Mortars

Abandoned

Ah the text misunderstandings. I meant that if you are close to a mortar, you will get both hit and pushed back. But most of the time, you won't know that you were pushed back, because you are already dead by then.

High pingers and laggers notice this because within the duration of that death, your legionnaire is flung back and a black screen shows up for 0.1s (or so) and you'll find yourself teleported back to where you had originally died. :p

Immanent

Defenders on the flag stand should not be there (unless they are heavies) or fireblastos (contagious od) if there is a sentinel that is on defense. Simple as. It's like standing infront of a Sentinel that is about to iOD block, expecting not to get knocked back, and decide to give a scolding afterwards! If the defense can't adapt to new techniques that are being used, then it's really their loss. I personally prefer to HoF in American PuGs due to ping, but get called a mortar noob, because I stand on the flag stand, shoot the mortar on the ground (nobody is on the flag stand) and overdrive them so they get stuck over the mortar and die. Technique ftw.

Abandoned

And your reasoning behind this is?

There will always be one person who will use the Sentinel as their main class in-game. If this gets pushed to Live with all the Sentinel's GLII replaced to Mortar, that player will most likely to use the Mortar. Standing a far bit of distance away from the action, a well placed mortar will injure the enemy's team substantially, creating a + for your team. Though unfortunately there is always a chance of teamkilling with the power of Mortar and it's massive AoE.

Soon enough the TDM matches might turn into a all-sentinel mortar fest. Any player in any other class will be forced to change their class as well.

Gravis

Soon enough the TDM matches might turn into a all-sentinel mortar fest. Any player in any other class will be forced to change their class as well.

-foams at the mouth in love with such a sight-

The Rain of Green Hell shall bring glory to death itself!

Disci

Old man
There will always be one person who will use the Sentinel as their main class in-game. If this gets pushed to Live with all the Sentinel's GLII replaced to Mortar, that player will most likely to use the Mortar. Standing a far bit of distance away from the action, a well placed mortar will injure the enemy's team substantially, creating a + for your team. Though unfortunately there is always a chance of teamkilling with the power of Mortar and it's massive AoE.

I don't want to sound like a total douche but wtf are you talking about? I can see snipers taking the #1 class to pick on TDM servers over the sentinel. In fact I can see any other class being picked before sentinel due the fact that sent is still ez as hell to kill even when he is shooting mortars and iOD like crazy.

Abandoned

I don't want to sound like a total douche but wtf are you talking about? I can see snipers taking the #1 class to pick on TDM servers over the sentinel. In fact I can see any other class being picked before sentinel due the fact that sent is still ez as hell to kill even when he is shooting mortars and iOD like crazy.

Mortars should not be in the TDM servers if they get put into Live.
And your reasoning behind this is?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I don't believe Mr Disci was asking why you posted your reasoning for not including mortars in TDM, but more argued your reasoning behind the exclusion (and describing his believe that Snipers would still be the prevalent class).

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Oh god...