LODC 1.0 Release

Xtreme

shaska's bff
C'est quoi la chanson??

Did you slowdown with the ingame button or just edited it in w.e program you use?

I need your rendering settings very badly. Youtube butchered my quality.

Well twixtor will warp your clip in most cases, so I try not to use it. For this I just played the demo at 0.5 speed, recorded at 1080p/60fps, did some minor color correction and rendered to a high bitrate mp4.

Jello

Contributor
I've had that laggy stuff before if I pressed Test Move or Start Active Move more than once. I guess you could try restarting the game/demo and trying the move again. Only press Start Active Move once if you aren't already. Pop will have to chime in with more suggestions. What steps are you taking to create / playback the path? Might be making a weird mistake we didn't take into consideration (there's a lot that can go wrong).
Probably just my computer but if anyone wants to look at it here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/040o86y5elt5rra/Pugnight-FrostByte-------11.zip?dl=0.....I spent like 1 hour putting that together because of the lag.....:/

Fixious

Test Lead
It seems as though if you enter finddemocam more than once the high mouse sensitivity and lag appear.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
It seems as though if you enter finddemocam more than once the high mouse sensitivity and lag appear.

Yeah I noticed that as well (the high mouse sens at least). There's a point where the democam keybinds just stop functioning, so the only way around it is to exit and replay the demo. Also with regard to show/hide player names, would it be possible to hide only the player names and not the entire hud? I mean if I wanted to hide hud I'd just use the already existing keybind for that.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Yeah I noticed that as well (the high mouse sens at least). There's a point where the democam keybinds just stop functioning, so the only way around it is to exit and replay the demo. Also with regard to show/hide player names, would it be possible to hide only the player names and not the entire hud? I mean if I wanted to hide hud I'd just use the already existing keybind for that.

When are you entering it more than once? When you do -> advance and the move is behind you, it takes care of putting it back in for you and is actually calling a special version of it. Don't do this manually or things will break.

I'll see about the name thing when I get some time. It's about what other layers of the GUI they are parented with ATM is why other stuff went with them.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I'm not sure what you mean, but the democam controls suddenly stop responding, as if the demo had been reset somehow. I haven't found a way to reproduce it yet, so for the moment I can either enter the console command a second time and work with high sens or I have to exit and replay the demo. Something else btw, does this whole update interfere with older scripts? I tried playing some demos with killpop and they were crashing on me the second I made a kill.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I'm not sure what you mean, but the democam controls suddenly stop responding, as if the demo had been reset somehow. I haven't found a way to reproduce it yet, so for the moment I can either enter the console command a second time and work with high sens or I have to exit and replay the demo. Something else btw, does this whole update interfere with older scripts? I tried playing some demos with killpop and they were crashing on me the second I made a kill.

Does this keybinds stop working thing happen after an '->advance to bookmark/move' ? Or does it just do that to you in the middle of working on a path/roaming around ?

Edit: xz says it happens to him closing lodc's gui sometimes, I pushed something to live to catch that case. Let me know if you are still getting it some other way xtreme.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
I know one way of losing LODC's keybinds is if you enter the chat box during a demo. I did that last night to scroll up and see what happened in the game, and after that the keybinds went back to 'normal' (no more LODC binds).

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I know one way of losing LODC's keybinds is if you enter the chat box during a demo. I did that last night to scroll up and see what happened in the game, and after that the keybinds went back to 'normal' (no more LODC binds).

Thanks, I pushed the fix for this as well just now.

Is it possible to copy the camera control from observer mode to freefly? I find the controls in freefly very unintuitive with the space and shift keys.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Is it possible to copy the camera control from observer mode to freefly? I find the controls in freefly very unintuitive with the space and shift keys.

Isn't it exactly the same though? Nvm he means that the camera is bound to a horizontal plane.

Random question, is there a way to tilt the camera? You can get something similar if the next keyframe is above and to the right of the previous one for example, but I'm talking about a static camera or one that's only moving forwards. I suppose I could simulate the tilting motion afterwards while editing, but it would involve cropping which means quality loss :/

Last edited:

Poponfu

Lead Developer

I will try to get to that soon, at least see what it entails doing to the math.

Isn't it exactly the same though? Nvm he means that the camera is bound to a horizontal plane.

Random question, is there a way to tilt the camera? You can get something similar if the next keyframe is above and to the right of the previous one for example, but I'm talking about a static camera or one that's only moving forwards. I suppose I could simulate the tilting motion afterwards while editing, but it would involve cropping which means quality loss :/

Do you mean roll ? It prob will not be avail until v2 along with slowmo keyframes and all that fun stuff :/

Xtreme

shaska's bff
So did you just disable chat during demos? And why are rets no longer showing? I think I'd rather revert to the old demo system until you've refined this new one

Poponfu

Lead Developer
So did you just disable chat during demos? And why are rets no longer showing? I think I'd rather revert to the old demo system until you've refined this new one

You can turn the chat off in the regular existing legions options. I left it that way in case people are making quick clips like app's warp video where its wanted or funny videos.