Who made you play the way you play today??

Floks

Kirby was my first.

Omni was my second.

57th and ZETA provided me with a lot of experience. I'll always enjoy playing with them.

VV is my wife.

On IA(When I was ShadowThief),
Saeeadthebaest
KillJoy
GrimCCC
Pidbobdude
TitanGoYou (had some random numbers in there I can't remember)
Equinox
Furious Phantom
Cosmosis(LittleBoyBlue)

Vox

well i'd have to say Exodus practices helped me.
Also i'd have to say, Skepsis made me a better dueller than i was before :D
other than that, i kinda learned on my own and picked up a few tips and tricks from others
also loc showed me how to go 200+ on frost beta, before i was like "saywhuht? how u go so fast" to others who did that

Trundle

More: Who has made me want to learn to play? Big list.

Pubbing with;

Stilgar, Daswolfclaw?, ThermoDust, DeadGuy, Lanthus, FuriousPhantom, DOS/?, HMornVal, App-1, a few of the 57th old and new (more specifically the guy who hugs the outer walls of a base LO but others as well you're all good), the Omni's I encountered in the IA days and recently.

Name always beats me to the flag, recently GenetiX?(or something) and crew took my notice and made me want to learn Legions and play right.

Also whoever is on my team and plays good HoF. I have forgotten more than a few, my apologies.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Darklord's video I stumbled upon on the old IA forum got me into chasing and more serious about the game. Then Ihop222 (were those the numbers?) first helped me out with body blocking and chasing a bit. Ucantry2run helped me a bit at one point, then Unknown and KiosK got me going even further.

ihop222, letsgooooo

Ontopic: Nobody really taught me, I picked up on everything myself... pickups helped a lot, though, just practicing a position over and over during pugs gets you good.

Armageddon

Teapot
When i first came to FE:L i had never played the game before i cast my opinions on it, I was a T1 vet of 10+ years and this browser game was below me or so i thought. So one day i finally gave in and played it... well spawned at least. I had my ass handed to me the whole day for the most part, but it was probably the most fun i have had in an FPSZ game since T1's earlier days.

The people who taught me or rather i tried to emulate in dueling were Soc, dawolfsclaw, Deskari, ThermoDust, PierceHardwood, RetractSoftwood, KissyFace. Who were/are still really hard opponents in medium class, the only class i used in T1. I use to be a D-Guy in tribes and legions lacks my tools so far to have been effective at D back then until i met Wizard2K from Team Jenkins and he spent a few hours teaching me how to defend in legions correctly. Watching By-Tor in matches when i was with void taught me a lot about using body blocks, i'd watch him and think he was going for an MA on in coming cappers since his position was so off from the route i expected the capper to follow, but sure enough at the right moment he was right in their path and I standing at the flag on Zen was showered with body parts from the capper's crater.

Since the return of Legions i have started to play more LO/LD, mainly because of my new cable connection and watching people like Homingun, Ucan, Phan, Unknown, Outlawl <3. I'm slowly learning how they play but they don't really take the time to teach but i know when i do something terribly stupid homingun will quickchat "Bad job" and i facepalm and learn from my mistake.

Besides the above mentioned, everyone contributes to my learning process. Each time i duel a regular pubber i take note of what they are likely to do based on past encounters. Sometimes i get it right and win the battle and other times i get another lesson.

So thanks to the community i guess :)

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
When I first started playing Legions there weren't many people. (Suprisingly, I have been here longer then most of the people that play this game now-a-days :S) I never really looked to anyone for HoFing, not even Balbi. I watched many Tribes videos to see how that game was played, and tried emulating it here.

No one person has helped me get better, but more so, a multitude of people. I feel I have more so made head-way into a still underused position: Heavy on Flag. Very few have done it, and even less (to none) have stayed/played as much as I have.

-May seem odd, but HoFing: No one.
-Capping: Phanakapan, Unknown, APC, and Buhlitz
-Chase/LO/SaH: Everyone
-Been with Zeta a long time, they have helped push me to become better, too.

Side Note: I was hoping to get some recognition from you people! :confused::p

Vinzyboy23

Sadly, I didin't get taught some by people in IA days, but now in Overdrive, some Asians taught me to play the way I play today, well I watched them play also.

Immanent: Chaining
St3lth: Capping (and some cap routes)
But I don't remember who taught me to OD cap.

phanakapan

Private Tester
cont: i will keep giving you help with capping if you help me learn to HoF (and by learn to HoF I mean learn to be a bored, immobile MA magnet).

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
In the great mountains of Puddi, lies a cave that hosts home to a creature like no other!
It can't play for *chocolate cookies* though so I was mostly trained by cheetos and cola.