"Top 10 plays/shots" idea.. i need your help!

Outlawl

Macabre
Might want to specify a frame-rate and resolution, things could get hairy if you try to mix videos with different specs.

Apcizzle

Might want to specify a frame-rate and resolution, things could get hairy if you try to mix videos with different specs.
I thought of this.. but i dont expect people to change their screen resolutions just for recordings. The different quality of each shot/play will sorta add to the video to show the difference between each clip and player. Trust me, i'd rather something more uniform, but it'll probably limit a lot of the submissions. Almost inevitable since everyone has a different setup pretty much.

What everyone elses thoughts on this?

Disci

Old man
Apcizzle, that's ok. Atm I couldn't think any other way to do it if you wanna let everyone participate. Not just those who has enough power packed to their computer to run fraps and still be able to play the game without watching a slide show.

Abandoned

Since everyone is mentioning MA's and "shots". I would like to see fantastic teamplay. Passing the flag around, tossing around routes, you know inspiring teamplay. Not just brute ground pounding the offense then passing flag to the nearest fullhealth player.

I've always admired the teamplay where the flag is heavily dependant on the teamwork and flag passing.
Maybe just ridiculous stuff like OD'ing off players' heads in MA while the person on the bottom tosses the flag up. Hehh~ Just imagining, I know its possible.

Disci

Old man
Since everyone is mentioning MA's and "shots". I would like to see fantastic teamplay. Passing the flag around, tossing around routes, you know inspiring teamplay. Not just brute ground pounding the offense then passing flag to the nearest fullhealth player.

I've always admired the teamplay where the flag is heavily dependant on the teamwork and flag passing.
Maybe just ridiculous stuff like OD'ing off players' heads in MA while the person on the bottom tosses the flag up. Hehh~ Just imagining, I know its possible.

That's the point. He said he wants stuff that is either MA's or cool gameplay. Clutch returns when you're the only one left at enemy base and basicly the whole team is trying to get you and cap the flag. I've done these many times and it's always, "How'd that feel!" moment. :) MA incoming capper, block the next one who is coming in right after him and MA the 3rd one.

This is perfect stuff explaining what I mean. The game isn't Legions tho but you get the idea.

MJ1284

Not a bad idea but I'd go with SpArT's suggestion and have "Top 20 of the month" rather than "Top 10 of the week" due to size of community.

Since I'm recording most of the time anyway I might as well see if I can toss some clips to Apcizzle. Any wishes how big video files are allowed? And where do we send the clips?

A2

Since I'm recording most of the time anyway I might as well see if I can toss some clips to Apcizzle. Any wishes how big video files are allowed? And where do we send the clips?

I can imagine how all the top 10 shots will be all MJ's. :p

Apcizzle

Not a bad idea but I'd go with SpArT's suggestion and have "Top 20 of the month" rather than "Top 10 of the week" due to size of community.

the ones i did receive... i had uploaded to mediafire.com and the size doesn't matter... just the smaller the better (in this case only, if u know what i mean ;))

Again, depending on how many submissions i get, i'll judge how often i'll do it. At this rate... once a month is looking likely, but id love to do something every other week and post it live on legions overlive

MJ1284

the ones i did receive... i had uploaded to mediafire.com and the size doesn't matter... just the smaller the better (in this case only, if u know what i mean ;))

Smaller size also means lower resolution & more pixelated video, keep that in mind.
I'd also recommend:
1. Compressing clips before sending them forward, raw files tend to eat much space from HD.
2. Using Dropbox instead of mediafire.com & rapidshare.com etc. simply because it lets you transfer files as batches (with Dropbox Desktop) instead of one at a time and it has much greater transfer speed than any file hosting website.

Apcizzle

pop was trying to convince me to set something like that up... but again, at the rate of how things are going.. im gonna keep things basic. Interest will drive me to become less lazy and actually set something up like a ftp or dropbox

Propkid

Make a tutorial on how to compress the video properly before having it sent off to you. I recommend you post it in another thread and compile the whole information people will post there to make a "Tutorial: making your own game videos"...
Or should I do that thread instead? :D Though I can't access my video making software atm

Despite the luck that would require, I did get a piercing shot on three players (One of them was a capper)
Don't know how to tell this to you mate...

Last time I checked with 2 people standing right in front of me, the LR didn't pierce~​

I'm sorry... It's ok... Don't cry...

Outlawl

Macabre
Like, if only we had a system, that like, recorded our gameplay that like wasn't a third party program, like it would be like a demo. We could call it uh....

A DEMO SYSTEM. That is a most excellent idea, Ted!

Outlawl glares angrily at the Dev Team

Buhlitz

i understand that its a small community... but so many pugs and shots happen daily. i'll play it by ear. Just send me some videos... pm me with questions, clips, comments or requests.

By all means, you can try. I just remember it being difficult to get people to fraps regularly. The other option is to spectate pickups , follow the hot players, and see if you can get a clip of them doing something sick. If you did that, I'm sure you could get MORE than enough each week, but you can't rely on the people to fraps an entire game, go through it, find a clip, upload it to you, and do it regularly enough to maintain a weekly top 10.

Not every good shot has to be a MA.

Please include other shots or videos get boring.

I'd say more often than not a 'play' can be much more impressive than a shot.

LD who body blocks 3 cappers consecutively
A HOF who stops the grab, catches a flag, stops another grab then caps
A capper who gets a MA return, then a grab, then a cap
etc
etc

Apcizzle

By all means, you can try. I just remember it being difficult to get people to fraps regularly. The other option is to spectate pickups , follow the hot players, and see if you can get a clip of them doing something sick. If you did that, I'm sure you could get MORE than enough each week, but you can't rely on the people to fraps an entire game, go through it, find a clip, upload it to you, and do it regularly enough to maintain a weekly top 10.

That would be great......... if we had a spectate mode again.
Outlawl glares angrily at the Dev Team

I'd say more often than not a 'play' can be much more impressive than a shot.

LD who body blocks 3 cappers consecutively
A HOF who stops the grab, catches a flag, stops another grab then caps
A capper who gets a MA return, then a grab, then a cap
etc
etc

This. Everyone read this and send me their clip... we all have our clutch moments. You don't necessarily need to kill someone... we all know whats clutch and whats not. I want to see what you're capable of outside of dueling. Team play or individual smartness.

Fixious

Test Lead
I say do it monthly APC, I don't think the community is large enough or active enough to have interesting and varied top tens weekly. If you do it once a month, people will look forward to it more and it will give you a chance to pick the "cream of the crop" video clips, rather than having to settle for how many clips you've received.
Or possibly tie them in whenever he does a Legions Overlive show.