Cores

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
oh...

Does anyone have any ideas that might work for HoF's? It kinda seems like they're getting left out with all these new cores because iOD is so important/powerful...

I'm just trying to think of something that wouldn't pigeonhole them into using iOD without making the ability to block cappers skillless.

I think the shield core idea would be good for the HoF's whether you decide to make the shield for frontal use only or all around.

Also I was reading someone's post about maybe a smokescreen equip able... I think thank would be nice as a grenade, you can make it throw able like the frag and boost grenade and as it explodes it provides a smoke that will disable any indicators in the smoke and make it hard to see objects.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I think the shield core idea would be good for the HoF's whether you decide to make the shield for frontal use only or all around.

Also I was reading someone's post about maybe a smokescreen equip able... I think thank would be nice as a grenade, you can make it throw able like the frag and boost grenade and as it explodes it provides a smoke that will disable any indicators in the smoke and make it hard to see objects.
How would the shield help HoF's? Sure, they'd survive longer, but it doesn't really help them stop cappers.

Smoke grenades won't work because you can just swap out the images with your own which are empty and thus do not obscure vision.

That_Guy

oooo i have another idea.
Overheat core: makes you chaingun, plasma not overheat for a certain amount of time. Can only be used 2 times per life. if you wanted to do something really special with it, make it so that when you shoot others with chainguns or plasmas, they overheat much faster than usual

How about a teleporting core/respawn core you throw down a spawn beacon and you can either teleport to it or respawn on it after dying
how about you boost the way you're looking? it could help with cappers too!

How would the shield help HoF's? Sure, they'd survive longer, but it doesn't really help them stop cappers.

Smoke grenades won't work because you can just swap out the images with your own which are empty and thus do not obscure vision.
unlimited mortar ammo...do it now

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
as far as a "thermal transfer" core.. Eh... Given how people respawn like mad two times per life isn't much of a restriction.

I'd like to see a boost/dodge core.

Though an ammo core would probably be very easy to do.

Libra

How about a speed core nullifies all armor and drag to give you pure speed when you need it the most some times the best defense is an offense zipping around your enemies

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Hmm... That's actually not that bad of an idea... Instill a status on yourself that the lower your health is, the lower your mass is and reduce your health to something like 5%.

Idk how to implement it exactly, but that sounds good in theory at least. Would take work to make it balanced though.

Still though, does anyone have ideas for HoF's? Lot's of ideas for everybody else, just not them :(

Fixious

Test Lead
how about an energy core

tumblr_lfcikvUcSb1qbvc38o1_500.png

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In the source folder for the shield core, I have a prototypical energy core. Passive ones just aren't as fun to use so I didn't release it when I did the shield.

Libra

How about a core that laces all projectiles with poison so they all become DoT weapons lol

A stealth core hides your ifv signal and turns you invisible no jet stream pure invisibility you can't touche the flag while invisible tho lol

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
How about a core that laces all projectiles with poison so they all become DoT weapons lol

A stealth core hides your ifv signal and turns you invisible no jet stream pure invisibility you can't touche the flag while invisible tho lol
lol no.

Jamming core would be fine though. And a stealth core could just turn off your IFF and jets. It needn't make you actually invisible.

Fixious

Test Lead
lol no.

Jamming core would be fine though. And a stealth core could just turn off your IFF and jets. It needn't make you actually invisible.

The Scramber in *Tribes: Ass-End* has this feature. Damn annoying actually. Plus, player models are hard enough to see as-is, at least from a distance. But whatever. Could be cool.

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester

Im thinking a shield that surrounds the player a radius away and is physical so that people cannot just pass through it. It can serve to physically block cappers by creating a radius around the flag that cannot be touched and also in stand offs it can help the HoF's survive longer

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If it had it's own hitbox, it would get funky if you turned it on while someone was standing there. Shields should only interact with projectiles if anything. Anything else is OP. (you could also use it to glue yourself to a wall)

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
What about something like a flash EMP core..... when activated anyone within its radius when activated cannot have more than half there energy for 5 secs

This might not stop cappers from coming in but will definitely effect them returning home with flag