stygian though.
Also it's very different (in a good way) from other maps we've seen so that's huge plus as well.
actually i was able to do it without the rocket jump :D

yami

Private Tester
There is also another issue. Let's say Team A scored 6 points. Team B, 3. Team A can simply stop spawning, and wait for the game to end. The solution for this could be to use a force spawn function.
Honestly don't see this coming up..Most of the people on this site would prefer to play than just stop spawning in the middle of a game. That's just taking away your own fun.
If this was really an issue wouldn't it have come up already before? (tell me if it has btw people)
Plus if someone has to go afk for whatever reason, them respawning after 3 seconds just leaves them open to easy death, & easy point scoring for whoever notices them just standing there

Murpy's Law of the Internet:
"Any way someone can be a dick, they will be a dick"

I really wouldn't be surprised if that came up, maybe not the whole team refusing to respawn, but to some degree. Also, people shouldn't be going afk in the middle of games. Unfortunately with real life stuff always comes up, but for those cases there should be a spectate mode or a temporary idle mode--but that's a different story entirely. A good temporary fix would be forced respawns, maybe not 3 seconds but you could do something like 10 seconds.

Another problem that I think is much more likely to happen is some guy on Beta decides he really doesn't want his team to lose so he switches teams and starts teamkilling, thus decreasing Alpha's score. If anyone on Alpha tries to stop the teamkiller (by killing him) they will also be decreasing Alpha's score. The only viable option is to avoid him, but he will still probably damage you as you leave your base, causing you to be easier prey for Beta. This scum of the internets just found himself in a win-win-win situation, and that kind of payoff is way to tempting for some people.

I know lots of stuff is on the devs' plates and what not, and the current TDM is just a bone that they tossed our way, but if legions is going to continue to function with basically no admins and no vote-kick, something should be done to prevent this from happening. Maybe auto-kick after a 5 teamkills or something, or better yet, only subtract a point for a teamkill if the person being killed had been damaged by an enemy within the last 10 seconds, or however long the "scared to death by" timer is.

A2

For some reason that has an Amnesia vibe to it.
It does eh? What I did is, took a screenie of the underground cave and edited it like hell on PS, result -
14tx2lc.jpg

Amnesia ;D

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Another problem that I think is much more likely to happen is some guy on Beta decides he really doesn't want his team to lose so he switches teams and starts teamkilling, thus decreasing Alpha's score. If anyone on Alpha tries to stop the teamkiller (by killing him) they will also be decreasing Alpha's score. The only viable option is to avoid him, but he will still probably damage you as you leave your base, causing you to be easier prey for Beta. This scum of the internets just found himself in a win-win-win situation, and that kind of payoff is way to tempting for some people.
Voting will fix this.

FatElvis

Great job on the DM mode, and the 2 new maps for it.. Nice.
Now just remove those pesky walls on Forgotten and you've made a friend for life devs. ;)

Stygian is the best map to come along since frostbite, so much speed, No rough terrain to crater on to easily, sweet. The ammo stations are in a really stupid place for DM.

Sleepwalker Looks really nice but as its name implies is to flat which is ok for a DM server Though I still would prefer some pace, but ctf would blow.

Not being able to score Im DM server with only 2 ppl is annoying as thats my preferred way of playing it.

Armageddon

Teapot
The terrain of these two maps are at complete opposite sides of the spectrum, and neither extremes quite work right now. I don't know if you guys have any intention of turning Sleepwalker into a CTF map but right now it's definitely living up to it's name and putting me to sleep. It's nice to have some pure 1 on 1 duels once in a while, but playing around with hills and cover is way too interesting of a dynamic in legions to sacrifice for the sake of straight up duels.

The terrain on Stygian obviously has some heavy tribes influence but I think whoever made it took it a little too far. I know people like it because it is tribe-sy and very different from the smooth rolling hills of niv/frost/zenith, but skiing in tribes is pretty different and this terrain does not work too well in legions. If you guys remember Mirage in test and early release, it had a similar terrain of lots of tall sharp peaks and the like. At first people praised it for it's tribes feel and escape from the norm, but that quickly turned into cries of "must smooth out Mirage!". The terrain looks cool, but when it comes down to it it's just too difficult to ski.
Also, spawning in the back of a mine shaft really screws you if you need to go get a quick e-garb or something.

ps I lolled at the massive hexagonal wheels

Redvan said:
tell him van says man the piss up

Strife

Stygian's hills and steep hills makes it easy for people to just run away and hide.

Indeed. I enjoy the hills though, it encourages people to use the terrain while fighting (and I don't mean running away) to gain advantages. It has direction, where Sleepwalker really doesn't. The elevation of the hills and even the bases is about perfect, imo. It gives snipers a good perch to sit on, but even with this advantage the terrain of the map allows you to avoid sniper fire if you maneuver carefully, so there's a good balance there.

I also like where the ammo stations are on either side of the map. It gives people an area to retreat to as a team or otherwise that isn't their base, so camping in their base isn't promoted. I think the ammo stations being in the back of the base is a good idea as well, because it forces campers to run in to a narrow hall, giving the attackers a clear advantage over them.

Fixious

Test Lead
I thought Sleep would make a decent TDM map. I was wrong. Add hills or jumpads or some *chocolate cookies*. Something, or take it out.

Abandoned

Indeed. I enjoy the hills though, it encourages people to use the terrain while fighting (and I don't mean running away) to gain advantages. It has direction, where Sleepwalker really doesn't. The elevation of the hills and even the bases is about perfect, imo. It gives snipers a good perch to sit on, but even with this advantage the terrain of the map allows you to avoid sniper fire if you maneuver carefully, so there's a good balance there.

I also like where the ammo stations are on either side of the map. It gives people an area to retreat to as a team or otherwise that isn't their base, so camping in their base isn't promoted. I think the ammo stations being in the back of the base is a good idea as well, because it forces campers to run in to a narrow hall, giving the attackers a clear advantage over them.

Agreed, but its annoying how 5 people from the enemy team just camps out RIGHT behind a hill, and start gang-banging on you for entering their "hill".
TDM is interesting, the fights are always varying from location to location.

Immanent

I know this has been said but:
Sleepwalker is a little too dull for TDM imo, because of all the horrible respawns.