Australian Servers

That's a nice offer St3lth, but would you be able to offer a 24-7 dedicated server?
By memory we'd still probably be getting say 150-200 ping or so on your host wouldn't we (it wouldn't be that different from the Hong Kong dedicated servers). To be honest, and this is just my opinion, I would prefer paying a little extra for an Australian ded and getting that ping dropped below 100. Mind you if it was your server or the American servers, expect to see me crawling back. 200-300 would be even worse :p

If we do, can you please show me how the *dance* you shot me when I was like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000ft in the air.
I'm somewhat lost...
Did bugs get an MA on poor little Flamesstater?

How much does an Aussie dedicated server cost?

The Costs would appear to very depending on the specs of the server etc.

If an admin would be able to comment on what kind of server would be needed, and slot requirements etc, that would be very helpful, as I Know I don't know much on the topic, and from what I gathered talking to Train, She isn't too sure on some of the details either.

How much does an Aussie dedicated server cost?

At the moment we're looking from around $60 to $200+ depending if we want our own dedicated server or shared "slots". Our own ded would most likely be more reliable but the reliability is going to cost. It'll also depend on how many people end up playing. I recall we used to get around 20-30 players at the most?

I hate to say it but I wouldn't be very willing to pay for 200 ping. It's better than 300 but it's still dodgy. Night is in WA and consequently gets decent ping with you asians. Those of us on the east coast get shocking pings. I blame the *dancing* dolphins. :/

Thanks Bugs. :D

Can anyone here give me an approximate number, for how many aussie players may exist?

It's rather difficult to approximate at this current moment. Initially I suspect their will be around 10-20 regular/active people. I assume that number will rise as more people find out and become involved. I've already gotten a number of my rl gamer mates interested.

Ok, put me down for regular money for deds here, if legions is truly going to go forward and be developed then maybe we will see the return of the vets that lost interest like 'dreadnaught' and 'colonelblair' maybe even dancing pigeon. If those kinds of players return and are all willing to contribute then I can see it costing only 10 to 20 a month each which is doable for most.

Finally some Legions news to be excited about, a piece of me had died inside after so long without.

Mahidhar

I'm sorry, I actually wanted to know, how many Australian players used to play Legions on IA(number nearest to maximum)?

How many American players used to play legions on IA?
Don't you think that question might be a little difficult to answer?

There was never any kind of population census that I was aware of so it would be hard to say.
Someone from the IA staff who was responsible for the decision to create the Australian dedicated servers may have a fair guess. (they could do an IP search of active members and get an approx number)

Mahidhar

I doubt that. American servers were mostly filled all the time and they had a lot of players. Heck, my own clan has nearly, 20 of them. It's not nearly the same in Australian and Hong Kong servers though. We had lesser people, which is why the developers decided not to pay for our servers. I just wanted to get the rough number, since you guys have always been playing in those servers.

At the moment we're looking from around $60 to $200+ depending if we want our own dedicated server or shared "slots". Our own ded would most likely be more reliable but the reliability is going to cost. It'll also depend on how many people end up playing. I recall we used to get around 20-30 players at the most?

I hate to say it but I wouldn't be very willing to pay for 200 ping. It's better than 300 but it's still dodgy. Night is in WA and consequently gets decent ping with you asians. Those of us on the east coast get shocking pings. I blame the *dancing* dolphins. :/

Thanks Bugs. :D

WAIT WAIT! 200 a month?

That's not each flamestater, that's total.
so if there was 10 of us paying it'd be $20 each per month, which while If I had to, I might grudgingly pay, I'd still rather we found 20 people :D.

People don't have to pay a set amount. Once we determine the fee people can pay something towards that. We should probably have a minimum amount but circumstances for individuals are difference and therefore we will have to take that into account. It's too early to really decide.

Anyway we may have another option soon, I'm looking into it and doing a little bit of research. :)

Ok, just an update. I won't put it on the first post because it's only in a planning stage atm. Anyway me and real are currently thinking of setting up a dedicated server in Brisbane thanks to the help of one of her IT techy friends. We need to do some upgrades etc to an old computer but if everything runs smoothly we might have a cheaper alternative and a great egg-cooker. ;)

I'll let you know more as the situation develops.

a full DED is serious overkill imo

just have a spot on the rack its way cheaper not like we will need all that power

dual xeons + 2gazzilion TB of HDD is probably not needed for a legions server ;)

a full DED is serious overkill imo

just have a spot on the rack its way cheaper not like we will need all that power

dual xeons + 2gazzilion TB of HDD is probably not needed for a legions server ;)

Hm true. That being said it'd be nice to have one considering it would probably end up being cheaper in the long run.

We'll see, we're still weighing up all the options. Luckily we have enough time. ^_^

Vustom

I really do hope we see some Australian Dedicated Servers for Legions: Overdrive, And I will recommend Game Arena because, When playing on a Game Arena server it's unmetered for BigPond users, which is sweet.