Australian Servers

I'm fishing for interest regarding Australian Servers. As much as we love the yanks, ping can often become a major hurdle.

Please express interest or details in this thread if you:
  1. Have a server located in Australia
  2. Are willing to assist with server fees
  3. Know a decent host/deal
I'm also aware that asians may be willing to join our cause considering we're practically neighbours. If so please feel free to post.

People who have expressed interest:
  • TrainMuncher
  • NightHawk043
  • AusHardstyle (Formerly HardstylePete)
  • Flamesstater
  • Muffinator
  • Jedics (Formerly Ovorigin)
  • WhiteWhale
Potential Hosts:
  • Game Arena
This post will be updated as more information is available. Thanks for reading! :D

aus.hsp

Private Tester
People who have expressed interest:
  • TrainMuncher
  • NightHawk043
  • AusHardstyle (Formerly Hardstyle_Pete)
Go go!

P.S. Kudos on the "I'm also aware that asians may be willing to join our cause " line.

Meant to post this earlier.

I'd be willing to chip in a bit with server fees, provided we get enough support to spread the cost around a bit. :p

Also if we do get enough people for this, then once the server is up, we'd definitely need to put some way up for newer players to donate if they so chose, whether it be one time donations, or regular ones, to help with costs.

Thanks Pete, Night and flame. :D

Yup, any ideas how we may be able to do that? Imho we need to get them addicted first. Legions is like crack, it will hopefully be inevitable.

Also one person is going to have to control the server/money. I'm not 100% comfortable with taking over the server responsibility but if I am the only one willing to I will. It will depend on the cost, amount of individual interest and of course the amount of people who actually end up paying. As soon as the cost becomes unreasonable due to people not being able to donate, the server "master" will have to be a dick and cut the server.

Anyway I'll sit tight and see if any of the wise ol' aussy people pipe in/any new ideas are brought to the table. It's early days.

Hehe yes pete. ^_^

you noticed too?

More on topic, we've got a good response so far, but hopefully we'll be able to get some of the less known Australian players to come out of the woodwork.
(Or some players from the surrounding + East Asia area, as presumably West Asia would be better off using Euro servers)

Phew, so I'm not the only one who thinks they're retarded. :p

Yes, so far so good. We can only wait and see who pops up.

I kinda miss all of those ol' vets. I'll try and get into contact with some of them asap. I can at least contact real, white and I may be able to find ovo. Oh and no doubt Rougey will stick his head in here sooner or later.

Whether Rougey plays (/pays) or not is another question entirely. As I recall, he wasn't exactly a common site in pubs. (Well... the kind of pub we're talking about here)

Fixious

Test Lead
AIzd1.jpg

BugsPray

Legions Developer
Good thread guys. Drum up enough support and we will see about arranging some Australian servers.

If we do, can you please show me how the *dance* you shot me when I was like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000ft in the air.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Ohai, I can try to host a serve for you guys if you want, up here in Japan.(for the azn's) Not the Australians will have a terrible ping.