Bin Laden

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Osama was buried in the sea to respect his culture and show dignity.
His culture for some reason required the body to be buried in the sea within 24 hours of his death.
A bunch of people said that in my school, including teachers so I believe them.
Yes this is true, various news outlets have confirmed this. In all honesty, that was the best possible options - burying him according to his tradition while denying al-Qaeda the ability to make a complete martyr out of him.

Freeman

RAYTANG
403f264929d963c3aebeda8dd984e654.jpg

Armageddon

Teapot
Liked this one better. From gusnyc.com

osama-bin-laden-is-dead.jpg

Congratulations America, it only took 10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths, and $1,188,263,000,000 to get Osama Bin Laden. Let's try a little harder next time, or holler at Chuck Norris.

Redvan

Private Tester
Osama was buried in the sea to respect his culture and show dignity.
His culture for some reason required the body to be buried in the sea within 24 hours of his death.
A bunch of people said that in my school, including teachers so I believe them.

Culture required him to be buried within 24hrs of death. Not necessarily at sea. Reason they did at sea was to prevent his burial spot from becoming a shrine.

Culture required him to be buried within 24hrs of death. Not necessarily at sea. Reason they did at sea was to prevent his burial spot from becoming a shrine.
Exactly. Moreover, the "burial at sea" is actually seen as hugely disrespectful and that puts a lot of Arabic leaders in a tight spot. They can't really celebrate this news, and they can't really condemn it. The result is relative silence and doubt in those countries.

They say Osama is dead. Wouldnt It be really suprising if He really didnt die. Google has many death dates of Osama, Surely I am sad for his death but happy we wont be nervous about bombings on our country. R.I.P
His death is only significant in its symbolism. He's not the president of terroristland. He's simply the guy who funded the organisation which led the 9/11 attacks. I'd think his death will make very little difference in world safety. If anything it might be a blow to their moral, but I can't help thinking he's more powerful as a martyr than a leader.

His death is only significant in its symbolism. He's not the president of terroristland. He's simply the guy who funded the organisation which led the 9/11 attacks. I'd think his death will make very little difference in world safety. If anything it might be a blow to their moral, but I can't help thinking he's more powerful as a martyr than a leader.

As Aereo said, the death of 1 important terrorist does not mean someone will NOT pop up to take his place whether in the form of another person or another group.

So, hearing about this news caused me to accidentally spill Pepsi all over my keyboard. Pressing my space key feels like it's just floating on glue. I press it and it takes a few extra seconds to pop back up into place. -.- FU OSAMA.

On a side note, anyone know how to fix this? I tried popping out the keys and rubbing it down with rubbing alcohol, but I can't really find the source of the stickyness. It seems pretty clean, but about 10 of my lower keys aren't functioning properly.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
poor fire ;(

The best thing I heard about this was on Colbert when he showed the president laughing hard at a where is osama joke like 3 days before they got him.

RainPilot

stinky bear
Heard this one today during Guard weekend: "New drink called the Osama: 2 shots and a splash of water"
I heard that from a friend today haha.

Someone told me that the 7/11's are closed too.. I didn't laugh but though I should share.

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
"The writers of the al-Qaida statement appeared unaware of the U.S. announcement that bin Laden’s body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden’s body and demanded that it be handed over to his family, saying “any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves.”"

DERP

SAUCE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...et-statement/2011/05/06/AFVEBL7F_story_1.html

"The writers of the al-Qaida statement appeared unaware of the U.S. announcement that bin Laden’s body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden’s body and demanded that it be handed over to his family, saying “any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves.”"

DERP

SAUCE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...et-statement/2011/05/06/AFVEBL7F_story_1.html

"Appeared unaware" or "did not to believe", depending on what media you're reading. It's not derp.

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
"Appeared unaware" or "did not to believe", depending on what media you're reading. It's not derp.
Well it's kinda derp for us... I mean, it's not like we would've handed over the body even if they'd made their demands in time, cuz like someone back there said, they would've made a shrine of some kind. It's just... we already know they're gonna attack us in retaliation at some point, and then you read down and hit the "Give the body back or else" part and it's like... DOH.
.. y'know?