New Test Server in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GReaper

Grumpy
Just to let you know a few things:
  • This is a test server. We have absolutely no idea how it performs! All feedback is appreciated, positive and negative.
  • We'll only be running this server for a week, after which we'll be testing another server.

Jodediah

Hopefully next you guys'll be testing some pacific servers? :}

EDIT: <3 the grumpy developer rank. I lul'd.
EDIT2: This server is amazing. In California and I ping 40 more than to your guys' East coast servers. I'm not sure how much ping affects skiing (I'm thinking it doesn't at all), but I can still rabbit like a pro in these servers :) I don't think my input counts for much though because I'm not from the Asia area, but this Japan server gets my seal of approval.

Abandoned

Better than the SG servers, over there I pinged 350+. Now I ping 100 less. Although its not as great as the East US servers (for me), I think that JP is a good location for Asia. I would suggest Korea as a server location since it's internet speed is unbelievable.

Better than the SG servers, over there I pinged 350+. Now I ping 100 less. Although its not as great as the East US servers (for me), I think that JP is a good location for Asia. I would suggest Korea as a server location since it's internet speed is unbelievable.

Japan's speeds are comparable and it's in a better location (to supplement the Aussie players aswell).

snob

Japan's speeds are comparable and it's in a better location (to supplement the Aussie players aswell).
Not true really. There's only one ISP in australia with decent routing to japan and other parts of asia, barring singapore. So unless the AU players of L:O are TPG customers, it would probably be the same as playing on the us servers.

Not true really. There's only one ISP in australia with decent routing to japan and other parts of asia, barring singapore. So unless the AU players of L:O are TPG customers, it would probably be the same as playing on the us servers.

That doesn't change the fact that Chicago is twice as far away from Australia as Japan. I have great doubt that they'd get better ping to it than an identical server in Japan. West Coast USA might be a different story, but I still believe their ping to a Japanese server would be faster. Correct me if I'm wrong, Aussies. ;P

Karnage

Private Tester
169 ping. East coast of Aus.
Not ideal, but better, I guess. Right?

Anyway I was in the server for a while today. As Fire mentioned, I was pinging around 55 average, which is just unbelievably wonderful. I was like a little kid, I was so happy. There were quite a few US players who came to join us out of curiosity (and subsequently got their butts handed to them by yours truly *cough-FatElvis-cough*). The West Coast guys seemed to average a ping between 160 and 190 while the East Coasters were closer to 24o. As Fire said, we played 8v8 and I don't know about anyone else, but I had no lag whatsover. There were no freezes or any other such glitches. So far so good. If you are interested in trying out servers in Korea just let me know and I can try and help you find one. As someone pointed out, Korea does have the best internet in the world.

I don't know how you guys are doing this but I just want you to know that it is deeply, deeply appreciated. I really cannot express how glad I am that servers are being investigated. Thank you!

Not ideal, but better, I guess. Right?

Anyway I was in the server for a while today. As Fire mentioned, I was pinging around 55 average, which is just unbelievably wonderful. I was like a little kid, I was so happy. There were quite a few US players who came to join us out of curiosity (and subsequently got their butts handed to them by yours truly *cough-FatElvis-cough*). The West Coast guys seemed to average a ping between 160 and 190 while the East Coasters were closer to 24o. As Fire said, we played 8v8 and I don't know about anyone else, but I had no lag whatsover. There were no freezes or any other such glitches. So far so good. If you are interested in trying out servers in Korea just let me know and I can try and help you find one. As someone pointed out, Korea does have the best internet in the world.

I don't know how you guys are doing this but I just want you to know that it is deeply, deeply appreciated. I really cannot express how glad I am that servers are being investigated. Thank you!

Actually, it was a 4v4. Unless you did get more players later on. My mistake. =X

Status
Not open for further replies.