LODC 1.0 Release

Poponfu

Lead Developer

----Blog Post-----

This thing is really fun to play with once you get the hang of making paths and testing them as you go along. You can get it down to where you only need to 'rewind' to see your finished work once. Here is a short tutorial, I need to make a better one. I am going to put comprehensive instructions in the next post below.

**USE WINDOWED MODE WHEN EDITING**

For anyone who wants to play around with this and were not there for last pugnight where we tested the new exe, here are some zips of matches:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkgvdm69ni1x90n/Pugnight-frost1.zip?dl=0
put these in your legions/data/recordings folder.

Please leave feedback, its all we get paid with here. I have heard a few good suggestions from Darklord and would love to hear any others as well. If this thing gets put to good use, I will continue adding features. I believe whole heartedly in this thing's capability to produce some of the best fps-z skills or epic movies ever made. This thing can handle very quick paths for a skills movie or epic paths with hundreds of keyframes.

..oh and post bugs found in this thread >->

---LODC User Manual-----

Last edited:

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I'll have an updated version of that picture showing the keys as well as text instructions soon. You will want to open client/scripts/keybindings.cs and scroll down to where the demo keybinds are for now to look.

Fixious

Test Lead
Please note that in order to play demos from before this update, you will need a Legions.exe from that time. If you didn't save one, place this in your game directory (same folder where Legions.exe is). Launch Legions_old.exe to play back older demos.

Darklord

Private Tester
Looks great guys. Huge shoutout to Pop, Triad, Fixi and everyone else who spent an enormous amount of time on this!

Darklord

Private Tester
Other feature creep ideas: Auto bookmarks on long MAs over a certain distance, flag returns within X distance of enemy stand, carrier kills within an even shorter distance of enemy stand, flag grabs X meters above the ground while going faster than Y mps.

Name the demos something more readable, that better distinguishes what game it is from. If when you clicked on it you got a display in a table below of the scoreboard at the end of the game it would be 100x easier to figure out what game it was. A count displaying number of bookmarks stored would also be great for determining which to look at.

We could also use a text post describing how to use this. A video isn't really great for finding specific pieces of information.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Yeah this is great, just a matter of mastering controls and how to keyframe gameplay. I'm wondering, is there a way to hide player names because I don't really care for those?

Also, I found this funny moment in the demo you've posted

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Yeah this is great, just a matter of mastering controls and how to keyframe gameplay. I'm wondering, is there a way to hide player names because I don't really care for those?

Great job for a first clip ^^

Yeah, someone just has to figure out what are good camera moves now and also cutting a bunch together. I will make the shownames button on the right work by the end of tonight to toggle them for you.

C'est quoi la chanson??

Fixious

Test Lead
At the moment LODC doesn't like certain maps, which are:

Bladerun
Fallout
Forgotton
Gorge
Mirage
Moonshine
Shoreline
Sleepwalker

You can still technically use LODC on these map demos, however it will crash after you respawned during the game. So if you get a nice MA or flag return and didn't respawn, LODC will work. Hopefully we can fix this sometime in the future.

Application-1

test bester
A timeline with a slider would be great. If that is too hard then a box that show the current game time and end game time with a input box so you can jump to that time is good too.

A rewind option would be good too.

Darklord

Private Tester
Those are probably beyond the capabilities of the engine -- you can do fast forward, but reverse is 10000x harder most likely.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
A timeline with a slider would be great. If that is too hard then a box that show the current game time and end game time with a input box so you can jump to that time is good too.

A rewind option would be good too.
Will get that times/input thing done, I have a good looking clock that is unfinished for LODC.

The 'rewind' (-> advance to a move you have passed) right now will be as good as it gets for a while. It is restarting the demo and getting you to where you want to go as fast as possible. Same way q3 did it, it turns out! I did not find that out till 2 days ago though.

I have an idea of how to do legit rewind with a slider but it will be a while until I have time to try. I think a second demo stream could be recorded with startblocks every 30 seconds and a pointer to where in the regular demo stream that is.

Jello

Contributor
It's probably just me having the issue but when I do finddemocam and I press tab for third person, my camera is moving way too fast, I even try to lower the mouse speed but that doesn't help...is there something I can do to fix this? and also why is it that I have to press spacebar + w,a,s,d to move upwards and shift + w,a,s,d to move downwards? It's also VERY laggy when I use it.....

Fixious

Test Lead
You should be pressing TAB first, then finddemocam (at least that's what I was told). Are you using the mouse scroll to control camera movement? Scroll down to decrease movement, scroll up to increase.

As for moving upwards, it's just how it is for the moment. There isn't a single keybind for simply moving up or down. That might come later.

As for lag, can't help you there. Is it laggy in general or just when you try to create a camera path?

Jello

Contributor
You should be pressing TAB first, then finddemocam (at least that's what I was told). Are you using the mouse scroll to control camera movement? Scroll down to decrease movement, scroll up to increase.

As for moving upwards, it's just how it is for the moment. There isn't a single keybind for simply moving up or down. That might come later.

As for lag, can't help you there. Is it laggy in general or just when you try to create a camera path?
It's a cool clip too but lag is killing it

Fixious

Test Lead
I've had that laggy stuff before if I pressed Test Move or Start Active Move more than once. I guess you could try restarting the game/demo and trying the move again. Only press Start Active Move once if you aren't already. Pop will have to chime in with more suggestions. What steps are you taking to create / playback the path? Might be making a weird mistake we didn't take into consideration (there's a lot that can go wrong).