Sleepwalker, Stygian, Team Deathmatch, OMG!

Disci

Old man
I don't like neither of them at all. Haven't played them yet but going to give more feedback when I do!

MightyDeath

Sleepwalker is rubbish.
Sorry just my opinion.
Add some hills near the bases and remove some of the towers. There are way too many snipers in one game.
Other than that I enjoy Stygian,decent map and I like it.

Propkid

Both maps are great. Stygian with the steep hills and the GREAT number of LO 'campspots' will have some fun PuG CTFs played on it. Sleepwalker might seem hard for some to gain speed on from bases (look ^) but it's still a really fun map. GJ! And I've found no issues whatsoever with the TDM mode, but I didn't have a lot of time to test.

but skiing in tribes is pretty different and this terrain does not work too well in legions.
I'm sorry but ^=BS. First of all skiing in L:O is much more 'flexible' than in tribes, hence all tribes maps and more will work for L:O. Also, I had no trouble speeding at ~180 without a RJ in the direction of the enemy base on many routes.

As an aside, seriously consider removing spawn protection. In competitive games, spawn protection is absolutely unnecessary: if there's someone camping spawns in a scrim or ladder match, that is entirely your team's fault. In public games, I can understand; in competition, though, there's no excuse. Make it a toggle.
Note that even though it is your team's fault, the combat just might move to one team's base. As usually it would put the 'defending' team at an advantage, there'd be a lot of 'surprise factor' present. You don't know where you'll spawn, you'll start on the ground and you'll be instantly vulnerable to all incoming fire. Unless each time you spawn you want to do an insanely quick 360+jet up combo to see if there isn't anyone pointing their RL at you, better keep the fresh meat.

I understand how it's 'entirely your team's fault', but goddamnit the advantage of having as many people possible at the enemy spawn area would change the point of TDM to leaving your base as quickly as possible and getting to the enemy base to camp there. +I can just see teams spawn sniping. I'd be in one of those teams, promoting the idea.

Disci

Old man
I'm sorry but ^=BS. First of all skiing in L:O is much more 'flexible' than in tribes, hence all tribes maps and more will work for L:O. Also, I had no trouble speeding at ~180 without a RJ in the direction of the enemy base on many routes.

The fundamental difference between skiing in Tribes and Legions makes lots of things different. Skiing in Tribes was just jumping down the hills while Legions skiing is gliding. This is why Legions skiing follows the terrain more "harder" than it does in Tribes. Your argument is invalid and if I were you I would check the differences first before calling something BS.

Sleepwalker is too flat and sniper friendly.
I love all the hills on Stygian since it makes for good TDM, but it needs more ammo stations around it. It's also too sniper friendly.
This game is too sniper friendly. ;)

Calimo

Stygian is my favorite map in legions (im not a huge CTF player though)

Since the paths are not as obvious, it seems harder to hit others. There is a different feel to that map than all other maps. I believe this is something that legions needed.
I used to only get on when I was bored and had nothing else to do... but now... I'm irritated that I won't have much time to play next week!

Good work to all the devs!

moronval

Private Tester
Stygian. I know that map from years ago. Although I forget who the creator was.. still, nice map.

Propkid

The fundamental difference between skiing in Tribes and Legions makes lots of things different. Skiing in Tribes was just jumping down the hills while Legions skiing is gliding. This is why Legions skiing follows the terrain more "harder" than it does in Tribes. Your argument is invalid and if I were you I would check the differences first before calling something BS.
Wanted to bring some quotes up, but couldn't be bugged really. Instead, I'll just explain that by more 'flexible' I meant more maneuverable, that it's much easier to change the direction of movement.
And I think that if I've found the map really easy to ski on I have sufficient reasons to call a statement saying that the map doesn't work (too well) for Legions BS. Also, I generally try to test something out for a while before saying that it won't work. And I look at how do others manage too before saying anything.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Sleepwalker is too flat and sniper friendly.
It's also too sniper friendly.
This game is too sniper friendly. ;)

images

Esuke-L

There is also another issue. Let's say Team A scored 6 points. Team B, 3. Team A can simply stop spawning, and wait for the game to end. The solution for this could be to use a force spawn function. Meaning, a player, in a Team Deathmatch mode, will most definitely spawn after the 3 seconds cooldown, whether or not he/she left clicks.

Honestly don't see this coming up..Most of the people on this site would prefer to play than just stop spawning in the middle of a game. That's just taking away your own fun.

If this was really an issue wouldn't it have come up already before? (tell me if it has btw people)

Plus if someone has to go afk for whatever reason, them respawning after 3 seconds just leaves them open to easy death, & easy point scoring for whoever notices them just standing there (very few of us are able to refuse shooting at a stationary target, some of us will stop once we realise they aren't moving, many of us will pretend we're just amazing & halting there movement with our amazing auro of pwnageness)

Fixious

Test Lead
i think we should toss flags on each map and see how things go. the flag on styg should obviously be in the tube. on sleep walker i would put it on the concrete slab below the little catwalks so it isnt quite as easy to grab.

I love the wood texture on styg.
I'd be interested to see how it works as a Rabbit/Team Rabbit map.

Redvan

Private Tester
Sleepwalker is pretty flat. Give it a few more curves and it'd be more funner. Currently it's super simple to just splash splash splash because there is little movement. Soon as you hit the ground, you're kinda stuck.

MJ1284

Stygian works nicely on CTF, brought back loads of memories from Dangerous Crossing... thank god you can't do "Rocket Jump from enemy base to own base" route on Stygian though.
Also it's very different (in a good way) from other maps we've seen so that's huge plus as well.

poiuyt580

Stygian works nicely on CTF, brought back loads of memories from Dangerous Crossing... thank god you can't do "Rocket Jump from enemy base to own base" route on Stygian though.
Also it's very different (in a good way) from other maps we've seen so that's huge plus as well.
Not unless the flag stand is on top of the base. And it's not :(