Laser Rifle

Aki

@op: whoar moar, noob. LR is already as close to op'd as you can get without hax.

For those who don't know, I'm especially jaded towards LR.

Freeman

RAYTANG
I don't know how much you guys try to chase with LR but apparently it seems that it is common knowledge that you can't do it, yet some people are able to do it. It is weird. How they are able to do it and majority is not?
It's plain and simple, skill.

Aki

not just that. hornet only has ammo of 10 and I think the sniper has 15. I run out of ammo so quick.

I sort of agree with a damage boost too for just outrider and raider and nurf for sentinel. the good snipers need a brake if you ask me.

"Good" snipers don't need a break.

If anything, snipers should be nerfed. I don't honestly believe that's necessary, but I would rather that than any other change to weapon balancing.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Chaingun was overpowered. They nerfed it to 5 damage points rather than 8 damage points per shell.
It wasn't really overpowered on IA, but we changed it because the netfix made it powerful enough to be a problem. The chaingun was originally 11 (!) damage per projectile (with a faster refire rate) before the patch that took down its RoF and damage.

MJ1284

@op: whoar moar, noob. LR is already as close to op'd as you can get without hax.

For those who don't know, I'm especially jaded towards LR.

Likewise buddy, likewise. Or rather, LR itself ain't bad but 90% of the people who use it brings out the worst of it.

Vinzyboy23

It wasn't really overpowered on IA, but we changed it because the netfix made it powerful enough to be a problem. The chaingun was originally 11 (!) damage per projectile (with a faster refire rate) before the patch that took down its RoF and damage.
That's why CGII was removed.

Disci

Old man
It's plain and simple, skill.

54rc45m...
rolleyes.png

bethal

2 shots for outrider and 3 for raider (on full health) you get about 10 seconds to use it fully within the defending area and most of the time a lot less time thanks to them annoying walls. and yes, I've tried the chasing and it makes it hard to snipe seen as both you and target are moving and I have disabled power behind me. so being hornet. as hornet I then run out of ammo very fast, and usually find myself either annoyed I can't switch to rocket fast enough or I have ran out of ammo once again. as the sniper class I don't feel safe running into enemy base as I have no good sparring weapon, I can live sometimes with CG but not always. so, I failed sniping once again because I didn;'t take enough health of capper. so do I just watch them in there base from unsnipeable possition, instead I could go close and kill capper while a close-range guy helps. but I get mowned at.

sorry but hornet needs sorting out and sniper needs some love all over. it's not ganna get OP enough so everyone plays it lets be honest, people only hate it cos they cant fight back half the time

Disci

Old man
Maybe you should stick at your base and take down health of the incoming capper and drop down those who OD away with your flag. Your base has ammo stations so you wouldn't run out ammo. If chasing and O is too hard for you as a sniper then it might be because of you, not because that class is too weak.

Ever wonder that you might not be the best player around here? What if sniper classes gets a puff and then someone who actually knows how to play with one will rape each and everyone on the server because it's so damn easy to hit people with it nowdays. I would be annoyed, wouldn't you be annoyed too?

Reactions: Aki

bethal

I don't think I'm the best sniper. and I have yet to find a good enough sniper too annoy me. only found 2 good one's and both couldn't always hit a capper, and both were very weak when close range and once missed there slight gap at helping went out of base to "osnipe" and helped retrieve flag from there million defenders. seen as the class is redundant at the moment and better when is replaced with any other class. either people not mind snipers helping attack enemy flag carrier or a mild upgrade giving ability to 2shot a raider is all I say. and no, it's not over powered. the whole point of the class is accuracy so I doubt a "noob" would master is easy, it still very much would be a hard class to play.

and no it wouldn't annoy if one guy goes around raping everyone cos there are already enough "pro" rockit spammers to counter act them...

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
"Good" snipers don't need a break.

If anything, snipers should be nerfed. I don't honestly believe that's necessary, but I would rather that than any other change to weapon balancing.

Snipers do need a break.

And learn to adapt to a sniper on the other team before crying NERF!

Straight lines.

Straight lines.

Kryst

Private Tester
Pretty sure Hornet is fine as it stands now from my experience. Its just not a very forgiving class. If you miss, you feel it, with your life. :p

Braiken

Snipers are fine as they are. If they got some teammate protecting them, thus allowing the sniper to shoot undisturbed, they can be beasts. In close range especially against more than one (and nearly equal in skill) opponent it's hard to stand your ground, but that's it snipers aren't made for front combat. Taking the energy consumption away would make snipers a lot more mobile which would really be overpowered. Also if you don't like the long reload time of the hornet, change to sniper.

side note: bethal you will never become a good sniper unless you stop osniping the enemy defense (which is easy to hit really)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Braiken, I'll have to agree. I played a game with three good snipers in our base, we lost, BUT not for lack of defensive power. The LR, as is, is a powerful defensive weapon, and decent for chasing since you don't need to move to kill the carrier. Also, the amount of hits it takes to kill certain classes varies on distance, as the damage drops over distance. However, I don't think it needs to be nerfed, either. I only had one problem with the LR, but the netfix got rid of that problem.

phanakapan

Private Tester
I think the damage of the current sniper rifle is fine, as well as the range and the drop off with range. I just think the mechanics are lame. The current sniper is point and click. When chasing, you can fire at any time, skiing or in midair, with the only drawback being that damage is dependent on energy. This means snipe chasing is relatively easy. It also means overdrive sniping is pointless. With the original mechanic, you couldnt ski or jet while charging up to shoot, making chasing with it much more dependent on managing your jets and being aware of the terrain. It also made overdrive sniping a viable and often necessary mechanic. The problem with the old sniper rifle was entirely based on the fact that it did far too much damage, and the beam hung around doing damage over time (the only benefit to this is that the sniper rifle didn't rely completely on ping, one could be effective even with 100+ ping). It made laying a sniper beam across the flag a bit before someone grabbed pretty much a one shot kill and didnt require any aiming. it was also much less dependent on pin point accuracy since you could lay down a shot in a wide area in front of someones trajectory and still do at least some damage.

I would LOVE to see the old sniper mechanic with the new damage, range, damage reduction with range, and instant beam. I miss OD sniping :(

bethal

I don't Osnipe for giggles I do it tachtically like helping the flag returner kill him. it's very effective seen as you need 2 people then. as well I can defend our flag holder at base on the smaller maps. as for some random shots. If I'm bored at base, no one is capping ofc I'm ganna shoot from my base to a still standing defender to jazz them up abit. not ganna waste my class just because people don't like it.

when I said before was slightly wrong tbh, and I admit, the outrider sniper class is fine the way it is tbh. but I still think hornet needs some love seen as it's made like a chaser in my opinion and yes if I miss once I won't be able to follow from then. best I've had is to follow and shoot with rockits and just spam and if they do a high jump, do the same high jump, run out of energy and shoot then.

I don't know how the machnics work for sniper but in close range the damage seems alot less. I constantly get people duelling me in sniper so I play hornet if it gets messy. but it seems silly sniper only hits like 10% some times, is weird.

and it's not instant :p small gap in far range shots