Time to Balance out the game. O vs D wise.

MJ1284

for instance, you provided nothing except a blanket statement (the game's imbalanced) and something about a human factor. what is lacking in human factor, exactly? you can respawn and be back at your base in seconds, and a hof with an OP instaOD is sitting on or around the flag 90% of the time.

What is lacking in human factor? INTELLIGENCE! It never ceases to amaze me how often people just wind up strolling around aimlessly when 1-3 players (with atleast 300+ higher score) keep yelling [We need more offense].
You'd think that having big difference in score (I know, "score means nothing in CTF yada yada") would catch your teammates attention in "Huh, he's got way more points than I have, maybe he has a hunch how to be an asset to a team" -way but no, they just keep ignoring these fellas silently and focus on llamaing & O-Sniping and other useful *chocolate cookies*.

What good does respawning & HoF OD do if nobody has a *dancing* clue how to use them?

Let me rephrase: Game is imbalanced & boring because people can't arse to learn anything besides WASD and how to change weapon. [/drunk rage]

Karnage

Private Tester
Thank you for most intelligent answer ever. I'm left speechless, therefore you win!
Again with the vacuous, insubstantial mouth farting of the common troll. Nice. You're just a sweetheart aren't you? What happened? Do your mommy and daddy not give you enough attention? Is that why you have to troll here?

Stacked D was there way before nades. Idk on asian servers but on USA and europe it has always been more D than O.

Maybe in team competition, but in PUGs, it's been stacked O for NA. Mostly because there's so much need for e-grabs all the time with how fast the game plays that we need more people out of the base ready to get that save. If it's a 7v7, I always go 4 O 3 D.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Maybe in team competition, but in PUGs, it's been stacked O for NA. Mostly because there's so much need for e-grabs all the time with how fast the game plays that we need more people out of the base ready to get that save. If it's a 7v7, I always go 4 O 3 D.

Likewise, If I haven't got a decent enough chaser, I sometimes go 5 O 2 D, especially on Frostbyte and similar smaller maps.

HellzHere

This game is so not suited for turrets imo. Turrets in midfield I see will completely mess the flow of this game. Sure maybe it was suited for tribes but for this game, i just dont see it working without messing up big parts of the game tbh.

I understand that tribes players came to play legions since it was a successor to tribes, but you know,not all of us want the game to be exactly like tribes.

RiPTaCk

This game is unbalanced not because of the features of the game but because of the players themselves.

Imo a player neeeds 3 things in this game:
Aim: mostly depending on ping
Movement: Skiing is art, not everybody knows how to move correctly although he thinks that he is Mega Pro at it because he can go 200+ (with 10% health...) (cappers, chasers,...)
Experience: Understanding the game flow. To know where you have to be at what time (E-Grab etc) To know when to respawn as a hof, when to start dealing damage to enemy defense(Not to go in ennemy base like "I'm an UBER PRO. Who wants to duel with me?" and die in 2 seconds <--Big Point) and lots of other stuff which I am not going to mention here...

These 3 factors make it so difficult to say "Offence and Defense are well balanced". Of course you can buff Offense or nerf defense but all in all (if the changes are not way overpowered) the balance of O vs D will depend on the players and not on anything else.

The last point depends on the first 2 points but it also is the most important one, some people really should think about their gameplay and realize what needs to be improved.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Don't get too used to a very unfinished game. Also, [57th]Carnage, you should start to listen to what people actually have to say.

Karnage

Private Tester
Don't get too used to a very unfinished game. Also, [57th]Carnage, you should start to listen to what people actually have to say.
Specifics please? Also, it is very difficult to listen to people when their every sentence is filled with vitriol, mockery and condescension. I don't have patience with people like that.

Immanent

Funny because Asians have more servers than anybody else atm. But actually asian D does by far overpower O.

Disci

Old man
Specifics please? Also, it is very difficult to listen to people when their every sentence is filled with vitriol, mockery and condescension. I don't have patience with people like that.

Why do you exaggerate again? You didn't even touch any of the points I made, but went ape *chocolate cookies* just because what I said about asians and then ignored everything else what I said. Your post I quoted in the first place was biased *chocolate cookies* where you brought up points which would help only asian community. Being able to host private servers might get back few extra players but in the end the game is still a shell of a game, inbalanced and boring and there would never been any kind of competition except pugs and few scrimms between the same teams and players week after week. You call that an improvement?

Having able to host your own servers IS NOT TOP PRIORITY in order to get more players or even keep the existing player base(which is so damn small that you can't even call it a player base. Compairing it T1 player base today, which is way over 10 years old game, T1 still has more players playing the game daily than Legions and T1 is widely considered dead). What use there is to have your own server where no one wants to play when the game is at state like this? Like Immanent said you guys have more servers than any other continent, but WHY ARE THEY *dancing* EMPTY ALL THE FRIGGING TIME? Are you seriously thinking, that having more servers would solve problems this game has?

Also I'm asking you, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ANY KIND OF COMPETITION AT THIS POINT WOULD BRING MORE PLAYERS OR EVEN KEEP THE EXISTING PLAYER BASE, IF THE PROBLEMS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME ARE NOT FIXED? Can you please answer that without throwing up *chocolate cookies* in every sentence you write?

St3lth

Backend Contributor
\Like Immanent said you guys have more servers than any other continent, but WHY ARE THEY *dancing* EMPTY ALL THE FRIGGING TIME?
I think you're asleep when they're full...but yes they are empty most of the times, because most of us will either be PUGing or be doing our chores.

Disci

Old man
I think you're asleep when they're full...but yes they are empty most of the times, because most of us will either be PUGing or be doing our chores.

Well not always. I stay up late during weekends and sometimes during weeks and they are always empty. Honestly I've never seen more than 5-6 players on them.

Disci

Old man

I'm sorry but I fail to understand what this has to do with anything I said. Do you mean, that when euros and americans are playing PUG's and do other stuff our servers should be empty too?

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Noh, mainly the reason the azn server's are empty because we are idling in private servers trying to get a PUG going on, or wont be playing. :p Oh and the asian player-base isnt that big to support a PUG and a PUB going on. Its one or the other.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Noh, mainly the reason the azn server's are empty because we are idling in private servers trying to get a PUG going on, or wont be playing. :p Oh and the asian player-base isnt that big to support a PUG and a PUB going on. Its one or the other.

^ Asian pickup going on right now in the 57th ts3 server. I don't understand why they don't use the Official legions ts3, cause Euro's like me rarely know if there is a pickup going on or not before I join the 57th server, which I don't do much.