Post your Gaming Rigs/Gaming Space!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Sabertooth is a pretty nice mobo either way.

Yeah sure, I would have brought a Asus mobo if I had another £30 quid when I built mine, but I didn't. I budgeted and worked out that spending that £30 on a GPU was far more beneficial. Would I have noticed a difference with the GPU being weaker? Yep. Would I have noticed a difference with an Asus mobo? No.

Also, Intel graphics still suck in comparison to AMD's. Go APU's!

57thEnryu

yes I have integrated graphics, and honestly, it allows me to run most games (I have) on high settings, but I run them on medium just so that I can stream them. I mean, gpu is kinda low on the chain right now b/c my cpu is soo good.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Over past six months I built the following computer. It wasn't easy as each component was ordered from amazon and ebay and many issues like bad power supply, bad bios chip, two bad motherboards, and ordered coolant that was so thick the pump couldn't push it.

Processor: Intel i7-3930K @ 3.2GHZ ( 6 core 12 threads = 12 core)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 6 sticks x 8 = 48 GB) (2 empty slots)
Motherboard: MSI Big Bang Xpower II
Video Card: Gigabyte 680GTX (2GB)
Power Supply: OCZ ZX 1250W PSU
HardDrives: OCZ 128GB SSD
Western Digital Velociraptor 9000RPM 300GB
Western Digital Velociraptor 9000RPM 80GB
HP SimpleSave 500 GB - External
PC Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper

Cooling Accessories
Black Ice SR-1 360 Radiator
Koolance Waterblock (video card)
XSPC Raystorm Waterblock (CPU)
EK Reservoir
Danger Den D5 Pump
1/2 inch thick tubing

McKee00a.jpgMcKee01b.jpgMcKeePC02.jpegMcKeePC03b.jpg

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Any real computer geek knows that you cannot simply press a button to overclock, one must spend hours tweaking with values to get the best performance :(

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Yeah I am aware of this, I really don't the have time to fully get the best tweaking done. The motherboard is built solely for overclocking and water cooling so it makes it convenient to me to just use.
  • I scored 9864 in 3DMark 11
    www.3dmark.com
    Intel Core i7-3930K Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 x 1, 49152 MB, 64-bit Windows 8

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Well I did some reviews and there is really not much performance boost between the two... whether or not that's a limitation on software I'm not sure. Even the RAM is a bit much but I saw a good deal so I took it. The motherboard is capable of holding up to 4 video cards, but right now I can't see that being a bit overkill. Overall I got tired of upgrading so with this setup I think it will last me a long time.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Don't listen to the haters, PureWhoopAss, they just be jealous of your setup! PWA officially has the beastiest PC of all Legions posted in here!

haters-gonna-hate.gif

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Sorry guys when I made that post I was pretty tired, totally forgot about the E-series, either way it's a nice setup.

Mukhtar

I'd imagine it'd be pretty annoying playing with that LED right next to your face :/ (assuming you can't turn it off).