The Legacy Project

Fixious

Test Lead
ny0hs.jpg

Propkid

So, TA gets released, everyone leaves to play that easycore noskill (compared to LO) *chocolate cookies*, then gets bored, comes back to LO and see huw herd it iz to cap in LO with proper D due to how well the D/O/cap/chase is balanced on most of the maps... oh yeah, let's change all the maps so they're so ez! let's change one of the coolest and most challenging flagstands (core) for both D and cap because we now consider easy-to-cap flag stands bettah. Bitch please... Really, so you've failed a couple of times on Core caps, now you've gotta change it? Or why does the flagstand suck? We need to ban US players from changing the maps...
Oh, also grats on thinking that side route capping needs to be promoted on Frost herp a derp. Because there's something awfully wrong with front-route capping on that map, yea... Next up: promote front route capping on Stygian. Yeah nevermind the original stygian base design screaming in your face 'u no fruntcap', just like the frost flagstand was screaming 'u no sidecap w/o OD'...

You know what? Just change all of the flag stands so that they're approachable from all angles, clear out ALL of the obstacles in bases all around the stands... then call it the Legacy Project... lol

95209a691a593b232722112a5fff265c.png

stefygraff

Private Tester
Instead of making a mess out of FB and Core,lets try to fix Forgotten and Mirage ffs. And what about a Zenith size Bladerun? Im sure that will work fine.
My presonal demand is to change terrain on all the maps, i.e. make Frostbyte a grass map and change the namel, give it an other sky and relight! A few maps really deserve these kind of changes...

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Ok ok ok, I've realised about an hour ago that there has been a MONSTEROUS miscommunication between all of us. I should be able to explain why after work, in about 1 1/2 hours to 2. It's ok, your maps SHOULD be fine. Stop the hate for now till I explain.

EDIT: Ok, so there are 2 things that need stated, the first is not as important, but it gives you an idea of what I do.

First thing I do with any map is pump out a concept of what I am looking for: takes 5-30 minutes. This is what you guys all see in these pictures. Then I start changing things around to what people give me for feedback. As of right now, every picture is just a mock up of what I was looking to do. that is all.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, everything I am doing is for fun. None of the changes you see may even come to fruitation. Not Frost, Not Core, not Moon, nothing. Most maps in legions are bad, and I want to change them. Along the way I may come up with an idea that could provoke people. (gave every person here a heart attack with that Frost picture.) So dont get all pissy for stupid *chocolate cookies*. YES Core is changing. No its not set in stone. Put down your pitch forks. Put down your torches. Put down the blow up doll.

Everything. Will. Be. Fine.

Ok ok ok, I've realised about an hour ago that there has been a MONSTEROUS miscommunication between all of us. I should be able to explain why after work, in about 1 1/2 hours to 2. It's ok, your maps SHOULD be fine. Stop the hate for now till I explain.

EDIT: Ok, so there are 2 things that need stated, the first is not as important, but it gives you an idea of what I do.

First thing I do with any map is pump out a concept of what I am looking for: takes 5-30 minutes. This is what you guys all see in these pictures. Then I start changing things around to what people give me for feedback. As of right now, every picture is just a mock up of what I was looking to do. that is all.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, everything I am doing is for fun. None of the changes you see may even come to fruitation. Not Frost, Not Core, not Moon, nothing. Most maps in legions are bad, and I want to change them. Along the way I may come up with an idea that could provoke people. (gave every person here a heart attack with that Frost picture.) So dont get all pissy for stupid *chocolate cookies*. YES Core is changing. No its not set in stone. Put down your pitch forks. Put down your torches. Put down the blow up doll.

Everything. Will. Be. Fine.
You're still not getting it, why change core when there have been over 10 Euros that have posted against it in this thread.
All these changes are bad. Why would Frostbyte and Core need a change.

Belberith

Legions Developer
My opinion on Core is that it needs, at the very least, terrain smoothing everywhere. I know I'm not much of a capper, but I find it inordinately difficult to find a fast route on Core without constantly smacking into odd dents and edges.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
You're still not getting it, why change core when there have been over 10 Euros that have posted against it in this thread.
All these changes are bad. Why would Frostbyte and Core need a change.

