Mortars

GROUCH

in my opinion the only thing they should remove from the mortar is that it should should just bounce off on a mid air hit..

But that wouldn't make any sense. Since When you hit* a person in the air one it doesnt measure for a Mid-Air at all, all it does is liquifies. So point being Mortar is too powerful. And newbie sentinels just spam them like how people spam the grenades.

if the nooby sents are spamming why don't you kill them, or the nooby sents are killing and owning you!
or you can just avoid being mortared to death, it takes too much time to reload and takes too much time to explode hence the damage makes sense and makes sense if you can kill them, if you can't then you're just unable to duel or avoid being killed
ps: sorry riptack ;), but you need to get over it

if the nooby sents are spamming why don't you kill them, or the nooby sents are killing and owning you!
or you can just avoid being mortared to death, it takes too much time to reload and takes too much time to explode hence the damage makes sense and makes sense if you can kill them, if you can't then you're just unable to duel or avoid being killed
ps: sorry riptack ;), but you need to get over it
Well You say if the newbie sentinels are spamming why not just kill them. I'll tell you why,more than 65% of this community plays as an outrider in public test and you know what mortar does to outriders. So yeah Sentinels can stand in one spot taking damage but not enough to make them desperate. So they wait till the outrider is outta energy they fly into air to get a good aim then mortar. The mortar either kills the outrider or leaves back very little hp. So if the outrider survives, the chain gun will solve the solution . Thus enabling the sentinel to pwn more easily.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I've been tked at least 20 times by some incompetent moron wielding a mortar. It's irritating as hell. Don't mortar the damn stand when you have teammates there. HOF's are better (imo) using iOD for body block, not cluster *dancing* teammates with the mortar.

I've been tked at least 20 times by some incompetent moron wielding a mortar. It's irritating as hell. Don't mortar the damn stand when you have teammates there. HOF's are better (imo) using iOD for body block, not cluster *dancing* teammates with the mortar.
I agree. And if the mortar is to be changed and now implemented as a blocking mortar with no damage then team-killing won't be a problem..sure you would be..knocked off the flag or from the flag.. but at least the enemy doesn't get it

Also sure if the mortar got changed..there should be some consequences like if you use it your energy gets depleted...or You can't use overdrive in a while or maybe health got decreased every time you used it your health got depleted. Would teach people to not spam.
Or maybe if it didn't get changed at all. There still should be consequences since it's such a dangerous yet powerful weapon.

snob

I'd be fine with it if there was a way to deny the sentinel loadouts from the other team, but the fact that players can spawn with the mortar, it becomes like the goon haven special except there's little to no cost to the player.

Karnage

Private Tester
I agree with Gheist 100%. There is no need to nerf the weapon except for those super close MA's. Speaking as a heavy I make a point of not going to the enemy base and spamming mortars (usually hehe) and I also warn other players in my team to stay off the flag stand. HoF is called Heavy on Flag for a reason. If an outrider is standing on the flag he is really just asking for it. I also make a point of not MAing ppl with it because it's just too easy. The real point though is that the heavy is a HEAVY. He should be really powerful but slow. Hence the mortar's rate of fire and arm time. I think it is nicely balanced. Think about how it fits into the game in a real match, scrim or PUG. Whether it is abused in PUBs or not is irrelevant. Annoying (I totally agree) but irrelevant.

Mahidhar

Anything which hinders Outrider class's gameplay must be removed or nerfed, right? All the people talking here, saying "oh no my Outrider's getting one-hit-KO'ed" need to stop whining.

As far as the weapon goes, it's damage capability is just fine, and needs no nerfing. What I think should happen is; the mortar needs to have lesser range. Killing outgoing cappers has become way too easy, and unlike the grenades, one does not need perfect accuracy when aiming at the escaping capper. I believe it makes sense for the weapon too. A heavy weapon launching a heavy projectile. One weapon should never have the most AoE, damage and range at the same time.

MJ1284

One weapon should never have the most AoE, damage and range at the same time.
a) Range: Laser Rifle still has longer range
b) Mortar is restricted to Sentinel only, which is THE slowest character in whole game. It's a tradeoff between firepower and mobility, don't see anything wrong with that.

Mahidhar

a) Range: Laser Rifle still has longer range
b) Mortar is restricted to Sentinel only, which is THE slowest character in whole game. It's a tradeoff between firepower and mobility, don't see anything wrong with that.

I was comparing the grenade and the mortar projectiles. I agree with you that firepower should make up for low mobility, and I have no problem with that. I'm just taking note of the weapon's capability, and right now, you could just stand on top of a tower and one-shot-kill cappers coming in, or going out. Therefore, the range of the weapon needs to be shortened. Let the Chasers do their job.

RiPTaCk

Whether it is abused in PUBs or not is irrelevant. Annoying (I totally agree) but irrelevant.
Ehhh Pubs are the only thing why this game still exists. Pugs are just a random assembly of dedicated players who search for competitive matches. If you think that Pubs are less important you might aswell throw this game away.

It may not be a serious issue in this case but you better be careful with your statements.