Australian Servers

I really do hope we see some Australian Dedicated Servers for Legions: Overdrive, And I will recommend Game Arena because, When playing on a Game Arena server it's unmetered for BigPond users, which is sweet.

Yeah I've heard some promising news about GameArena. I've sent them an email so hopefully they'll get back to us soon with respect to cost etc. That being said, having a separate ded wouldn't be too bad either. We're going to work out some figures etc tomorrow and go from there. :)

Vustom

Yeah I've heard some promising news about GameArena. I've sent them an email so hopefully they'll get back to us soon with respect to cost etc. That being said, having a separate ded wouldn't be too bad either. We're going to work out some figures etc tomorrow and go from there. :)

I think GameArena will support Legions, As they also support a Tribes: Vengeance server, Which I think is nice. c;

Vonyx

• TrainMuncher
  • NightHawk043
  • AusHardstyle (Formerly HardstylePete)
  • Flamesstater
  • Muffinator
  • Jedics (Formerly Ovorigin)
  • WhiteWhale
:D
Woo! legions!!... Long time no see guys!!!
Everything is coming back like the old days ;o!
Hope we get some dedi's.. before it's back...
Can't wait..

I think GameArena will support Legions, As they also support a Tribes: Vengeance server, Which I think is nice. c;

Yeah, I thought it was them. I still haven't received a reply. I'll resend one today, they might be busy or something.

So, are Vustom and Vonyx just saying it's a good idea, or are they pledging their financial support?

It sounds like moral support. ;)

:D
Woo! legions!!... Long time no see guys!!!
Everything is coming back like the old days ;o!
Hope we get some dedi's.. before it's back...
Can't wait..

We missed you too man! Yup, deds are the heart of our little community hence why we're trying to organize them now. :D

Im sure they will support it if we pay for it, do u know how much? WW is looking into some deds options for us as hes in sydney so will make our pings more even. At this stage we really only need 2 x 16 player servers and from what Ive learned that means we probably need at least a 100 gig data transfer. WW thinks he can line something up for $50 - $100 a month which is by far the cheapest solution so far...

QLD server FTW, 100 ping and less here we go.
dam well better be less than a 100 ping! Greaper asked me to ping to singapore as a potential deds option for us and that was only 100.

GA dont have very good support imo....we will have to wait till legions is out before approaching game server providers as they will want to look at the software :/

GA dont have very good support imo....we will have to wait till legions is out before approaching game server providers as they will want to look at the software :/

How long do you reckon after legions is released for a ded to be setup? Cause I assign Pete as host for the time being.

i think it depends on the software model and the way it will work as an install

some server providers are more flexible than others...many only run a set list of games so we will prob need to negotiate

I just pinged Singapore, averaged 162.
To be honest I could Live with that.
If it would be cheaper, I'd be fine with 162 ping.
I'd prefer less, but it's definitely manageable.

Considering they host vengeance, I don't see why they wouldn't host legions. Anyway we'll see.

I wouldn't pay for that ping either nighthawk. I'd play in it but tbh I would prefer an Australian server. :D

I pinged like 100 with speedtest and I am further away from singapore than all of u?

i think it depends on the software model and the way it will work as an install

some server providers are more flexible than others...many only run a set list of games so we will prob need to negotiate
Greaper wants us to post some specs n prices for deds here, has iago looked into it?

giddy up

ye, no one will be hosting from their computer like before, at least for the time being. Its not such a bad thing either, to much erratic ping when ppl host from their home connections which is just not on for a game thats so fast yet needs such precision. I can notice how much easier MA's are from 60 to 0 ping, Legions just becomes un rewarding above 100. Hehe, Im already scheming to have a holiday at the closest hotel to the legions exchange for some sub 30 ping loven.

Vustom

ye, no one will be hosting from their computer like before, at least for the time being. Its not such a bad thing either, to much erratic ping when ppl host from their home connections which is just not on for a game thats so fast yet needs such precision. I can notice how much easier MA's are from 60 to 0 ping, Legions just becomes un rewarding above 100. Hehe, Im already scheming to have a holiday at the closest hotel to the legions exchange for some sub 30 ping loven.
I love ping around 60-80, I MA better with that ping instead of 0. I have no idea why. c: