Post your Gaming Rigs/Gaming Space!

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I have lost all hope.
nope, he's right.
AMD dumps the radeon shizzle into their APUs rather than do what intel does, so the the equivalent of integrated in AMD chips is better than the stuff in intel.
HOWEVER. if you buy a CPU based on it's integrated graphics, you are doing it wrong. horribly, horribly wrong.

Well I did some reviews and there is really not much performance boost between the two... whether or not that's a limitation on software I'm not sure. Even the RAM is a bit much but I saw a good deal so I took it. The motherboard is capable of holding up to 4 video cards, but right now I can't see that being a bit overkill. Overall I got tired of upgrading so with this setup I think it will last me a long time.

if you have a 1250w PSU then you'd need 4 graphics cards to not make that a waste XD.
that water cooling would probably be needed, and your house would probably need air conditioning in the middle of winter to keep your computer from turning your house into an oven.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I imagine with the case side on it'd be more of a dull glow.

BTW, I call first dibs on PWA's old hardware. And I have no idea how the guy makes so much money spraying shoes in a bowling alley.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
nope, he's right.
AMD dumps the radeon shizzle into their APUs rather than do what intel does, so the the equivalent of integrated in AMD chips is better than the stuff in intel.
HOWEVER. if you buy a CPU based on it's integrated graphics, you are doing it wrong. horribly, horribly wrong.

However, you can also buy a lower-end AMD GPU that will then work in combination with the APU to boost graphics performance. From what I know that system is actually surprising good for the amount of money you put in to it. Best suited for a budget gamer.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
There is a side panel that goes there covers the glow.. the led itself is tucked in the corner to aim towards the interior to illuminate as shown in one of the pictures.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Any real computer geek knows that you cannot simply press a button to overclock, one must spend hours tweaking with values to get the best performance :(

Currently overclocked to 4.4 ghz on a 3.2ghz chip (6/12). It currently won't accept anything higher at the moment as it takes a lot of tweaking. I believe its a power issue that's preventing to go higher, I'm still learning though. The video card is clocked pretty high as well.

Also the radiator was too big and taking up way to much room so I moved it to the back and made few other adjustments as well. I plan to add more fans to radiator to further drop the temperature.
PWA_CPU.jpgPWA_GPU.jpgDSCF0860.JPGDSCF0861.JPGDSCF0862.JPGDSCF0863.JPGDSCF0864.JPG

moronval

Private Tester
Vishera 8350 8-core processor
Radeon 7870
12 gb ram

i like this processor, goes up to 5.2 on ambient air flow

not that I really need it to, i'm *dancing* casual

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Vishera 8-core processor
Radeon 7870
12 gb ram

i like this processor, goes up to 5.2 on ambient air flow

not that I really need it to, i'm *dancing* casual

hard to believe that processor is almost half the price of my processor, but it does have its downsides considering it is only single threaded.

moronval

Private Tester
hard to believe that processor is almost half the price of my processor, but it does have its downsides considering it is only single threaded.

my friend also has a 3930 and is pretty fond of it, its a shame though that he hasn't upgraded his video card as well. all dat wasted potential performance

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Current Setup at Uni:

mTkYmDh.jpg

Also slight necro.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Being forced to do this by Seymour ;_;

Back at home now and the third monitor has returned along with a new mechanical keyboard and a 99 cent mouse pad:

PHi9zxx.jpg

Speakers have also returned, here's the box itself:

cWozsmv.jpg

Inside, we can see the new 6870 kicking it with the older one:

Jrml6eW.jpg

Close up:

iuYiWL0.jpg

The heatsink and RAM:

xOZfsf1.jpg

Benefits of having three monitors, never miss a beat even in game:

ux8ZjUD.jpg

And as an extra, an overclocking special, with the CPU easily doing 4.6 ghz on air with a pretty ridiculous VCore voltage only 1.3 v. Ram has also been overclocked to get the most out of the bclk bus speed (Tiny gain but everything helps). Also not shown is both gpu's running above stock speeds (930mhz) at 1000 mhz.

Q4aed5U.jpg

Happy now Gore?

Last edited: