Mortars

jago

look guys chill ffs you don't have to have a go at each other every time a topic comes up that we disagree on lets come together on this and resolve the problem although i don't see it being a problem really, most of us will use it correctly any bad apples the group can just eat up.

Disci

Old man
i actually cant imagine why would people take you seriously
oh well, it appears to be talking to you is a wast of time

No it doesn't but the mortar has too much damage output so in this case I'd say yes.
I'm not talking about it not accomodating pub players. The mortar hinders gameplay of others. So many people getting killed when trying to grab a flag thats not on the flagstand, and not just ennemies. Plenty of other scenarios.

if the nooby sents are spamming why don't you kill them, or the nooby sents are killing and owning you!
or you can just avoid being mortared to death, it takes too much time to reload and takes too much time to explode hence the damage makes sense and makes sense if you can kill them, if you can't then you're just unable to duel or avoid being killed
ps: sorry riptack ;), but you need to get over it

With love, Disci. :)

look guys chill ffs you don't have to have a go at each other every time a topic comes that we disagree on lets come together on this and resolve the problem although i don't see it being a problem really, most of us will use it correctly any bad apples the group can just eat up.

I agree. I also disagree about there is no problem but that's rather easy to solve if you read what Gheist said in his first post.

jago

i did bro if u look a little further down the posts you will see i agreed with Gheist but that was only because others don't like the mortar i think its fine as it is but i don't mind a compromise

RiPTaCk

if the nooby sents are spamming why don't you kill them, or the nooby sents are killing and owning you!
or you can just avoid being mortared to death, it takes too much time to reload and takes too much time to explode hence the damage makes sense and makes sense if you can kill them, if you can't then you're just unable to duel or avoid being killed
ps: sorry riptack ;), but you need to get over it
Ehh wut? I wasn't talking about duelling or any sort of direct confrontation. I was talking about the damage output/radius it has when suddenly a mortar appears and blows everyone up who tried to pick up the flag, including teammates.

Ehh wut? I wasn't talking about duelling or any sort of direct confrontation. I was talking about the damage output/radius it has when suddenly a mortar appears and blows everyone up who tried to pick up the flag, including teammates.
that's why your name was in the last sentence

Disci

Old man
=-=

What I'm trying to say you need a mortar to defend really. But if people choose to do it while getting satisfaction of killing teammates fine by me Just don't hit me <.< :rolleyes:

His argument, in the discussion I started with him, was that it's ok to tk if you stop the capper with that mortar. So if you stand on the flag while he's doing so it's your own fault.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Nothing against mortar. but its not suited in public games! You waste out time anyways trying to kill the mortar spammers. Keep the green vomit,but change its color ffs!

Vox

A mortar will always be a mortar. Big explosion with big damage. If the mortar got nerfed. It wouldnt deserve to be called a mortar.
It isn't wrong for people to accidentally teamkill with the mortar. Accidents happen. Get over it.
/ please

Disci

Old man
A mortar will always be a mortar. Big explosion with big damage. If the mortar got nerfed. It wouldnt deserve to be called a mortar.
It isn't wrong for people to accidentally teamkill with the mortar. Accidents happen. Get over it.
/ please

The Thing is not about accidents, it's about intentional team kills which are result of not caring, "get over it" and "it's a pub. you can do what ever you want, except being racists"(just like some very intelligent player told me on public server when I told some sent to not team kill me with mortars while I'm defending/capping the flag) attitude.

Edit: Ofcos mistakes happen and people die for it, but that's not so often than this stand spamming which few of very bright members of this society are practising.

BestCharmie

I like the current mortar. Since I have 250 ping, this is a great balancer :U

*I was called TK King by Fire due to mortar

Vox

im not qqing im stating the truth vanquish.

The Thing is not about accidents, it's about intentional team kills which are result of not caring, "get over it" and "it's a pub. you can do what ever you want, except being racists"(just like some very intelligent player told me on public server when I told some sent to not team kill me with mortars while I'm defending/capping the flag) attitude.

Edit: Ofcos mistakes happen and people die for it, but that's not so often than this stand spamming which few of very bright members of this society are practising.
Well some people teamkill with the mortar out of idiocy while other players teamkill will teamkill accidentally by simply shooting a mortar at the enemy and either misfiring due to range of mortar and arc or the teammate gets in the way. If this is about idiots teamkilling purposely then i understand what your saying but if someone accidentally teamkills someone due to the few things i mentioned its no big deal.

Well some people teamkill with the mortar out of idiocy while other players teamkill will teamkill accidentally by simply shooting a mortar at the enemy and either misfiring due to range of mortar and arc or the teammate gets in the way. If this is about idiots teamkilling purposely then i understand what your saying but if someone accidentally teamkills someone due to the few things i mentioned its no big deal.
People teamkill at the wrong time. But I believe vanquish's point is mortar could at least do a little less damage or be used a as knock back weapon. Reducing the cause for team kill arguements.

Guys Clearly the majority thinks mortar is fine too. So does mortar think itself is fine. The mortar says:Eat Your Peas.