Combos are breaking the game.

I read the first page and a half and then got bored, and I thought I was a winger!

Whats so easy about doing a combo on someone? U have to be really close to do it, and if they can get that close then you probably deserve the combo! IMO

As for the boost it gives cappers, its not much of one AND takes health.

Combo's are fine, the actual nades are what make me laugh, its like someone popping a water balloon :)

Karnage

Private Tester
As for the boost it gives cappers, its not much of one
Yeah sure, the fact that people can boost from base to base on maps like Moonshine must be the 'not much' you are referring to. Try playing as HoF in a game where players actually know how to do this stuff and you will see what I mean.

I love them, I have had no problems you guys are talking about.... but I dont play much lately so maybe I am just blind.

Scissor players: Paper is fine but rock is OPd!!
Rock players: OMG, Nerf paper~!!!~!
Paper players: Eh, I've never had problems with Rock, but thousands of people will come back to play if Scissor players get nerfed!
Yep, you would have no problems with it, which is exactly my point. You would love it. Don't think about what you like though, think about the balance in the game. Where is the heavy in all this?

Society

I personally love the Hand Grenade combos. Do not remove them. Devs should know that people will always have something to QQ about.

Royalty

The Aussie
By your logic, we just need to have jump pads that launch us to each others bases and back; no skiing necessary. I mean, that would be the fastest way to gain speed right?.

By the way, by my logic you can only use the jump pads at your base not the ememy base, which means jump pads are basically only good for chasers, as jump pads inflict too much damage on a capper who is an outrider.

And I think me and all the other experienced cappers in this game can gain speed just fine without using a rocket jump, nade jump or jump pad. And grab the flag without llamaing. :cool:

Society

I mean come on ! This guy makes about 1k every game he plays what ware you bitching about? Let a newbie complain this like this in such manner, who have to deal with everyday pros who rapes the pubs.

Dacil

The problems aren't, I imagine, immediately obvious in pubs (or even most pugs). It's at higher levels of organized play that they'd surface.

never in pubs, pubs are useless except to practice or fool around....and pugs i've seen these things happen but the thing is i never remember having a problem with it or thinking "wth" so.. yeah

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
im not sure how it would be used to correct the llama and nade jump.. i agree its quite annoying. I believe the nades should serve a purpose other then to kill someone and to give you a boost... things like an instant shield.. or something of a gravity nade.

the nade jump is very similiar to ultra renegades, the only difference is the player has to shoot the round and takes health. I like the fact that i have something other then a weapon to play around with.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
If you are going to gripe about a small thing such as the nade... you wonder why there has ever been a content release well heres your reason why... Heres your sign.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Lets keep things on topic and not wrassle with each other. Anymore scrappin' in here will result in forced hugs.

Frosted

I don't think the devs should balance the game for comps just yet. They should make sure the pubs game are fun for everyone first and the tweak here and there for comps.

I think the worst thing about nade right now is the Flag-combo throw.

Nade jumping isn't so bad I use it a lot to chase and if I didn't have them it would be even harder to chase people doing quick routes.

I agree that combo are way easyer to get than Ma but they also do a lot less damage unless it's straight on but that would usually result in a Ma anyway.

Redvan

Private Tester
I don't think the devs should balance the game for comps just yet. They should make sure the pubs game are fun for everyone first and the tweak here and there for comps.

I think the worst thing about nade right now is the Flag-combo throw.

Nade jumping isn't so bad I use it a lot to chase and if I didn't have them it would be even harder to chase people doing quick routes.

I agree that combo are way easyer to get than Ma but they also do a lot less damage unless it's straight on but that would usually result in a Ma anyway.

the problem with balancing for PUBs is that it's not a game mechanic issue for the most part. It's an incompetence issue. 70% of the gripes people have with some game mechanic is more closely related to the fact that people aren't playing as a team in PUBs.

Yeah sure, the fact that people can boost from base to base on maps like Moonshine must be the 'not much' you are referring to. Try playing as HoF in a game where players actually know how to do this stuff and you will see what I mean.

when u say 'boost from base to base' u mean they do one to get off the base to the hill at the bottom on say moonshine? Then they ski the rest of the way is hardly much of an advantage especially seeing it takes a fair bit of health. I tried it after reading this thread and all it gives is a small push and nothing like a rocket jump (even as useless as the current one is).

personally I say let them as it means about half a dozen rounds less I have to shove up their ass before they get back to base. :)

Now your comments about cluster nades on the other hand, every time developers nerf them and then no one uses cluster anymore because its so utterly useless like it is now, then they give it back some power and ppl complain about getting owned in one shot with it, the big guy is going to knock you out if you dont move out of the way of his big fucken fist dummies.

Your in the ring with someone who out weights you, if your to slow to take him on then stay out of his way rather than cry to the developers hes to big and tuff and he can hurt me mommy!

whats the point in playing a big tough heavy if you dont have a big tough gun that no other class can carry?

Not much, sure you can take a beating but hof is such a big slow target youd spend more time respawning than playing if he couldnt, OD has been wimped out too.....

Hes just a huge rock you place on the flag so it wont blow away!

and hof is about as much fun to play now as that analogy sounds now :)

Disci

Old man
when u say 'boost from base to base' u mean they do one to get off the base to the hill at the bottom on say moonshine? Then they ski the rest of the way is hardly much of an advantage especially seeing it takes a fair bit of health. I tried it after reading this thread and all it gives is a small push and nothing like a rocket jump (even as useless as the current one is).

No. They do 2x nade jump in mid-air and if that is not enough, they nade throw it to the base. Also if you don't take any damage, you can aim behind like you would do normal rj and throw gren there and fly back home with just one nade jump. Some peeps also like to do OR OD grabs, fly high straight towards their base and nade throw it.

Try these out. It's much different than just doing one nade jump and then ski back home.

Karnage

Private Tester

personally I say let them as it means about half a dozen rounds less I have to shove up their ass before they get back to base. :)
I totally agree with your comments about the HoF however it is clear you have not seen the 'real' nade jumpers. N0, they do not jump off the base to the hill, they jump from the base to the other base through the air all the way as Disci has described.