Who made you play the way you play today??

phanakapan

Private Tester
Mostly people from tribes...

In legions though, messing around with phroo, bravo, stealth, and bugs really brought around a deep understanding of the game. Lots of figuring out routes, flag passing, and quirks in the game...

A few other random people like jorto with the od boosting, yami for the overdrive sniping duels, soulharvester for raping newbs in pubs, and a lot of great players in a lot of pugs.

DOS4/GW

Jesus, of course. ;)

I think most of my dueling habits stem from the countless encounters with MadVillain and Dawolfsclaw in the early days. Chasing carried over well from my Tribes days. HoFing came about from observing Carnage.

My capping skill (or lack thereof) comes from my ADHD.

Propkid

I got a list :eek: I'll do it in order of how much effort they put into me.
Ajaxis
Uh the 'effort' Ajaxis put into me taught me to get over and used to random *butt*holes trying their *dancing* best to be a *ladyfriend* and spoil ALL THE FUN I have when gaming, even when I'm a rookie at the game and the *poop-chute* trying to *dance* me over is regarded as one of the top players...
Hard up? ;p

My attitude to never give up
Damn I really thought I'll be mentioned xD

MJ1284

First time I logged in to instantaction.com I chose Raider - Gunner... and I'm still stuck at that.

Oh and then there's that one time Nvidia taught me how to do front OD route on Nivosus and I became half-decent capper too (nothing compared to pullute or Dimi of course) :D

Synista

Uh the 'effort' Ajaxis put into me taught me to get over and used to random *butt*holes trying their *dancing* best to be a *ladyfriend* and spoil ALL THE FUN I have when gaming, even when I'm a rookie at the game and the *poop-chute* trying to *dance* me over is regarded as one of the top players...
Hard up? ;p

Damn I really thought I'll be mentioned xD

He taught me everything, maybe he liked me moar! XD

Shisk

Let my think, in the early days I often met joss in game
After a while fighting I started chainwhoring back

Everything else came with the days, months and years of playing while listening to good music :D

Actually he is one of the best players I know, with or without ping.

It was Anteros and Floks who gave me the most pointers when I was starting out. Okay fine, Kirby helped too.

=P

I think I owe my legions life to Vel0city. He pulled me aside in xfire and talked to me about this new game coming out called legions fallen empire. At the time I was a T:V junkey and that was the only tribes game I have played. I waited for the open beta and was playing the day it was open. Thank you Vel0city for pulling me aside and helping me find this game. "Hey J.I.!!! You have 5 dolla!!?!?!?"

I want to thank Soulharvester for helping to inspire me with my snipping. When I first played legions nobody sniped but me (that I saw anyways) and everybody hated me.... then when Soul came along there was a repsect of skills and later a friendship. Because of Soul I bettered my snipping instead of just being an average snipper. Sorry I don't get on MSN much anymore =(.

I want to thank Zahadoom who when I asked to join his clan told me I had a mouth and I better watch myself. I learned to control myself better and grow up a little, just a little, because of him. He is still someone I look up to and hope to stand in the shadow of this person.

I want to thank floks for being a true friend. He helped me get better by giving me something to shoot at that moved and someone to hold my flag while I respawned =P. Seriously though he is one hell of a good guy, glad know you.

I want to thank Zeta for taking me in and letting me scratch a competetive itch I had. I still use APC's route he was going to use for a cap route that is now my very well loved return route, specially when I heavy cap =P.

Some of the Omni's helped me with my dueling. I use to be known for a huge cg *lady friend* until I started to have fun with MA practice. They challenged me and it was what I needed to get interested in a new depth to the game.

Synista

=P
I want to thank Soulharvester for helping to inspire me with my snipping. When I first played legions nobody sniped but me (that I saw anyways) and everybody hated me.... then when Soul came along there was a repsect of skills and later a friendship. Because of Soul I bettered my snipping instead of just being an average snipper. Sorry I don't get on MSN much anymore =(.

I forgot to add you too the list... Thank you for training me, I've weilded all you knowledge you lended me :D (SynistaJay)

A2

Oh and I forgot one most important thing, Carnage, thanks for teaching me those flag passing stuff. Wouldn't have gotten better without you. :D <3

TriX

Two people who helped me out a lot would be Skepsis and Shaska. I used to only play in pubs, I was okay but not very good, they seen me in the pubs and asked me to join Exodus. Shaska tries showing me cap routes (I say try cause I still suck at capping, but I am getting better), Skepsis has helped me a lot with my dueling. He helped me get better with my movement and chaining. I also think that just playing with them has improved my chasing or it could be just wishful thinking, who knows :) Either way, I owe thanks to them.

Dacil

mainly Calimo when it came to dueling and skiing...and ThePhroo taught me some cap routes way back

57thRomance

Learning and practicing cap routes with 57th has helped me a lot to become the best capper I can be. Nowadays, I constantly make up my own clever routes; doing so has definitely made a difference in my gameplay.