Full Devotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Well done, Legionnaires. Your final lesson has arrived.

Lesson Three

01110000 01100111 # 100000010
x is A thead skam mounted in an tampertan laywhal sends its wen tentan into a taste of anorapia
x = 03 135 152 117 ___
XlUtb.png
You're getting close. Put it all together.
y = x + 1
To know why you must ask.

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.
-Albert Einstein

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Nice little anagram going on there.
x is "A death mask mounted in an apartment hallway sends its new tenant into a state of paranoia"

That's a quote from the movie Hex. Looks like we know how to decipher part of this.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
x is in hexadecimal, then?

edit: if the binary strings are converted to hexadecimal, they are 70, 67, and 102. If they are converted to letters, then the first two are P and G, there is no letter for the third string. That's all I've got right now.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
The number sequence fits a cubic regression equation perfectly (R^2 = 1) Following that, the fifth number is 93

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
"y = x + 1

To know why you must ask."
"To know why" and "y= x+1"​
Perhaps this is a play on words?​

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Just a thought - pg is a Unix command to retrieve text files and the # sign is used in Unix. Though I don't really know much about Unix to speak definitively about it.

pg # probably means page number. The question is, page number from what book?

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I think the community has lost some stamina on this whole puzzle thingy. I think the picture of the guy is important. Otherwise it wouldn't be included. He looks like if Alexander Graham Bell and Sigmund Freud had a lovechild.

Dreamer

The main difficulty is understanding how the pieces really fit together. It feels like we're trying to force pieces from different puzzles.

xlr8434

with some help from my friend tony the brains i think you guys may want to look at this
Tony
Let's see here....
The first one:
in binary, pg#258

The second one:
x is A death mask mounted in an apartment hallway sends its new tenant into a state of paranoia
From research, it's from the movie Hex which came out in 2009. Could possibly be a clue to the

next one, saying that it's hexadecimal? x=hex
However, the misspelled words go in sets of two... 2, 3, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15, 17 except for 15

and 17...

Third one:
x = 03 135 152 117 ___ (other people suggested 93)
x= hex so x = QR or x = QRy
Could be a .qry file? (QUERY)
In SQL, a query is the name of its commands, which it uses on the database. It perfroms an

operation dealing with data... Such as selecting, changing, or creating new objects in the

database.
If we fill in the numbers of the words from the quote, we get this:
Death into in state A paranoia... or Death into in state sends apartment
Maybe A XAMask XMaskIs XXIn
Maybe A new mask into is x state
Maybe a new mask into is sends in
Maybe A x a mask a mask is x x in

Maybe it's decimal into hex. So that means x is going to be hex, so you're supposed to convert

it to hex.
03 87 98 75

Fourth one:
I'd know that guy from anywhere, that's Ivan Pavlov, a Russian physiologist... Known for his

discovery of the "Conditioned Reflex," which is a learned reflex, as opposed to an instinctive

one. He discovered that you could train mammals to respond in a certain way to a particular

stimulus... For example, he did an experiment that before he would feed the dogs, he would

ring a bell. Therefore, the dogs linked the bell with food and would begin to salivate. He

won the Nobel prize in 1904, but not for reflexes; for his studies in figuring out how the

digestive system worked.
Ivan Petrovich Pavlov

Fifth one:
Hmmm... Not quite sure...
pg#258QRyPavlov
pg#258 query Pavlov... Maybe there's a database somewhere where you go to 258 and change it to
Pavlov?
On the 258th line in the Wikipedia source for Pavlov it leads to the Copley Medal, which he won

in 1915 "On the ground of his investigations in the physiology of digestion and of the higher

centres of the nervous system"

Sixth one:
y=x+1 is a graph... but we could fill in the x (although I don't think that's right...)
y=hex+1 y=QRy+1

Seventh one:
To know y you must ask. What is y? Y is x + 1. What is x? x is hex, x = 03 135 152 117 or x = 03 87 98 75
See More

• Tony-Maybe the numbers make the number of the book?

• Tony- I'm thinking Dewey Decimal system...

• Tony-‎003 Systems, 135 Dreams and mysteries, 152 Perception, movement, emotions, and drives, 117 Structure...
    003 Systems, 087 Collections in Slavic languages, 098 Prohibited works, forgeries & hoaxes, 075 Newspapers in Italy & adjacent islands
credit goes to my good friend tonyXD will anybody tell me if this is right or wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.