Just a few more people?

k e v i n

Private Tester
Badlands (one of the community maps) would be great for an intro to skiing. Also, I think that somebody with power on the forums should find all the tutorials people have written up (weapons guides, of which I have written one, etc.) and group them together in some way, and then a link can be provided in the Launcher to "Tutorials and Guides" or something that has written weapons guides, and video tutorials on Skiing, and a basic rundown of CTF in a game like Legions, because CTF is way different from more common games like Halo, where its simply a process of fighting into the flag room, grabbing it, and fighting your way back.

i liked back in instant action it showed the 3 different classes and showed a bar which shows how much armor they have, their speed, and weight...it also showed the different weapons and how much damage it can deal....THAT made me understand what the different classes were, and which i should choose since i was new and didn't know wht class to choose

also i've seen a few new ppl that didn't know how to play because they didn't know to press esc /options/ keybindings...maybe the controls can also be posted in the "Tutorials and Guides" section

an updated version would also be nice'ish
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/my-youtube.3965/#post-77602

Mots0311

I dont think there is a faster, more exciting game out there. I just worry this game will die out with no new fresh players joining. I remember some newbe coming in that was probably a seasoned gamer elsewhere and just assumed everyone was aimboting. To him it was the logical conclussion to make since he couldnt come close to hitting anyone. Legions needs a big time tutorial. I'm still learning things I didnt know you could do.

WhiteHawk

As for the type of advertising, well, there's a few options that are being looked at, and Seymour imagines that the hardcore Legionnaires will likely be a part of making the advertising a success.

hardcore Legionnaires = Jordan,Pilot,Freeman556,Sin,Triad,SeymourGore,RisingSun,Deck,Skepsis,Shady,BlackHawk,Shakie,Kevin & his 2 brothers,Pop,Jicker,Okenry,Bell,Dabbleh,Trinium,WhiteHawk,Muktar,BugGirl,UCan,ZanteWarrior,Karnage,Vanquish,Pure,Armageddon and others.

I just named a lot of players that are good over all or at certain things.

It would probably take YEARS to complete this game at the rate of which we've seen, (And they probably have more to do, since I've heard turrets and night maps were being added). I think they should set a 'date' on when they should advertise, like New Year of 2013 or whatever. I think these big corporations are going to manage to put out some games that can compete with this, if we don't advertise it soon. Don't forget, they released *Tribes: Ass-End*, how soon do you think another corporation can release a better game than that? I know L:O is imo, THE BEST GAME out. We do need more players, to test the updates too. And isn't it better to start with a larger initial player base? It's not like everyone here on the forums play it every day.....

(Btw, WhiteHawk, I notice you included your own name XD)

Badpox

Private Tester
hardcore Legionnaires = Jordan,Pilot,Freeman556,Sin,Triad,SeymourGore,RisingSun,Deck,Skepsis,Shady,BlackHawk,Shakie,Kevin & his 2 brothers,Pop,Jicker,Okenry,Bell,Dabbleh,Trinium,WhiteHawk,Muktar,BugGirl,UCan,ZanteWarrior,Karnage,Vanquish and others.

hardcore.jpg

Armageddon

Teapot
hardcore Legionnaires = Jordan,Pilot,Freeman556,Sin,Triad,SeymourGore,RisingSun,Deck,Skepsis,Shady,BlackHawk,Shakie,Kevin & his 2 brothers,Pop,Jicker,Okenry,Bell,Dabbleh,Trinium,WhiteHawk,Muktar,BugGirl,UCan,ZanteWarrior,Karnage,Vanquish and others.

I just named a lot of players that are good over all or at certain things.

I was not mentioned. This thread is invalid.

GReaper

Grumpy
What is this "completion"? What qualifies as completed?

Good question, it's something we're currently asking ourselves at the moment. So, what do you think the game needs to be officially out of beta?

So far we've held back on saying that we're no longer in beta because a first users impression of the game is so vital. We've had many issues over the past year which have caused problems and we've fixed them, yet there are still some things which are absolutely unacceptable to say that we're out of beta without fixing them.

Propkid

Good question, it's something we're currently asking ourselves at the moment. So, what do you think the game needs to be officially out of beta?

