The Legacy Project

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
im not changing the bases, but as I have played Quarry (SOOOOO LOOONG AGGOOOOOOOOO *dramatic music*) I know the main problem was that the flag/base was so damn high/tall. Im lowering the bases so that its more even, aka making it more fun! yay! go me! im so awesome! ahahah... (between Styg and Quarry, I may go *dancing* insane :confused: )

Defender

In my new map Vendaric, I lowerd the Quarry bases way down, covering the tunnels at the bottom..
It worked out vary well..

Defender

The lighting issue is a big problem, you need to rebuild it i think... Maya...
The Energybase.dif only has a lighting issue for me when I add the orange glow back..
This adds the orange glow to it. Remove it and it glows blue with no lighting isues.
MaterialRemap = "MaterialRemapper_ABGlowOrange";

Code:
new InteriorInstance() {
        canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
        Enabled = "1";
        Position = "614.416 620.724 276.78";
        rotation = "0 0 1 44.1177";
        scale = "1 1 1";
        doDistanceFade = "0";
        startFadeDistance = "10";
        endFadeDistance = "500";
        MaterialRemap = "MaterialRemapper_ABGlowOrange";
        teamIndex = "-1";
        interiorFile = "legions/data/interiors/bases/Energybase.dif";
        showTerrainInside = "0";
      };

Fixious

Test Lead
AFAIK he's still doing tweaks. Forgotten should be pretty damn fun. We had fun testing Moonshine thanks to spawning under the terrain (which was a bug, not a feature :p). Dunno what he has in store for Quarry, to be honest. I never really got the chance to play it at IA, so I'm unaware of why it was 'bad'.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
I've kinda *danced* off on most maps this past week, as Quarry hasn't been nice to me, I should have something for testers sometime later today (Sunday).

AFAIK he's still doing tweaks. Forgotten should be pretty damn fun. We had fun testing Moonshine thanks to spawning under the terrain (which was a bug, not a feature :p). Dunno what he has in store for Quarry, to be honest. I never really got the chance to play it at IA, so I'm unaware of why it was 'bad'.
WOO FORGOTTEN

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
The problem I have with rotating the bases 90˚ in Forgotten is that the design of the map promoted side cap routes, which, when done right, were blisteringly fast even without a rocket jump, and made the map more than just a front-route spam fest. Not that many people tried the side routes, but they were more successful.

The problem I have with rotating the bases 90˚ in Forgotten is that the design of the map promoted side cap routes, which, when done right, were blisteringly fast even without a rocket jump, and made the map more than just a front-route spam fest. Not that many people tried the side routes, but they were more successful.
No, the problem was that people were playing heavy and llaming out the front.

Crisis12096

No, the problem was that people were playing heavy and llaming out the front.

That's a very common problem. Nivosus and Moonshine specifically. It looks like this project is going to fix heavy llama caps, so I'm pretty happy about that. . Heavy capping OP.

I mean people using heavy for any type of offense when they should be at home pushing R, silly fatties.

It's okay Cont, Quarry isn't nice to anybody.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
been thinking about this lately and here is where everything stands:

The Legacy Project is dead in the water for 2 main reasons.
-Triad was the main dude that updated test with my maps, hes in school now, and when he can, is working on legions (as far as I know) so with out him, testing maps becomes more of a hassle.
-Some people know ive gained a new computer, so ive been playing more recent games I couldnt before; Dishonored, BF3, and Planetside 2, also, my old computer is sitting on the ground next to me not hooked up, and it has all my map stuff.

Its not over, though...

with my new computer I have also inadvertanly(wtf how do you spell that?) gained a lot more time to myself on the weekends, sooooo to take up time I could get back to mapping, but there needs to be a few things to happen before I do

-I need to either learn the 'new' editor that PTs can use, or get back FELT 9 (old editor)
-The game needs to be more active (games of 3v3, 4v4, and 5v2 are NOT fun for me, and it is no reason for me to continue. This next update should change that)
-I will need a group of active people to help me test maps. I could get 3 versions up on test with Triads help, within an hour. If I can get a solid group of people THAT USE TS3!!! and know a decent amount about the game to help me test things.

My main 'hopeful' idea was to get 8 of us every weekend some night, for hours to just screw around on what ever map I am working on, and to give me feedback then and there, I change it, and get another version up and running, and then test that, and do it again, and again if we need to.

As the newness of the update goes away, I would continue to update maps and make new ones. specifically for PuGs, so that we can keep those going, and get better maps. Eventually I could easily create a "PuG Map Pack" for us to use and have fun pugging times forever until Legions 2 gets up a year-500 years into the future.

thats the story and im stickin to it!

Fixious

Test Lead
You're better off getting FELT again. It's (slightly) better.

Well, they're both quite similar so I don't think learning the new one would take very long at all. There are just certain things about it that are annoying.

Fixious

Test Lead
I've had issues with both, to the point where I've stopped even trying anymore. I'd either get an error message when trying to save the mission, or the terrain would be extremely bright or even just missing completely. A basic tutorial to work around those bugs would be nice, especially for PT's if the devs never end up releasing the editor publicly.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
yeah, theres a few issues here and there, the one that I do know is that you need to relight the terrain if its extremely bright, it doesnt work sometimes when you save and reload it, but once to reload it, and its normal, its good to go, just dont make any more changes or it can happen again.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Had a thought, If I can get my mapping stuff from my old comp to my new one, I could do releases for the community to test, instead of PTs, after we get a few of the maps ironed out to be fun, we can start a PuG map pack. People would need to download it to play, and we would need a person that can host (I can), but I think it would be great to get pick ups going on more maps then just 2-3.

Just a thought