Bring back Quarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badpox

Private Tester
667136d7-c258-4741-9ae0-c4190b27be21.jpg

Libra

i apologize for my necro posting most of the threads i do necro post on are suggestions that weren't possible now that legions is unlocked and most are possible why not revive those threads maybe it might give life to the dying community spark some interest

Freeman

RAYTANG
i apologize for my necro posting most of the threads i do necro post on are suggestions that weren't possible now that legions is unlocked and most are possible why not revive those threads maybe it might give life to the dying community spark some interest
the fact that legions is unlocked doesnt change the fact that quarry plays like a pile of aids.

Libra

Legions has a few maps it gets old fast when all you play is fooking Nivosus, Frostbyte, Moonshine, and Zenith four maps over and over again non stop for the sake of variety quarry would be nice to play

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Legions has a few maps it gets old fast when all you play is fooking Nivosus, Frostbyte, Moonshine, and Zenith four maps over and over again non stop for the sake of variety quarry would be nice to play
Elegiac and Fallout don't get played? Seems to me that they come up in the servers too and we play them?

skypredator

Fire, Elegiac has to be my favorite map aside from Frosty. Core is nice as well. I just don't think Moonshine and Nivosus are large enough for any practical teamwork besides flag-passing. They just don't play well. I'll play on any map, however. I guess what it all boils down to is skiing efficiently, jet conservation, and aim. That's basically all you need for any map.

And Sin, tea is way cool. Don't diss tea, fool. :p

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Is that new?

Alas, was a simple typo, we're 5 hours ahead here, so please excuse any late night mistakes.

Way to stereotype, tea drinker/pinky raiser.

Just stating a general fact, everyone knows that Americans literally do not play anything other than those two maps :p

I never said that, stygian just blows. this is general knowledge.

I'll explain why the map doesn't suck then, just for you <3.

The reason why this map isn't as well liked is probably because of the easy llamaing, awful base design (the only point I agree on to some extent), and the terrain of the map. The terrain is much sharper, and less flowing than other maps, which provides what I would call a challenge is general skiing and more so capping. You have to pick exactly the right hill and exactly the spot to end up on top of the flag if you're going for a side route, and then of course, you might not have much speed either. Either way, I find capping of stygian more fun and more challenging on stygain than other maps. This does ramp up the difficulty, meaning that less people like it.

The main reason that everyone thinks the map sucks is of course what they have seen from public gameplay, and the map rotation, which like Gorge, made it seem like every other map it was on and killed off servers. The main problem is how easy it is to llama that flag out of that base then quickly be able to get it to your own base - faster than any other map surely. However, play the match competitively and with evenly matched teams, and the problem of easy llamaing quickly goes away - mortar can easily handle a llama in that cramped base and there is much more focus on distract to get the cappers through and picking up the flag than there is on other maps - a point which I quite like about the map.

Overall, what I am trying to say is that the map doesn't suck, it just sucks in its execution. A couple of tweaks here and there, and it'd be so much better for public gameplay.

i have the quarry if folks need it.

house-do-want-thumbnail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.