"Top 10 plays/shots" idea.. i need your help!

Buhlitz

So here is an example. I think APC and other legions personalities could certainly do a better voice over and no the shots in this aren't as impressive as legions, I'm simply showing it to you for two reasons.

First reason is you'll see is that as they go from ten to one, the string of kills has to get longer or the situation has to be much more impressive. A simple Mid Air shouldn't go past spot #7 imo unless it's a last second shot to kill the carrier save the game type of shot. Or three or four back to back mid airs on in coming cappers for instance would be more impressive than triple MA on a heavy.

Second reason , I forgot ..

Make the play that changes the game, thats the one you send in. I love this idea, really I could ramble about it for hours. I definitely look forward to it APC.

edit, I butchered something in there somewhere. I think I fixed it.

And I vote Mornaval return save moment # 8. Let's get this train rolling.

moronval

Private Tester
Turning on fraps for every pug is pretty easy. I still have the 20+ games I recorded on a partition and watch over some from time to time. You can never tell when you'll be on the ball and have moments this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc8JhR_FhME or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHOAJt0DEDk . You know, the kind that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. If I had recorded the majority of my pugs at full resolution I would contribute but 90% of these videos are 720x450.

Maybe I'll fraps again some time.

Buhlitz

Originally this was just me saying I liked that ^, then I was like oh ya like button. So I guess this post is worthless.

Abandoned

Gonna add something that might turn out crucial.
If the same people keep sending in videos and no new entries from new players. It will ge repetitive to the point "Oh, its him again, good shot" *moves on*

Abandoned

Out of that 150, How many is: skilled enough, plays great, video's the shots/play?
About 4~19 people?
I think APC's got this easier for him.

Disci

Old man
Out of that 150, How many is: skilled enough, plays great, video's the shots/play?
About 4~19 people?
I think APC's got this easier for him.

Does this matter? Everyone gets lucky sometimes and I guess this would help get rid of all the SIRIUS BUSINESS -attitude and people are not afraid of trying something cool. If you think your shot or move was cool, send the clip. If you don't know how to crop clips into smaller bits. Come to IRC and ask help or check out MJ's guide how to do it. He posted the link on page 2 so you can find it there.

Most important rule: If you can do it pretty much all the time, you know it's not worth of your time to post anywhere. Include only clips where you do something that is rare as finding a diamond coming out of your arse.

Also about having new entrys, It's really about how Apcizzle wants to do this. Giving attention to everyone like having real top10 + bonus clip?

Apcizzle

First reason is you'll see is that as they go from ten to one, the string of kills has to get longer or the situation has to be much more impressive. A simple Mid Air shouldn't go past spot #7 imo unless it's a last second shot to kill the carrier save the game type of shot. Or three or four back to back mid airs on in coming cappers for instance would be more impressive than triple MA on a heavy.

I agree, but it all depends on what kind of submissions i get. Some of you may think the #3 - #1 spot are just as good as the #5-7 spot. There's two reasons that can happen
1) I only got 10 submissions and they are closely related and have the same type of rankings
2) My opinion > your opinion ;) <3

So don't get upset or over react if you see this... the more shot, the better. even if you are unsure if its clutch enough or good enough... the more the better!!!!

Second reason , I forgot .

i lol'd read hard when i read this lol

Also about having new entrys, It's really about how Apcizzle wants to do this. Giving attention to everyone like having real top10 + bonus clip?
I'd like to do an honorable mention at the end of the top 10.. since there will probably be a couple clips i want to slide in there for people taking the time to clip and send me their video. If i have to do the same person 3 times in the top 10, then i have to. At this rate, it's looking likely because i only have a couple submissions. I just might have to put myself in it (which i've been wanting to refrain to do). I did just put this post of yesterday, so i should give it some more time.

My time frame for the first video should be the 3rd Legions Overlive show in 2 weeks, hopefully.

Disci

Old man
Do give people some time. Frapsing while playing is not what people normaly would do and I'm sure there already people out there trying to get good action on vid.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I wish I could record, but my computer won't allow it. I already get 30-40 fps, and I can imagine fraps would drop that down to 10-20, which I'd rather not deal with.