You know what I don't like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57thRomance

why don't you go kill yourself, why are you still alive?
I see where you're coming from, but if you're going to ask people like Nept why they're alive, don't tell them to go kill themselves. That's terrible.

On one final note, I'll just end my discussion in all of this by saying that brilliance does not compensate for foolishness. "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." -Jimi Hendrix

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
This thread is out of hand. I deleted posts to try to get it back on track but it has been derailed beyond repair. Locked.

Strife

All of those involved in the religious debate (and anyone else) are invited by Nept to continue the discussion here:

http://omniscientgaming.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=541&start=15

A preface to the above thread:

“Nowhere did I imply I've not studied the bible - I merely asked your opinion as someone purportedly knowledgeable. I was raised catholic, my mother taught sunday school, I attended church twice per week, and my godmother's the head of the largest organization of nuns in Canada; indeed, half the books I own are biblical in nature. I'm also well-versed in other religions, and am one of the few people to have ever invited representatives from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints into my home.

These aren't the railings of an ignorant athiest.”

It is ironic that you're citing wisdom and open-mindedness as important qualities. You're so unwilling to read, listen, and understand that you've missed the entire point of my post: that religion has been, and continues to be, a source and defender of ignorance. Given the facts (as listed), any position taking the opposing stance is absolutely untenable.

“Wise up and do some listening.”

- Brilliant Nept

Status
Not open for further replies.