New Test Server in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestCharmie

It's the nicest right now. But for some reason, a few hours ago my ping was 170...then it's 280 now...well the other server's ping also went up...maybe just my connection.

Lowest - 178 ping :O. New Charmie Record.

Jodediah

So I get ~160 to Japan
and ~120 to your Chicago servers

hmmmmmm. wut

sidenote:
8.9 something earthquake in Japan!!!!!
California tsunami warning I'm kinda freaked. D:

the-champ

Not good at all for me 320 ping in japan while i live in India and 190-200 in Euro servers.Why?!
While another guy from India pings 130-150 in japan server...

Immanent

LOL cake, delete your spam comments Champ. Anyway, I tested it out, and I am very impressed. Thank your BugSpray and co. I ping about 110-130 which is very good! I can chain quite well 50% of enemy's health, and snipe, MA without any lag! Very good strategical location, and might also want to try out HK again to see if it attracts more players. Currently there was about 4-14 players playing when I was on, good games, good games!

GReaper

Grumpy
Very good strategical location, and might also want to try out HK again to see if it attracts more players.

Not an option. It's either Japan or Singapore if we're using Amazon EC2 for officially hosted servers. If you want an alternative location then it's up to you (the community) to figure out where you want one and organise payment for it yourselves.

An updated Singapore server will return next week for testing, hopefully the performance won't be quite as bad as it was previously. It'll be up for a weeks testing similar to the Japanese server to see how it performs.

Once the testing is complete, it'll be up to the community to decide. We could run either of the servers on a permanent basis afterwards, maybe even both, however after the testing period donations would have to cover the costs of running it. Alternatively you could setup a server in a different location if you prefer something else.

Immanent

Not an option. It's either Japan or Singapore if we're using Amazon EC2 for officially hosted servers.

An updated Singapore server will return next week for testing, hopefully the performance won't be quite as bad as it was previously. It'll be up for a weeks testing similar to the Japanese server to see how it performs.

Once the testing is complete, it'll be up to the community to decide. We could run either of the servers on a permanent basis afterwards, maybe even both, however after the testing period donations would have to cover the costs of running it.

YAAAY, alright but I think more people will be playing in the Japanese servers ( although admittedly I would get much better ping in SG, I would settle for the JP server due to the sheer number of people playing). But I guess we will just have to see!

the-champ

Not an option. It's either Japan or Singapore if we're using Amazon EC2 for officially hosted servers. If you want an alternative location then it's up to you (the community) to figure out where you want one and organise payment for it yourselves.

Once the testing is complete, it'll be up to the community to decide. We could run either of the servers on a permanent basis afterwards, maybe even both, however after the testing period donations would have to cover the costs of running it. Alternatively you could setup a server in a different location if you prefer something else.
I think a better Singapore server will be able to take up a large chunk of the Asian community and the Australians ping good as well.
Hopefully you can keep the Singapore server going,if not both(SG and Japan),my donations will always be there if SG server is kept..

Sin

Private Tester
So I get ~160 to Japan
and ~120 to your Chicago servers

hmmmmmm. wut

sidenote:
8.9 something earthquake in Japan!!!!!
California tsunami warning I'm kinda freaked. D:
120-140 for me on your Chicago....I'm from Oregon. Jode's from Cali.
And I get 180 on your Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.