Questions

Pushi

Fall damage actually forces you to skii and cap better, for me first it came out ofcourse it seemed annoying as hell because i got used to going from 250 speed to a instant stop just by bumping into a wall, but with time you get used to it and you stop noticing it,You start paying attention on every landing and the angle of the slope you land on.And from experience i know its possible to do all those shexhy cap routes without taking any fall damage, just takes a bit of getting used to.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Thanks. Don't see how I could've missed that after reading the whole FAQ.

Also, in regards to fall damage, I really didn't like this update when it happened. I was kind of used to really having some fun, getting to the highest point I could find on the map then free-falling just for the sheer thrill of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for adding some skill into the game, but I'm not such a big fan of realism. If fall damage was added for realistic effect, I really disagree with this change. The reason I play games is to get away from realism.

If it was added to add some skill to capping, then I don't mind as much. I guess it's something I'll eventually just have to get used to, but I will miss not having any worries about whether the ground is hostile or not.
Okay, you play games to get away from realism? Apart from fall damage, what part of this game is realistic? Also, fall damage was probably added to add depth to the game. If you have to think about how you're going to hit the ground, it makes you a better, faster player.

And, again, at risk of sounding like a noob, but I never really used OD to cap, and I did all right at it. Anyways, is the OD kinda like having bullet bill in mario cart? The only analogy being going faster and having more maneuverability.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
I believe it was Munge who mentioned a while back that they were looking into having the weapons phase into each other when switching between them. I don't know what the animation talent is like on the new dev team, but are there any plans to do this in the future?

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the weapon switches in Vanquish.

EDIT: Maybe a proper tutorial this time around, as well?

I only started playing after fall damage, but i have to say i don't think i would have been able to learn without it. When i first joined i was like *crap, i gotta learn how to fly AND shoot?* so i tried a balance, sniping. i either was moving, or I sat still and killed people when they left their bases. but this "moving towards a goal(like a good tower) was plenty of practice with the mechanic, and soon i was switching to an assault type class and consistently capping. if their was no damage, i think i would be lost whenever i stupidly clipped a wall and suddenly lost all my momentum. with damage though, i went *what did i hit?* and started to learn to avoid walls, boxes, and anything else i could hit. I think this in game "spanking(?)" is a good teaching tool to tell new players *wall = bad, gently sloping land = good*

jickerjacker

Private Tester
You guys think they would have told us about any big changes to Legions they had made by now? Or is it gonna be like IA where we had towait 6 months?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
You guys think they would have told us about any big changes to Legions they had made by now? Or is it gonna be like IA where we had towait 6 months?

Hmmm, I think that DeadGuy might've made a couple of posts that spoke about some of the changes. He's got loose lips, that one!

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Yeah, I am going to try to keep the community involved with what we are planning and releasing within reason. I think you guys can handle it, although there are some that most certainly will disagree with every choice we decide on no matter what it is. I'll do my best to explain things as needed.

We are going to have a much more formal method of telling the public information very soon. Seymour is going to help me with that too. :)
Spreading bits about random things in the forum just isn't a clean way to keep the community informed.
<3

MightySheep

How do guests work now, do you have to make an account to play or can you just join with a name like 'ap-1382487428' like last time? If you can then I recommend it say "Guest1" or something proper

BeefThief

Beefy Member
How do guests work now, do you have to make an account to play or can you just join with a name like 'ap-1382487428' like last time? If you can then I recommend it say "Guest1" or something proper
The FAQ says that in order to play L:O, you must have an account on this site.

luiscm97

hey my new signature is cuted in half but dont know why i upload it and it appear to be fine at the preview but when i pos t it appears only half halp this is the real foto of my sign signature-legions.jpg
but it only appears half

already fix it i had to put it morew little

Mots0311

I believe it was Munge who mentioned a while back that they were looking into having the weapons phase into each other when switching between them. I don't know what the animation talent is like on the new dev team, but are there any plans to do this in the future?

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the weapon switches in Vanquish.

EDIT: Maybe a proper tutorial this time around, as well?

There's a proper tutorial on YouTube with the basics. Outside of that get in there, pick a fight and learn from what good players do. I learned a lot from just watching others.