Mortars

The main objective of LO is to get their people off the stand, and then maybe kill them. THATS WHY YOU ALSO HAVE ROCKETS
I lol'd at you because all i defend myself with are rockets and cg.
you're the only hof i've played against who doesn't defend himself at all and doesn't move off the stand at all even with distraction
you just keep jumping and taking less damage and that's pretty good thing you do but you just don't defend yourself
which means you need more than cg and rockets to do that hence your argument is invalid
fyi heavy doesn't mean defense or block not even in this game, it means more powerful, have more weapons and slower
and being the slow class in this game gives other classes a huge advantage over you
all you have is insta od which consumes health and the mortar == making the game more balanced
and let me guess, you started this thread because the ho are using mortars?

Sure, there might be more TK'ing, but this will decrease as more people learn to use the weapon properly and the novelty wears off.

So your saying if more people team kill with mortar they will learn how to control and wield mortar more efficiently?
I asked a guy bout if he he knew how to use mortar and he replied...I was playing this game for years...some time later he t-ked me
multiple times .

HVanquish

you're the only hof i've played against who doesn't defend himself at all and doesn't move off the stand at all even with distraction
you just keep jumping and taking less damage and that's pretty good thing you do but you just don't defend yourself
which means you need more than cg and rockets to do that hence your argument is invalid
fyi heavy doesn't mean defense or block not even in this game, it means more powerful, have more weapons and slower
and being the slow class in this game gives other classes a huge advantage over you
all you have is insta od which consumes health and the mortar == making the game more balanced
and let me guess, you started this thread because the ho are using mortars?

I don't shoot you all the time because I'm looking for cappers. Note that I'm also NOT saying that mortars should be removed. I'm thinking they should have 0 or less damage and the same or even more knockback, making them better for DEFENDING, which is what a HoF does. If you wanna go HO, then use the mortar to clear the stand and such. Also, people getting those nice shots at cappers zooming out of the base and killing the capper; if you just had the knockback it would be effective (more than likely, as you might just speed them the hell up)

which means you need more than cg and rockets to do that

Take Elegiac, a sentinel could stand on the roof of the flag base and easily see where the enemy is coming there fore all you have to do is jump in there line of direction and Overdrive into them (if they can aim and control Od) and easily block them. You don't need mortar at all. I'm an outrider all the time ..I use hornet in the Public Server. When cappers come and Od I fireaa rocket at them. And they drop it. I did that multiple times to vengeance and some pt. guy, they drop flag hardly even going anywhere. So yeah if I can do that with out the use of a heavy armor without the use of mortar. So can the sents. But they choose to end it all quickly.. enemy capper team and all. Once they get their points. And then when people team kill them by accident. They get angry. But tell me 1 team kill to them vs 6 team kills by them. Which is worse?

So mortar should be used as a blocking tool. Fire mortar into the capper at flag..he gets knocked back instantly. thus removing that problem of not being able to catch up with them. And with this your team mates wont have to worry wasting 35 seconds making up sentences blaming you for team killing them or taunts. Block mortar----blocks capper----no team kill damage----easier to kill capper-----Better solution?

Wisefallen

So your saying if more people team kill with mortar they will learn how to control and wield mortar more efficiently?
I asked a guy bout if he he knew how to use mortar and he replied...I was playing this game for years...some time later he t-ked me
multiple times .
No what I'm saying is that the TK'ing will simply decrease as the mortar gains more widespread exposure and understanding.

And people, let's be real... no one's going to use a zero-damage mortar.

Karnage

Private Tester
I just came from A public Test server and as i joined in for defense...In less than a minute i was team killed by my own team with with mortars. And this went on for 5 minutes.. and the bad thing was. I was no where near they were shooting at the enemy. I really think that mortar should be used HoF only.. and not some sort of attacking weapon like rocket chain gun and so forth. Isn't that more sensible right 57th sents? ;)
Look, the mortar was created in order for HO to be able to knock out enemy assets as I understand it. The fact that it is being put to other uses in the TEST server is just by chance. The mortar is the mortar. If you nerf it is no longer going to justify the name mortar. And yes, Wisefallen I agree that at this point the mortar should be used in defense (and a bit of chase) only. I don't usually go offence with it and when I do I feel guilty. I don't think that's cool. But that's just me. A noob would probably think, "Awesome I can stand on this back hill here and spam the flag stand! Whoopee!" I also get annoyed when other heavies mortar me when I am on the stand. I am on the stand so there is no need to lay a mortar there. I understand also why people are frustrated with the mortar but keep in mind that in a proper game when you have cappers timing their routes and you have good LO distracting, that mortar is not going to be of much use. Heavies are and should be badass. You should be scared of them. And yet they are slow and clumsy. In fact they are relatively easy to kill. I think it's all pretty well balanced.

So mortar should be used as a blocking tool. Fire mortar into the capper at flag..he gets knocked back instantly. thus removing that problem of not being able to catch up with them. And with this your team mates wont have to worry wasting 35 seconds making up sentences blaming you for team killing them or taunts. Block mortar----blocks capper----no team kill damage----easier to kill capper-----Better solution?
That's just not a good idea IMO. All you will do is create more LO when the capper gets blocked and is still at full health. If you don't want to get killed by your heavy get off the flag stand. There be mortars there.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The main objective of LO is to get their people off the stand, and then maybe kill them. THATS WHY YOU ALSO HAVE ROCKETS

I lol'd at you because all i defend myself with are rockets and cg.

Quick note:

Bomber is quite good for what Disaster is saying, in the cases where you need to get raw damage down. I rarely play LO without it because its able to get high amounts of damage down without being slowed by the extra armor offered by raider to have more Firepower. In addition to this, in higher ping environment, you are shredding weight and you have only splash weapons, making it even more ideal, and even more suitable for TheDisaster because he probably played against you in the American Servers where he has 250 ping due to living in Syria.

Look past the weapons, and see what the class really offers you, and you'll be a much more effective player imo, because you'll be much more suited for the task.

Disci

Old man
I've talked with Disaster about this issue and he never understood why tking people standing on the flag with your mortar isn't a good idea, even you are able to stop enemy capper grabbing your flag. You guys are wasting time with this guy talking about this issue.

I'm with Gheist here and increasing arming timer would be great. You should be able to jump off the ground and avoid the mortar blast when someone is fighting you in close range. Atm it's not possible most of the time and after all it's not a close range dueling weapon, imo. Also those flag spamming faggots who doesn't care who are standing on the flag when they are lobbing mortars there are selfish bastards. When we get proper admin tools we can vote kick these tk'ers out of the server so it's not going to be a problem in a long run.

wow, you managed to write all that without reading anything, i like how people do that to their selves
and btw i didn't say anything you just wrote, i only told you it's their fault if they're getting repeatedly killed that way, what humans shouldn't do

Disci

Old man
U DIE, U MAD?

i only told you it's their fault if they're getting repeatedly killed that way, what humans shouldn't do

Also those flag spamming faggots who doesn't care who are standing on the flag when they are lobbing mortars there are selfish bastards. When we get proper admin tools we can vote kick these tk'ers out of the server so it's not going to be a problem in a long run.

It's ok my friend. Now don't cry anymore. Everything will be ok, I promise.

Application-1

test bester
Or we just let is be how it is, so far in pugs i have not seen a problem with it. Have not seen anyone getting mad/frustrated by a HoF because he/she uses mortars. No problem with it in pugs, i can see why people dont like it in pubs but pubs will be pubs.

Deal+With+It+Deal+With+It+Oh+and+I+m+not_fae4aa_2029085.gif