You dont get it it, Muk:
The original sniper was changed because it was over powered, and yet 20-30 threads sprang up after it trying to detail why it was fine. Simply because a majority says one thing, doesn't mean it is true or right.

There were tests for new iOD for the Heavy, new physics, new weapons, new maps, new flag physics, smaller flags, Inside bases on Frost, tweaks, changes, and even things that were brought back (cluster on raider). Everything here is a test to see if it can be made better. It WILL NOT HURT TO TRY IT FOR THE HELL OF IT (read for the fun of it).

again, You dont get it it, Muk:
MORE IMPORTANTLY, everything I am doing is for fun.

Are you able to understand or are you still derping????

I am not doing it to piss people off. I am doing it as a fun 'what if' idea. I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF CHANGING FROST
--EXEMPT--
FROSTBYTE
-Its Frost

Core is not so lucky, its not an all out love fest, there are even a few people that want to see these changes because it can help make the map more fun.
Core is really good, just needs to be tweaked so that less people are required for flag defence/chase. Make bases more biased towards the defenders/chasers and it'll be cool.
It's a good map and all but the flag stand NEEDS to be changed.
And I can cap on core just fine, but the flagstand just sucks ass where it is right now.
Core base needs to be fixed up to play better - the flag stand is pretty awful.

Original
part 1: the one everyone hated (but with less terrain movement)
Part 2: (I *dancing* hate sitting on that stand, soooooo) <- this one seems better.
OOB Change? would this help?

Xtreme

shaska's bff
My opinion on Core is that it needs, at the very least, terrain smoothing everywhere. I know I'm not much of a capper, but I find it inordinately difficult to find a fast route on Core without constantly smacking into odd dents and edges.

in t1 there were no smooth hills but cappers still managed to make smooth routes out of the terrain. besides there should be a compromise if someone wants to take fast routes, so losing some health is not so crazy. change is good but doesn't necessarily mean we have to make things easier

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

There are many viable routes on core, you just have to look real hard. The skill level of this game should not be lowered because that in my opinion is one of the best things going for it.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
So much mad in here. For the record what Contingency is doing is all his own project. It is not he is changing the maps and we are instantly taking them. There will be testing, maybe some will be better, maybe some will be worse. Maybe the maps will change and maybe they won't. He can literally do whatever the *dance* he wants, it's not like these are instantly going live after he changes them, hell most of them probably won't even go live. There ARE testers for a reason people, calm the *dance* down.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
in t1 there were no smooth hills but cappers still managed to make smooth routes out of the terrain. besides there should be a compromise if someone wants to take fast routes, so losing some health is not so crazy. change is good but doesn't necessarily mean we have to make things easier
T1 also had jump skiing, not slide skiing

:p

Frez

The skill level of this game should not be lowered because that in my opinion is one of the best things going for it.
I agree with Wild, the toughness of this game should not be changed because it is the greatest quality of this game!

57thEnryu

not true, I have a route on beta that can get me to nearly 300 (it could probably get me to 300+ if I tried harder) Only problem is that it takes me right between the posts on either side of the flag stand, which also means it hidden until the last possible second, but also means that about 75% of the time I crater on a post.........ok 90%

there are also quite a few other good 200+ routes on that map, sooo, capping is good. and if your gona complain about the stand for hoffing, well dont, that stand and fallout are some of my favorite to hof on b/c there is so little room for the capper to OD

Propkid

<Clears up some stuff, explains>

Core is not so lucky, its not an all out love fest, there are even a few people that want to see these changes because it can help make the map more fun.

<proceeds to quote me>

All cool now, sorta. Just state what you're doing to each map in terms of O/D/cap/chase. People here use this word called "better" a lot, yet they don't define it and we all end up confused, unsatisfied and angry. After all, these maps might end up being played on.

I wish you good luck... and patience to deal with this thread :D

MightyDeath

NO. It will make it easier, not more *fun*. And everyone clearly knows that.
Just because 5 people say the flag stand is awful, let's just change it, *dance* the euros they don't matter, they are like only 30% of the community.