Legions International Competitive League - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

57thEnryu

Ok, with Public Test servers being so stable and live about to be hugely updated, I think it is now time for the Legions International Competitive League! The rules have been tweaked slightly, they are as follows:

Gameplay:
  • Each team will consist of a 10 man roster, with matches being 7v7
  • Round Robin system (all team get to play equal amount of games with points given in the game. team with most points at end of season wins)
    • If there is a tie at end of season it will be decided by a 1 match playoff
  • There will be 2 matches per game with alternating alpha-beta sides
  • Home/away servers will be predetermined (not via coin flip)
  • Teams will pick sides depending on a coin toss (winner of toss will chose which side they want to play first, alpha or beta)
  • Map will be predetermined for each round of the tournament
  • There is no rescheduling so we can get this tournament moving and not have us wait for a team to get people
  • Each team must submit 2 screen-shots of the final score, one for each match
    • If your team does not submit a screen shot within 24-hours of the match, you automaticaly forefit that match.
  • Substitutions will be allowed but only if 5 of your original players are on
    • Subs will be chosen on agreement between the captains of each team.
  • The tournament is planned to be held during a weekend during early afternoon hours (est) and evening hours (euros).
  • Servers will be located in a central point for all players involved.
Rules:
  • Sniper Limit set to 1
  • No blatant rabbiting to prolong game or prevent score
  • No turtling
  • HoF Limit set to 1
  • Breaking the rules will result in a loss on that match, and therefore the game/set
Maps:
  • Frostbyte
  • Zenith
  • Fallout
  • Core
  • Elegiac
  • Reactor
Scoring:
  • Match Win = 1pt
  • Match Tie = 0.5pt
  • Game Win = 2pt
  • Game Tie = 1pt
Bracket:
LICL-LICL.png

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
What the *dance* is wrong with you league makers. Always setting limits on snipers and Heavies on Flag. Team captains should *dancing* decide what tactics they want to play, not you. (Obviously having more than 1 of each might not be ideal, but I believe in the team captain having that choice to decide what he wants to play (i.e. 2 heavies on core might be a certain tactic that even I might want to play))

Everything else imo is fine.

Sin

Private Tester
The pug constitution has two of each for a reason, one is too limiting. Snipe, eh I agree. HoF?
Also, add Reactor to that map list, you should.

Freeman

RAYTANG
What the *dance* is wrong with you league makers. Always setting limits on snipers and Heavies on Flag. Team captains should *dancing* decide what tactics they want to play, not you. (Obviously having more than 1 of each might not be ideal, but I believe in the team captain having that choice to decide what he wants to play (i.e. 2 heavies on core might be a certain tactic that even I might want to play))
these are the rules for THIS league. in order to prevent people from complaining about whats fair or not fair, certain things have to be limited.

c'mon fireblasto, if YOU dont like these rules, YOU dont have to participate. same with everyone else

YOU can also make a different league with different rules if YOU please.

YOOOOOOOOUU

stefygraff

Private Tester

Everything else imo is fine.

... the rules are alright

57thEnryu

I figure I might as well announce this now (I was gonna wait till later to see how many signed up but since that's not the case nvm)

First of all, the prize: The winning team will get $250 worth of gift cards to newegg.com (which is $25/person). In addition, some of the matches will be streamed live on twitch.tv. Depending on how many teams we actually have we might have 2 matches/night on Saturday and maybe Sunday.

57thEnryu

uh, I should note that this is still primarily CLAN BASED teams, so you can only form your own team if

a. your caln will not be participating
b. your clan had more than 10 ppl and you are not on the team
c. your clan had less than 10 ppl and you needs some subs

Sin

Private Tester
-ET- THIS ROSTER IS PENDING.
Sin
Shady
Shaska
Freeman
Unexistent
BlackHawk
Mukhtar
Jicker
Blabla
Ucan
Possible subs: M1KE

uh, I should note that this is still primarily CLAN BASED teams, so you can only form your own team if

a. your caln will not be participating
b. your clan had more than 10 ppl and you are not on the team
c. your clan had less than 10 ppl and you needs some subs
clan*

Also is the server going to be TX, CL, or IL? Since you want to put it in the middle.

57thEnryu

um, well with servers its kinda a toss-up b/c of euro teams. What id like to do is alternate between "home" servers for each clan (one game on the preferred server of one team, then alternate to the other team). The other thing that is yet to be determined is what the schedule will be, it depends on the number of teams, but either way I wana spread it out over a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.