Australian Servers

stuby1

we are still looking at options but so far the best dedicated server deal I have found is $100 set up fee then $100 per month after that, so 10 of us paying $10 a month seems doable but havent had many aussies putting their hand up yet which is a bit concerning.
i am prepaired to pay mate there is no problems their! im sick off paying for xbox live and its shitty games. and since tribes has been caned, legions is the next best thing to real gaming. i think we just need to make sure that people are willing to play on the servers otherwise their would not be much point in paying for it. look if we can get the players then im willing to pay up to $20 a month. ive been hanging to play a decent game! i think we should wait till the game comes out again, see how many aussies we can get regularly playing and go from their, if we can get 20 players or more id say its worth paying for a server! stuby1 out

i gotta get onto getting a pc tho. and *dance* this mac off, i have repeatedly tried to use wine but just cant figure out how to use it.

I'm impressed by your enthusiasm and amount of looking-into you have put into the 'Australian Legions situation' ovorigin! The idea of players having to pay a fee each month still seems like a monumental stretch though, not to sound pessimistic. I think alot of aus players, even new ones, would love to play legions, but they aren't going to pay for it, unless they are ultra-keen or rich. They just want to be able to float by, join the servers and blast away like with IA.
allways on a positive note ey oca ! lol

Any new aus players should be given a month free trial on the server if they wish to continue they' should' start contributing towards the server.

ok, that makes 5....

1. iago
2. WhiteWhale
3. jedics
4. Flamesstater
5. Stuby1

half way there

why are u using wine, bootcamp n windoz all the way for a game like legions.

Im hoping to be ready with a server the same week of launch.

It would be nice for new players to contribute but I understand some just dont have the money at all, Im happy to pay $10 a month with 10 others for at least 6 months, after that I guess it would be nice to get 20 payers then its $5 a month which Id be willing to keep paying for as long as their is enthusiasm for the game.

that makes 8...

1. iago
2. WhiteWhale
3. jedics
4. Flamesstater
5. Stuby1
6. MuffNator
7. TrainMuncher
8. Amanojaku

I will be looking to get a server up in the 1st or 2nd week of the new year.

I went to www.serversaustralia.com to see what deal they have currently and it say the page is no longer there and to go to my.serversaustralia.com and there is a page there but it is full of broken links and none of the things I remember from the site before.

more than a little disconcerting.........

stuby1

it may be quite a few months until i will be back playing legions m8, so i wont be able to contribute anything for abit, im still currently using a mac osx, i looked into wine, and the tutorials to install it but im worried that ill destroy my computer, i tryed it once b4 and did somthing wrong in the terminal, which caused my computer to crash completely, i had to buy a new hard drive for it. im not game enough to try it again!!!! im looking into buying a new pc in the coming months but have some upcoming commitments that i need to toake care of, just gotta new job and need to buy a car and i am moving out with the girlfriend in a month or 2, so buying a comp is a little bit further down the list than id like, i thought about getting windows and running bootcamp, but im no computer wizz, and am worried ill do more damage to my mac than good.!!!

sap4001

hi guys, im also willing to contribute towards a dedicated AU server.$10 a month is fine by me. count me in.

ok, so serveraustralia got back to me with this:

We can possibly do something similar but at $129 a month. If you are still interested let me know as we have a had a company restructure and pricing change has been one of those.

this is in response to me asking them about their $100 setup then $100 a month for about 200 gig of bandwidth they were offering in November.

which is still quite a bit better than anything else I have come across, what do you guys think?

1. iago
2. WhiteWhale
3. jedics
4. Flamesstater
5. XDNOOBXD
6. MuffNator
7. TrainMuncher
8. Amanojaku
9. Sap4001

great, I asked about a LAN and they said its a possibility but its WAY down the list.

I want them to do it for two reasons, 1 a lan is the lowest ping we will get for a game where its more crucial than any other and 2 because Id like to know I can play it long after there are no longer servers around.. whitewhale and iago live in sydney, we could hire a hotel for a 5 days and shoot and drink it up for a bit, brisbane isnt far so..... :)

Meanwhile Perth's only ~3300km and a $316 return airfare away.
Personally, I would rather have a ded, as for that airfare alone I could fund a ded at $10 a month plus $10 set up for approx 2.5 years.

Jedics, ping or not, once you start including accommodation + transport costs, the ded would be the much more cost effective option. Personally, I'm not sure why you'd pay a massive amount more so as to have 5 ping rather than 25.

Also, one of the reasons I haven't put my name down just yet is that I'm quite probably going to stop playing when I go to uni.

we werent talking about it being an option instead of a ded, it was just a flight of fancy to be able to get die hard legions fans together for the ultimate show of skill at low ping. "5 ping rather than 25" to a ded in sydney? ha, I wish, 60 at best for me, WW lives in sydney and even he wasnt pinging anywhere near that low.

Hey guys I'm back. Life has decided to keep me busy over the past month or so. >.>'Anyway I'm just letting ya'll know I'm still in with this. Fingers crossed I remember how to play. Rofl. :p