Not all are necessities, but if this was an ideal world:
  • Finish all weapon balancing and skins.
  • Deployables, balancing, skins.
  • Some basic tutorial now that players can host their own servers.
  • Embedded IRC to form some kind of lobby.
  • Fix all known bugs (duh).
  • UI makeover.
  • Demo system polishing.
  • Server hosting simplification (UI).
  • A firmer/larger community (before going out of beta) + a proper admin group/system.
  • Adding some user-created-content into the official client (maps, skins, scripts).
  • In-game script handling UI would be nice (list, enable/disable, recommended scripts).
  • Scoring system makeover.
  • Finishing other game types (yes yes, CTF is the gametype, but there should be more out by release. Spice it up sometime).
  • Preset graphics setting would be nice too (Lite, normal, max, HD).
  • Alongside with embedded IRC: a mini-announcement menu feature controlled by admins and devs (PUG organization, server downtime, tip of the day, the aussies get-together etc etc blah blah).
  • Crippling smurfing: player name = account name. At least make it harder.

And more that I can't think of now.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Personally I think the UI side is what needs to look slick, I mean I know you'll say that we should wait then do that, but most of the stuff can be done now. UI really makes a game look a lot more professional. It would be cool if we could get higher quality images for buttons and stuff.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally I think the UI side is what needs to look slick, I mean I know you'll say that we should wait then do that, but most of the stuff can be done now. UI really makes a game look a lot more professional. It would be cool if we could get higher quality images for buttons and stuff.

I vouch for this, T:A may be a *chocolate cookies* game, but at least their UI looks *dancing* good.

k e v i n

Private Tester
this may be a stupid question, but wht's UI?

and i like the presest graphics setting...maybe you can go into options and be able to set how good or bad you want your graphics to be

Belberith

Legions Developer
UI is User Interface, so all the menus you see.
I agree with that, being able to change graphics settings either in-game or from the main menu would be useful.

Robbz

I know this game is still deep in the development process, and we shouldn't advertise it yet, but cant we just do it a weeeittle? Sorry, its just depressing that theres only 1-2 games going on the live server at a time, neither of them ever full. Even less in the public test. In all honesty, to make the game as good as it ought to be, I think we need some more people to come on test it out (I don't want leejunz to die!)

From what I see in this community is that a large majority blames things in the game for not having players when it's the best kept secret in gaming! Yes for now we can't advertise paid ads, but we can sure pop on every gaming forum u can think of and openly recruit people via puplic ventrilo, teamspeak, or mumble servers. Heck we can even use Facebook to get it around. If everyone make themselves into an advertiser we can have more players than IA did back in the day. Here are some ways to start letting the world know....

1. Tell your friends
I mean come on, if your other gaming buddies don't know already how could you live with yourself?

2. Gaming forums
We all go to a few at the very least, why not pop a few pms or drop a thread or 2 just to have people check us out.

3. Meeting random gamers online!
We have all done it, gone to some random puplic teamspeak server and tried to find a group to play some games with. Why not let that random know about us? He might have friends, you don't know.

4. Home-made hand-outs
Note that this is for people who are crafty. I had the idea while I told my friend at work about how great legions was and he had me write the info down on paper so he could try us when he got home. Why not make note cards or business cards advertising legions we can give out to friends, family, co-workers, or even that home-less bum on the corner ? (cuz you know he plays computer games at the local library at least) To do this does take time, ink, and paper but it works so well! Give it a try, and if you don't want to make one, I know someone on these forums would make you something to print out if you are not artistic.

5. Social Networking
I mean come on, people tweet about there daily poop, why not about the game you love right? For this I believe we even have a Facebook page to link right? Go! I want to see someone to tell mark zuckerberg before this weekend is done! No excuses!

Just some thoughts...

Robbz

tree

There's definitely a steep learning curve. And in honor of you, I think I shall give Legends a try :). And I know the devs are really hard at work, but I think it would benefit everyone to have have tutorials, ranging from movement controls to positions to example cap routes. It wouldn't even have to be interactive; it could just be a text doc with pictures saying "if you boost up to about yay high, then boost down to hit this hill, you can come down on this hill, giving you a clear shot at the flag.

I was thinking about maybe on saturday mornings there could be a mini training camp for new players.. Just basics like skiing boost and other stuff but I'd need help.. Just a suggestion though.

xzzxxz

id be glad to help out with tutorials since i have some time on my hands and i also have been teaching some new people lately and lemme tell u they NEED a tutorial session badly.

tree

Thanks and you're right, but some players DON'T want to be taught because they think they are good enough, like tubbydunebuggy. So long as the players involved in the training cooperate though it'd be good :) just need to find new players willing to come :)