Pickup Constitution *PUG Must-Read*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

Private Tester
About players joining, I think it should be no one after the first pick can be picked if they enter after first pick.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
About players joining, I think it should be no one after the first pick can be picked if they enter after first pick.
I don't know, people join all the time towards to beginning pick. I was reluctant to change that because some people are a little slow. :p

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Ucan you're so amazing at everything. However can I express my gratitude for posting something that you did without any encouragement?

On a totally unrelated note, thou shalt practice what you preach.

I think perhaps it would be a good idea to also explain for those who Want to become a captain, but have no past experience, when is a good time to learn. (i.e. when there is an experienced captain who can offer assistance, etc.).

Disci

Old man
I think perhaps it would be a good idea to also explain for those who Want to become a captain, but have no past experience, when is a good time to learn. (i.e. when there is an experienced captain who can offer assistance, etc.).

You learn by listening other captains do their thang. You get familiar with the players and normaly used tactics on each map. Also you got your whole team there helping you if you have any doubts.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I was also saying it mostly because of the line

Which implies for most pugs they only want experienced captains, not first timers.
We're all for trying out new things, but the inexperienced captain may lead to a bad game. I'd rather new-comers take a few days to watch how we do things and then decide if they're up for it. If games are still terrible, they can try again after asking questions and learning the players more.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally, I'm more in favor of there being two experienced captains put together with two new captains so the experienced captains can show the newer ones the ropes. However, trying to get two people to learn how to captain is going to be hard.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, but having just 2 inexperienced captains try to run the PUG, it's going to turn out horribly. That's why we can't afford having that happen or else the teams would be *danced* and the pug would be ruined.

I can see you want to try and have 2 new captains captain because we need more, but it just wouldn't work out so well.

I think the experienced captain could come in then, and correct and major bad decisions that the inexperienced one makes.

anak

VIP
the biggest issue with pickups, the one causes the most problems, is the fact that they're not really important. if one goes horribly wrong, the survivors just disperse and go about the rest of their day.

Synista

Also, specifics. Complaining and not giving specifics does nothing.
Not a fan of the map picking one, and the joining late one.
  1. Captain should be able to pick what he wants, if they played Frostbyte last match, and the Captain decides to play it again, so be it.
  2. If you join late to a PuG and someone decides to pick you, then let them. I don't see why not since you can have up to 16 v 16.
You don't have to be a fan of them. :p These are not rules that I made up off of the top of my head, these are the duties of the pickup admins and captains.
Can you choose not to follow these duties?

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
The rules have been working fine. Everyone has stuck to them and pickups are much more fun on the American side. There are no problems. Therefore, nothing needs to be changed unless I see a group complaint about something not being right.

You can choose to not follow these rules, and if by doing so you disrupt a pickup game, we will hear about it.

Also it doesn't strictly say that you can't pick two maps in a row. Therefore, it is unwritten that if you choose to do so, and there are not any group complaints, you can proceed. "Any and all map choices by a captain must be honored by the pickup admins unless it is unanimously voted against by the players."

Status
Not open for further replies.