Frag Grenade Discussion Thread

MJ1284

Disci: I'd never be able to do one of those MA RJs at an angle like that. My ping would slap me. :|

Don't fret it, most Tribes 1 vets will find it ridiculously easy to Grenade Jump.. since I never was T1 vet I never learned it, I think I pulled it off successfully 1/500. And I made proper Grenade Jump in Legions the first time I tried it.

Redvan

Private Tester
having played with it more, I haven't seen it being spammed much yet. I'm attributing this to the fact that people need to bind it to a key to use it, and many people probably haven't figured that out yet. The long det time and slow rof also help that alot. So that's a plus.

I will say it's a bit too easy to get combos as all you have to do is toss and fire immediately after, it'll hit, guarantee. Unless you have a pretty high velocity in a direction other than directly forward.

Application-1

test bester
having played with it more, I haven't seen it being spammed much yet. I'm attributing this to the fact that people need to bind it to a key to use it, and many people probably haven't figured that out yet. The long det time and slow rof also help that alot. So that's a plus.

I will say it's a bit too easy to get combos as all you have to do is toss and fire immediately after, it'll hit, guarantee. Unless you have a pretty high velocity in a direction other than directly forward.
It is hard to spam them considering you only got 5 of them. ;]
Also combos are easy, but you will hit yourself of you do a instant combo so atleast it has a downside.

Disci

Old man
Atm I using them only for chasing, occasionaly for capping/egrabs or just boosting for fun and for mine disking aka carpet bombing.

Fox

Hand grenades are handy grenades. I don't use them too much, since I don't have hands.

Annihilate

I only use them for rocket jumping in midair. If you come down from the back hill on frost you can easily do a base to base cap if you RJ in midair.

Application-1

test bester
I only use them for rocket jumping in midair. If you come down from the back hill on frost you can easily do a base to base cap if you RJ in midair.
Yeah I did it on moonshine and nivosus. I llama grab then go up and shoot myself to the other base. This shows how *chocolate cookies* maps moonshine and nivosus are. Though at frostbyte you need atleast some speed to do it. And I did this as a fatty so this is a bad outcome for the frag nades. Though if you miss one Fragjump you are screwed but oh no wait I am a fatty, INSTANT OD!

Annihilate

I vote no grens for fattys.

Discrimination against my kind!
You would probably have to get all 5 nade jumps perfect to be able to base to base with a heavy.
I shall try it when I get home.
cool.png

Application-1

test bester
Discrimination against my kind!
You would probably have to get all 5 nade jumps perfect to be able to base to base with a heavy.
I shall try it when I get home. :cool:
Step 1. Grab Flag.
Step 2. OD up toward your base. (wich gives you some speed)
Step 3. FragJump (to amplify speed)
Step 4. WEEEEEEEH FLAG CAP (if not repeat Step 2/3)
Step 5. Bad game :[

Redvan

Private Tester
It is hard to spam them considering you only got 5 of them. ;]

spam = aimlessly firing and hoping to get a hit. Even if you only have one, if you aimlessly fire and hope to get a hit, it's spam ;) But yes, having only 5 does reduce the frequency of one person spamming. Imagine if everyone knew how to work nades, having 3 D and 2 LO, that's 25 nades that can easily be spammed in a very small area.

Application-1

test bester
Hmm after some update that i just had i can't fatty cap by fragjumping base to base on moonshine and nivosus.
I cant throw it under me in the right way anymore.
Oh well it is a good thing this would otherwise make PUB's even worse, though it demands skill.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I feel like the bouncyness of the hand nades is way over the top. I've managed already multiple times to lob a nade at someone, hit thme in the face, only to have the nade bounce back with the same speed to my face.
Also doing ground combos is a slight pain currently. (Granted training would fix it eventually) The nade bounces away from the explosion radius in a nanosecond if it hits the ground. :p

I love these little things. I toss a nade and people think they are rockets so they move for easy ma. If they decide to hug the grenade, I shoot it for easy combo dmg and nice rag doll action. It can be hard to ma someone moving in the air, but I always know where my nade is going, it gets me those easy finish kills on the people who move around to much. I have great fun shooting the nade in air moving people around like ping pong balls. These nades can shut someone down for easy kills. This is very effective against the more graceful players that depend on thier footwork like me.
The distance makes up for the people who decide to sit outside ma range and cg me to death, and when they get close because they are sick of being knocked around they get a rocket to the face. I can send these things around a corner and easily send someone attacking my base to the ground or to hell. When chasing or trying to escape it makes for amazing speed and opens up new ways to hit a nice hills. You dont have to shoot the grenade right when it leaves, you can let it go a little bit away from you for a softer push in the air.
I cant stop laughing when I take someone with me on an easy grenade kill, brings back my overdrive hug phase I went throug.... I am still trying to hug nept......
You dont have to use the combo for these things to be effective. I send them on the ground or toss them behind someone to let them explode by themselves. The grenade without the combo does not seem to do so much dmg, but that little dmg and movement works enough to matter in my eyes. This makes up for all the times someone lives with 19% life and they get away....

Mark my words, the skilled players that use these nades right will make people cry. I love the grenade and I plan to make it a part of how I play.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Tbh I'm afraid to see what happens when enough pubbers learn to MA RJ. It'll be a llama grab easy mode. Like Drop ODs.