Mortar Madness!

RiPTaCk

Just a quick example of what I consider a "problem". Arguing that they might have been accidental gets irrevelevant due to to the sheer quantity.

Feel free to contribute.

I don't want a flame/troll thread so in advance: Shutup you Trollfaces.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
This.

You can't blame the players for this.
Actually, you can. When my own teammate decides to herp derp the stand with the mortar when I'm nearby as LD/chase and kill me and one incoming capper, while the next capper easily gets the flag, there's a serious problem. People need to learn how to use the mortar effectively and properly. It's a great chase weapon in many regards - you can practically shut down routes on Nivosus (as they generally consist of front routes) with the mortar.

Reactions: A2

Propkid

Srsly there was enough discussion on this.

Oh and, seems they have improved. Every time I play they all hide their mortars in fear :D
<-- hasn't been mortar-TKed in weeks.

WhiteHawk

if you can't use mortar without killing me or your own team mates then you should not use them.....only poeple with experience use mordarrs......plz I don't want to keep dieingg at the hands of my stupid team...and fyi I'm not in any clan.....this was like 5 days ago didn't like clan.....and yes I'm in the picture abouve.

RiPTaCk

I don't want to hear anything about how we can get the people to use the mortar properly. You simply can't! Go to another thread if you want to discuss that. This thread belongs to me so GTFO.

Also I don't want to blame any of these guys for tking, I just want to show the quantity, meaning that this happens way too much in Pubs.

Propkid

Prolonged spawn time (+15s for each TK after the first one) together with death upon 3rd TK (and hence waiting to spawn). Only way in which this will make sense.

MightyDeath

How is it that when I play as sentinel I can actually avoid teamkilling most of the times?
People need to learn to use it, not just random spam it....
Also there are other people skilled with it as Karnage or Sylar who don't trollface with them.

Sin

Private Tester
Actually, you can. When my own teammate decides to herp derp the stand with the mortar when I'm nearby as LD/chase and kill me and one incoming capper, while the next capper easily gets the flag, there's a serious problem. People need to learn how to use the mortar effectively and properly. It's a great chase weapon in many regards - you can practically shut down routes on Nivosus (as they generally consist of front routes) with the mortar.
You have a heavy on your team, and you're standing close to the flag? Sir, you need to rethink your strategy.