Public Test Going Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
There's nothing which makes you proud because you reached the next skill level

does skill level have to be implied by clan tags and player names? i was just like you and thought it was a problem, but i realized nobody can copy my playstyle or talk and behave like me exactly, so trolls will be trolls but they won't ruin my reputation unless someone is stupid enough to believe that i really said "you n00bvajine cocksucking falg is not in base cth cthcthcthcth" ...

Battelstar

does skill level have to be implied by clan tags and player names? i was just like you and thought it was a problem, but i realized nobody can copy my playstyle or talk and behave like me exactly, so trolls will be trolls but they won't ruin my reputation unless someone is stupid enough to believe that i really said "you n00bvajine cocksucking falg is not in base cth cthcthcthcth" ...

I'm talking about rewards, about some kind of ELO system like League of Legends has, about a ranking or whatever. I believe if there would be a kind of rewarding system then the people won't have any reasons to smurf with their thousands of different accounts because every time you make a new account you have to start at 0 again. It can be very motivating to try to be on the top of the ranking, with your team or as a single player, that's one thing which makes LoL for example that successful.

Legions still has one of the best gameplays I've ever seen so far, but is missing a lot of important stuff atm in my opinion.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I'm talking about rewards, about some kind of ELO system like League of Legends has, about a ranking or whatever. I believe if there would be a kind of rewarding system then the people won't have any reasons to smurf with their thousands of different accounts because every time you make a new account you have to start at 0 again. It can be very motivating to try to be on the top of the ranking, with your team or as a single player, that's one thing which makes LoL for example that successful.

Legions still has one of the best gameplays I've ever seen so far, but is missing a lot of important stuff atm in my opinion.

i see your point, but elo would only be useful for much later when there will be enough players for people to join servers based on skill (but then again what about exceptional players who are inactive?) i wouldn't mind an xp-system like ascend where you're allowed access to new features as you gain experience points, but unlockables would have to be realistic or else players who spend the most time with the game would have a crazy advantage

but this isn't a main problem yet, not until we get enough players anyway (which is still a long time from now). we should focus more on content, maps and maybe a few interesting mods

Frez

is it not possible to keep the identification system in the launch of legions and to change his name in-game? For example have a unique identifier like an IP address that only developers / moderators can see. Team captains will also see those addresses, and so we could keep the team system.

Mahidhar

i see your point, but elo would only be useful for much later when there will be enough players for people to join servers based on skill (but then again what about exceptional players who are inactive?) i wouldn't mind an xp-system like ascend where you're allowed access to new features as you gain experience points, but unlockables would have to be realistic or else players who spend the most time with the game would have a crazy advantage

but this isn't a main problem yet, not until we get enough players anyway (which is still a long time from now). we should focus more on content, maps and maybe a few interesting mods

There, right there, is a never ending cycle. This game does not have enough players because of the reason that it doesn't get advertised. The reason it doesn't get advertised is because it's not done yet. But when you remove small yet nifty features like player accounts, clan tags(because of which in the future there would be chances of creating elements like friends list, who's online, game invitation and all the other IA goodies and more), you'll be left with a just a game which you'll get in, play and get out.

There will be no chance for proper/secure recruitment for clans as one person might be someone else the next second. You could recruit one guy who's all nice and friendly to you, and goes with X name, but he could be the same Y guy who's been bothering you in-game, the whole week. That is just small example but this thing could become so worse that there would be no reason for threads like "Looking for a clan".

Legions developers, as much as I've known them, have always been inclined to balancing the game for it's competitive side, rather than it's public game play. You can even put up something like "Gameplay might change during competitive play" on the main page, like how those multiplayer supporting games say "Gameplay might change during online play", and you wouldn't be wrong about it. Now what's the use of tuning the game for competition, when you can't even have a secure game. Sure an admin can watch over one of those, but are they gonna check the ips of the players everytime the match starts? I have an Omni on the team, so will the admin try to tally all the ips of my team mates to the ones he got on his "knowledge base" and validate the team?

Having an ID online is the same way has having a name in real life. There are people who like changing their names(both in real and virtual lives) constantly and screw with people around them, but there are also others who like to keep their identity and let it define themselves and what they're about.

I for one would want to be talked about as "that Maxter guy is good with nades" and not as "that 350 pinging anonymous guy is good with nades", although I like to go anonymous sometimes when I want to be left alone.

In any case, I'm not mad, sad or feeling bad about what you guys did with the game right now/will do in the future. I only publish my concerns here because I love this game and what it's about(jets and flag, yes), and not because I'm against this update. Peace.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
i don't get you guys, what teamplay and teambalance? would you rather have a complete game or go back to instant action mentality where you decorate the game with friend lists and shiny achievements? don't be so close minded, afaik once you play as Riptack anyone who tries to play using the same name will show up as riptack.2 so if i'm not wrong none of this should be a problem really. i dont care how cheesy this sounds but look at the bigger picture here: game is opening up, ideas are being implemented and content is being added. i'm sure devs thought this out better than any of you here so i really don't see why you would be complaining. this is how it worked in tribes and although there was shitloads of smurfing and some drama, everything and everyone got along fine after a while

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Xtreme sums it up pretty well, there is no problem with it. Its the way that Tribes existed for years.

RiPTaCk

So we are back at comparing this game to Tribes, again.

Smurfing is just one issue that just has become a little bit bigger. I'm not going to mention every "obvious" issue about this game, that needs to be fixed because then people will start flaming again. So I shall let it be.

So this game is starving for new players, yet it gives long-time players more and more reasons to quit. (such as smurfing)

Ps: I don't care if anyone uses my name. It's a burden in this game.

Triad

Legions Developer
We put new updates on public test first to allow everyone to test the new features so we can figure out how to balance everything as well as to find bugs. This way, there shouldn't be any issues when going to official live servers.

Vox

Guys, what about my teams?
Not to sound mean, but you're not the only player in this game.
I enjoy this update, it's a great update. Just because you can't have a little gold tag that says something doesn't mean crap really.
I do have a suggestion for those who do want their clan tags. Just have a box next to the player name box in the main menu for clan tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.