Rant: Legions Community

Immanent

The game itself is fine to me, but what gets me the most worked up is the community. I know many of you who are reading this are very nice people. But there are many users that like to troll on the forums, making it a very hostile place. I've even considered quitting and giving up on this game, taking into account of the potential of this game, why?

Person A makes a simple post on the forums, "__________ (how do i access private server rabbit or something)"
Reply?
"READ READ READ READ READ THE F**ING BLOG DUMBASS."
All that in size 30 Bold underlined.

Well what if we are not fluent in English? Are you going to stop pointlessly spamming stupid comments?

Also the amount of lack of respect for other Communities has also done me in.
I think I don't need to expand on it here, but hopefully you will get my drift, and this should be something to take into account before posting another troll message.

Immanent

Fixious

Test Lead
I wonder if Immanent was referring to me. :D

People need to start reading the blog, simple as that. During the ammo station change there were a lot of people asking why they couldn't change their class, to which I replied 'read the blog', to which they replied 'I don't read the blog'. And yet, they still asked. While I showed some how to use the ammo boxes, it seems like a downright refusal on their end to read a paragraph of text to actually understand what's going on with the game. What's even worse is that new blogs are shown on the damn launcher.

Greaps has already stated that they plan on doing this for future updates(putting vital info in the blog), which I fully support.

A2

to which I replied 'read the blog', to which they replied 'I don't read the blog'. And yet, they still asked.

Immanent, every argument you post about that, after this is invalid. kthxbai

EDIT: I suggest you look at the 'Rabbit on public test' thread again.

Actually, I don't really get your rant at all...

Of course people should be nicer. I mean, who wouldn't agree with something like that. You're not really going to change anything by stating that. But your example speaks for itself and it's something we see on these forums way too often: someone who doesn't even read the OP and starts asking questions and making assumptions or posts huge rants about it. And yes, this triggers annoyed responses. What you see on here is something you see in all forums, and in real life as well: at first, oldbies calmly remind the newbies of where to find the info he's looking for. Over the weeks and months though, oldbies become steadily more annoyed by the sheer number of newbies who do not bother. In the end, oldbies become either a) rude and annoyed or b) don't bother at all any more. Sound familiar?

Immanent

Immanent, every argument you post about that, after this is invalid. kthxbai
EDIT: I suggest you look at the 'Rabbit on public test' thread again.

A2, how about stop being such a wise ass. My argument is not invalid if you read it carefully. Why? I clearly state: "Well what if we are not fluent in English?" It seems that you just seem to ignore this completely. Don't try to pick points that favor you only, and take into consideration other people's points.

Actually, I don't really get your rant at all...

How do you get across your help if they don't speak english well?

GReaper

Grumpy
Another issue is that people get the latest news listed in the Legions Launcher (just click to go direct to the post), and on our website. Yet users ignore the launcher, ignore the blog, ignore the rest of the site, and head straight to the forums to ask a question.

Users seem to be pretty damn good at finding the forums, figuring out how to register for the forums, know where to post - yet they seem unable to figure out our official news outlet (the blog).

GReaper

Grumpy
Users only had the option of the forums before we launched the game, but game accounts are entirely different to forum accounts. Registering for the forum doesn't give you access to the game.

I don't expect 100% of users to read the latest news updates, it just isn't going to happen. However any step in the right direction would be helpful.

Ideally I'd like a news update system similar to Steam (popup window for each new blog article) to get people to read the news, and get the server list filtered so only public servers are visible by default.

Disci

Old man
If they are able to ask the question, I'm pretty sure they must be ready to understand the answer. Related to this pw issue:

The password for these servers is currently: wabbit

The password 'lots of randomnly generated letters here which doesn't seem to have any meaning' : wabbit

See?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
"READ READ READ READ READ THE F**ING BLOG DUMBASS."
All that in size 30 Bold underlined.

What the hell? Please, quote to me where someone has said that and in that style you have just described. Oh wait, No one has... Stop over dramatising. When I'm trying to tell people that, I always remain polite, and certainly don't do it in the way you have suggested.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Do not forget one very important thing: This is about the Public Test servers. If someone really shouldn't be able to understand the blogpost, and find the password that was placed there to ensure that people on the test servers know what they're dealing with, they just don't belong on that server. If you're not able to provide feeback (due to language problems), you're of no use as a tester. If you're too lazy to look up a password, you're of no use as a tester. If your post in a feedback thread shows that you're obviously not reading a single thing before you're posting, you're of no use at a tester. Etc, etc. In that case, wait until the changes go live, and enjoy them then.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Do not forget one very important thing: This is about the Public Test servers. If someone really shouldn't be able to understand the blogpost, and find the password that was placed there to ensure that people on the test servers know what they're dealing with, they just don't belong on that server. If you're not able to provide feeback (due to language problems), you're of no use as a tester. If you're too lazy to look up a password, you're of no use as a tester. If your post in a feedback thread shows that you're obviously not reading a single thing before you're posting, you're of no use at a tester. Etc, etc. In that case, wait until the changes go live, and enjoy them then.

I believe GReaper mentioned something about a public test button where a user would have to press a button on the website and 'opt-in' on the public test. I'm liking this idea more than a password to the server.

mario

What the hell? Please, quote to me where someone has said that and in that style you have just described. Oh wait, No one has... Stop over dramatising. When I'm trying to tell people that, I always remain polite, and certainly don't do it in the way you have suggested.

Have you actually looked at the server list? Or are you trying to be a clueless idiot again?

Disci

Old man
I believe GReaper mentioned something about a public test button where a user would have to press a button on the website and 'opt-in' on the public test. I'm liking this idea more than a password to the server.

Make the servers invisible. We wouldn't get questions about pw and only those who read the blog posts would know about them. Case closed! Everyone who spreads the information gets banned from Legions and any CoD game permanently.