Bring back Quarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you guys don't miss this?
Anyway, I say add Quarry to the list of map that we can create our game on (So we can just ski around in it, explore it, yada yada) and see how it goes from there.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I'm going to partially agree with Fire that us Americans will only play frost and zenith with any kind of relish. The rest of the maps don't get played as ecstatically, and that's a disappointment because I seriously enjoy playing on every map out there. I'm not a good player by any means, I keep playing legions because it is fun, and I believe that nothing is more fun than a game being taken seriously, which doesn't always seem to happen on the other maps, because people just want to score out and move on to the next map, and hope that it is Zenith or Frost.

To this end, I really sucked back in the IA days, a lot more than I suck now. I had fun on that map, and I was able to get around fairly easily. I think that Quarry was a well made map that has, unfortunately and unfairly been ostracized by the community (presumably the americans) because they refuse to give any map a chance but the two good-old stand-bys. Perhaps my view of Quarry is seen through the golden haze of nostalgia, but I say we give it a chance.

BestCharmie

I'm going to partially agree with Fire that us Americans will only play frost and zenith with any kind of relish. The rest of the maps don't get played as ecstatically, and that's a disappointment because I seriously enjoy playing on every map out there. I'm not a good player by any means, I keep playing legions because it is fun, and I believe that nothing is more fun than a game being taken seriously, which doesn't always seem to happen on the other maps, because people just want to score out and move on to the next map, and hope that it is Zenith or Frost.

To this end, I really sucked back in the IA days, a lot more than I suck now. I had fun on that map, and I was able to get around fairly easily. I think that Quarry was a well made map that has, unfortunately and unfairly been ostracized by the community (presumably the americans) because they refuse to give any map a chance but the two good-old stand-bys. Perhaps my view of Quarry is seen through the golden haze of nostalgia, but I say we give it a chance.

I sir, agree fully on your opinion.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I think that Quarry was a well made map that has, unfortunately and unfairly been ostracized by the community (presumably the americans) because they refuse to give any map a chance but the two good-old stand-bys. Perhaps my view of Quarry is seen through the golden haze of nostalgia, but I say we give it a chance.

the reason it isnt liked by the majority of the north american crew is because it really sucks to play on. its not like we were just like, LOL NEW MAP? *dance* THAT. Every new map that has been added has been played in pugs. and guess what? those games sucked. it wasnt cause the players were bad or anything, it just wasnt fun for the rest of us. sure "variety is the spice in life", but when games after games after games of core/gorge and so on just blow, we're not really gonna play them.

of course, i dont speak for everyone, but i do speak for most of the ts3 crew. at least those that left haha...

edit: really rushed this post, can respond to any questions uncertainties if need be

WhiteHawk

the reason it isnt liked by the majority of the north american crew is because it really sucks to play on.
I'm from north America and I liked playing on that map in IA . It was one of my favroiit maps....and it doesn't suck to play on is there is a lot of poeple...who's with me?

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I'm from north America and I liked playing on that map in IA . It was one of my favroiit maps....and it doesn't suck to play on is there is a lot of poeple...who's with me?
It is absolutely awful to play on. Alex Porter did a terrible job on that map.

Freeman

RAYTANG
no it sucks. try it in a pickup.(dont actually, if you suggest it people will just laugh at you. +pugs hardly even happen anymore ha)

its like an inhouse in league. everyone just ends up raging because of the level of bad

How about if we settle this debate by having devs add it to the map that we can host our server on? (I hope the devs already started working on this) As for the llama, maybe this map is a great one to have turrets on. I heard the devs were working on it or something.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
How about if we settle this debate by having devs add it to the map that we can host our server on? (I hope the devs already started working on this) As for the llama, maybe this map is a great one to have turrets on. I heard the devs were working on it or something.
You can add it yourself, if you know what you're doing.

the terrain is still there but as far as base assets they dont exist.
The devs don't have all parts of the map.......If they did, they should just add it to the list to save everyone else some time and hassle (I'm not the only one who wants it back) and 80% of us don't know what we're doing when we add it ourselves :). There's no harm if we could host our server on it cause everyone has a choice to play it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.